clothes for broad shoulders

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• clothes for broad shoulders

i've broad shoulders and therefore, hardly find clothing that fits me nicely.

eg. zara top, size M would fit nice on my body but narrow on my shoulder. size L is fine for my shoulder but very loose over the body.

plus the bust factor, clothes seems to be tight for me.

any of you with these problems? where do you get your colthing from?

haix.. really envy you because having broad shoulders make you look nice in any clothing... Hmm... I think people with broad shoulders would look nice in t-shirts and polo tees... avoid halternecks and off-shoulders...

Comment

i've got broad shoulders too!

I dun like to wear tshirts because of my shoulders. the make me look sloppy and messy becos the tshirts that fit me at the shoulders dont fit me at the bust and waist area.... i got quite small boobs so won't really feel tight in that area... I look like a rugby player sometimes when i wear tshirt.

i like to wear tops with a little elasticity and sleeveless tops....
      As stelle mentioned, off shoulder tops are a no-no for me.. but i like to wear halter tops as it does give the illusion of a slimmer waist (at least) and that it shows off the shoulders properly...
      Shirts are also nice because with a broad shoulder, we can make the shirt look more sharp and proper... =)

Comment

thanks girls for your reply.. yeah, i agree that spag gives the illusion of smaller waist, in fact, spag look better on broad shoulder i heard.
        but afterall, i'm to meaty(my arm) for spag.. love tank top.. so seeing girls buying for camis, i can only lem.. fear i look :puke: in it!

for tees, i think only gior clothing fits me!

Comment

i've broad shoulders too, not too broad but yeah still broad heh... i wear only sleeveless or long sleeves clothes, no short sleeves especially the angel/flutter sleeves kind, they look awful on me!

Comment

oh yeah angel sleeves are horrible!

Capped sleeves too!

Comment

i am thankful for my board shoulders as they help to balance my hips. if not, i am Auntie Pear for sure.

i wear almost anything that i can fit in but not tubes, they make me look like "Ah-Kua"

Comment

totally agree with vernis about the balancing wide hips bit. i flaunt n emphasize my broad straight "swimmer's" shoulders because of this. i look horrid in tees especially cap sleeved, tanks with broad and far apart straps. i favour halters and racerbacks.

Comment

hmm..i agree with stella..i am those skinny but have broad shoulders type...only tees (with sleeve) will look nice on me! halters, spag, sleeveless, lycra tops all look not nice on me coz it shows that i am more skinny with that broad shoulders! :puke: lycra top sometimes show my tummy too! yucks! haha thats why i am selling 2 mango lycra basic tee now! hehe..(thou frd say nice on me)

but so far only a green stripe mango cotton size M racerback look ok on me..haha

Comment

i have broad shoulders but i love wearing off shoulders

Comment

no racer backs for broad shoulders!

i read somewhere that racer backs will make the shoulder look broader! which i think is quite true.

Comment

wendee, your shoulder don't seems broad IIRC. you look great!

chiri, it's ok for me to have my shoulder look broad in tank as long as i'm able to fit in.
                        actually, having broad shoulders don't look awful, just difficulties in buying clothing and those restriction.

Comment

actually for me the problem is not the broad shoulders but how much bigger my *arms* appear to be coz of the broad shoulders

Comment

Originally posted by stelle
                            haix.. really envy you because having broad shoulders make you look nice in any clothing... Hmm... I think people with broad shoulders would look nice in t-shirts and polo tees... avoid halternecks and off-shoulders...
                            Actually halternecks tend to look good on those with broad shoulders. I've got broad shoulders myself and I find halters very flattering.

Comment

Originally posted by chiri
                              no racer backs for broad shoulders!

i read somewhere that racer backs will make the shoulder look broader! which i think is quite true.
                              i agree, as mine are too board, racerbacks made me "ah-kua'ish" too.

Ali-shan, this Fri i better measure yours during recruitment inspection round ah!! :deal:

Comment

Working...
                              X