Smart Casual

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Smart Casual

What exactly is smart casual for corporate look?

IMO, short sleeve shirt and chinos should do the trick

Not too sure if Polo Tee and Cargos can be considered smart casual attire too , that's for men.

For ladies, Maybe a short sleeve shirt and Pants. i always hear from my pals that pants are not considered formal in the corporate world

Comment

I agree that pants isn't formal enough for corporate, it's more or less semi-formal. imho, smart casual refers to short sleeves shirts, blouses, and paired with a pair of pants.

Anything else, will be too casual. That's what I feel.

Comment

Definition of 'Smart Casual'?

Hey gals,

I am invited to this musical concert and the dress code is smart casual... Not sure what to wear for that. What's your view of smart casual? Any advice, please?

Comment

My take on smart casual - no jeans, slippers/flip-flops, bermudas, shorts and tees and singlets.

I guess you should do fine with a dress or top & tailored pants/skirt combi. Some guests do like to dress up for concerts (non-pop ones) as its a form of respect to the performers.

Comment

i attended a business etiquette class and the dress code is smart casual...i wore knit top and pants.....some other participants were also wearing very casually so the instructor almost rolled her eyes and fainted.

definition of smart casual is skirt and blouse/shirt.....don't know why pants not acceptable...

Comment

Most of the musical concerts I was invited to will state either smart casual or day dress as the attire. Most of the time I would wear a simple top and skirt and heels, and light make-up. No need to be too formal to the extend that you wear executive wear, unless you are arranged with the GOH or some big shots. Bring along a shawl or cardigan, just in case the air-con is cold.

Comment

Have to agree with what the rest said. If in doubt, play it safe, i.e. conservative, i.e. cardigans, structured jackets, skirts, etc

Comment

Thanks gals! I think I'll wear a top with a skirt just to play safe... Cos I don't want to over-dress.. Neither do I want to under-dress..
                  Once again, thanks!

Comment

Hi people, I'm new to this forum. I happened to see this thread. Would like to ask "Imagine you are invited to a company talk at some hotel and site visit after the talk. The dress code is smart casual. How would you dress?" From what I know, sometimes jeans are allowed in the context of smart casual while sometimes it is not. So I'm rather confused. Anybody to help out? Thanks in advance.

Comment

I think it can be a stylish capri with a nice cropped jacket. *Mind wondering Mango for this look*

Comment

stylish dark demin jeans will do the trick. vintage or light washed ones won't. they're far too casual.

a smart casual right from the top of my head - shorts (or bermudas) made of a thick material like tweed or wool that fall a little below the knee, a white short-sleeved shirt and peep-toe pumps. i'd wear this combo with hot pink or dark blue stockings.

terms like 'smart casual' or 'casual' are so arbitrary. it's best to go with your personal style and be confident of what you're wearing.

Comment

So I assume things such as polo T-shirt or shirt with collar and jeans wouldn not be appropriate for such occasion. Am I right to say so? Hmm any recommendations as to where can I find nice jackets?

Comment

Hi

I need help here... I'm attending my graduation ceremony in a month's time and desperately need some advice. The thing is I have a cocktail reception in the evening on the very same day. The given dress code for the evening is smart casual. Would a cocktail dress be too much for the whole day?

Comment

Working...
                            X