• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Moving mini skirts?

Originally posted by Devilish Angel
    A question for you girls...

how do you prevent your minis from moving? :huh:

i tried wearing my mini out but everytime i walk the skirt will slide upwards, maybe due to the smooth material... i wear it on my hips cuz its low waist... but when i walk it will move upwards and sometimes sideways...

how to solve this problem?
    Devilish Angel, I've copied your posting from A&F to here......cos I have the same problem too!

My demin minis will slide and slide, move upwards from hips to waist and thus leaving a big lobang at my waist! So much so that I have to ask my SO to hang his hand there to stop it from riding up!

I see all the gals on the streets, the mini's hangs so well!

What secret do you have gals? Care to share some expert tips to me and Devilish Angel?

i have the same problem too! but i noticed that it's more apparent for skirts that are elastic in nature. so i have to tug it down, and check that the front is still the front, but not gone to the back!

i have no solution to this problem too... tape it down? heheh

Comment

hi girls..i experience that sometimes too...maybe u girls can try using a belt or a sash belt to tie ur skirts so it sits well on the hips n slide around? another reason from my own experience y skirts slide is because it's due to the type of undies u wear..cos if u are wearing smooth or silk or satin material kind of undies, it makes it easier for the skirts to slide as ur undies are too smooth..thus to solve this problem maybe u girls can try to wear "non-silky" (dont know what to call it) undies..maybe thongs or lace kind so there's more friction to prevent the skirts from sliding...hope this helps u girls..

Comment

IMO if wearer' hip is to wide, this tends to happen to all skirt, not only mini.

mine is such case. if the skirt has the 2 inner loops, i tuck them inside my undies after each visit to the ladies.

if not, wear low but not so nice for a bad-portionated person like me. if the assembly allows, wear a belt, loose hanging ones. now 'in' again right??

Comment

hm... what if there are no loops???

i thought of using small safety pins eh... think it will work? but troublesome go toilet eh...

Comment

i've tried belts and it doesn't work... problem is, coz the waistband is loose and it's actually pulled down to "force" it to sit on the hips, but then it rides up easily especially if the material of the skirt is like denim or stiffer material. for softer material it will tend to slide more to the sides, rather than upwards. i find that material of undies doesn't work too. tried it all before... and it still rides up. so sometimes if my skirts have pockets, i would stick my hand into one pocket to hold on, much like what littlelambie gets her SO to do. haha.

devilish angel, i had to when i read your suggestion! imagine you had to pee really urgently and then have to unfasten the safety pins from your skirt/undies... i'll just rip them off!

this problem is really quite problematic! especially times when i go out with SO, with one hand carrying my bag and other hand holding SO's hand, i would have to either pass him the bag then i adjust my skirt, or i have to let go of his hand instead. argh. it's unsightly to be adjusting skirt in public but really no choice!

Comment

Jing, mine quite bad. 40" hips with 26.5" waist.

i can never wear wraparound skirt as it can't stop getting me exposed!!

no loops ah? hmm..... if can't DIY, then i also :huh: wear a rough panty?? buy thicker material skirt also help?

HELP!!!!!

Comment

I read about a solution to this long time ago from a magazine, it actually suggested to sew ur skirt to ur panty... not the whole skirt.. just maybe a few stitches from each side(left, right and back) It seems quite troublesome but if it really works and make u worry free for the moving skirt then its a good solution !! I've never try it because I seldom wear skirts and most importantly, I don't know how to sew...

Comment

I've tried belts and it doesn't work for me either. At first I thought it was the mini's cutting, so I bought another.....but still the same so I thought ME was the problem....didn't know cotters also faces the same problem!

Comment

I used to double-tape them. Ahh, tacky I know!

Anyhoo, very OT, but that LV Doggie bag is so darn cute!

Comment

this question was posted to CLEO once, i remember reading it. it says to use safty pins to pin the skirt to the undie. but as bo-peep said, what if you need to use the toilet urgently!

and i don't want to pin my precious underwear. what if a hole comes out. then i'll be exposing more than my thighs next time.

Comment

Originally posted by ah_bao
                        I read about a solution to this long time ago from a magazine, it actually suggested to sew ur skirt to ur panty... not the whole skirt.. just maybe a few stitches from each side(left, right and back) It seems quite troublesome but if it really works and make u worry free for the moving skirt then its a good solution !! I've never try it because I seldom wear skirts and most importantly, I don't know how to sew...

if you sew it worse! cannot pee!

Comment

Welcome to CozyCot, Mizdivine

Says who you can't pee when the skirt has a panty sewn on it? Just pull down skirt as you would your pants and let go! Good tip! But yes, quite a hassle. You can't pair your panty with other bottoms!

Comment

Originally posted by Glossie
                            Welcome to CozyCot, Mizdivine

Says who you can't pee when the skirt has a panty sewn on it? Just pull down skirt as you would your pants and let go! Good tip! But yes, quite a hassle. You can't pair your panty with other bottoms!

OPPS...

but yes... you can't wear the panty with other clothes. anyway come to think of it, i wont sew it to my skirt. too troublesome!

Comment

Originally posted by Glossie
                              u!!! very much like those swimming costumes we worn when we were below 10. so mine was red panty matched with white flouncy skirt.

ya!! someone please share their hot tips!

Comment

Working...
                              X