how should you wash bras?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• how should you wash bras?

this is really a dumb question.. my friends have tol d me that it's best to wash them with hands but i have acute skin allergy.. i'm allegeric to lots of stuff.. so i have to throw them in the machine.. is there any other way to wash them?

hand wash is recommended for bras. what about wearing gloves while washing? so that your hands won't come under direct contact with the detergent.

Comment

Well, first of all, avoid bras that are very expensive and delicate, just in case. Put your bras in a mesh bag, and machine wash them using the gentle cycle and cool water. Air-dry by hanging them from the middle.

Comment

magical: i've tried using gloves before.. but i still get an allergy reaction... that's so irritating! haahahhaa! thanks anyway!!!

sareshe: thanks a lot.. i didn't know u have to air dry them from hanging from the middle.. i always hang them from one strap...

maybe that's why there's always a bulge at the sides when i wear my bras.. i've threw them away because of that.. i don't understand why there are bulges at the sides... is it the way i wash them? or is it the size? it happens to all brands that i try... to both strapless and normal bras..

Comment

Oh dear, you shouldn't hang them by one strap. the cups will end up looking asymmetrical. I usually hang my bras by clipping them in the middle.

Comment

time for me to get new bras and treat them well! oh man.. i've been doing it wrong all these years...

Comment

i'm lazy so i just dump it into the washing machine in the mesh bag and wash it together with the other clothes

Comment

same here. i marched to Daiso so get those cylindrical bra mesh bags & dump in washing m/c.

guilty

Comment

oh cool!! i shall head down to daiso to buy the mesh bags!! $2 only! absolutely love daiso!! oh man.. so aunite!

Comment

think the best way is still to handwash.....but i dun do that all the time. Occassionally when im lazy...i just dump them into the washing machine with the mesh bag and switch on gentle wash.

Comment

Hmmm... I generally handwash all my clothes including bras unless I'm too exhausted or lazy for the day But where's Daiso? Maybe I should get the mesh bags and use them on my lazy days.

Comment

gin_c_2000: not vernis, but if i'm not wrong, daiso is at IMM.

i hand-washed my bra too or throw them into mesh-bag and machine wash. alternatively, mesh bag could be found anywhere, no? those shops that sells hanger around the neighbourhood should carry it.

Comment

hand wash bras too!

always have this feeling that machine washing will result in a funny looking bra cup after that?

i think i saw this small washing machine at tangs electrical department once. it's made especially for washing undergarments! but the price was not too cheap IIRC.

Comment

around 199 for the egg'ish machine.

Comment

mamasan is so tuned!

yes! it's the egg-ish machine! caught my eye cause it was so cute!

can get myself one the next time i have my own house.

Comment

Working...
                              X