Mid Calf Skirts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mid Calf Skirts

i don't know the right term for such skirts.

They do come in flare, multi-tier, dyed, wrinkled varieties. What is the best way t o wear them without looking old-soil?

Besides Indian, resort, vintage, gypsy, any other theme/options? wearing heels with these are ok??

I like them! I'm short and bottom heavy, so, as I said on the "Fashion advice for short gals" thread, I like those that are in heavier fabrics, so that they fall nicely. Nothing poofy or flouncy or frilly or tiered or with too many pleats - they make my arse look huge. I bought several last season at Zara, the tweedy types.

I think if you're short, then heels is a must. Either sandals or knee-high boots.

Comment

with boots!! brilliant, very like mag-spread but my boots are mouldy now.

yes, my bottoms got manified with most of these skirts. i have been trying to match with top with ideal length to hide it, not too long nor short. oooh... life is so stressed (by these bum-blooming skirts!!)

Comment

"Bum-blooming"? You have the most bingo words! Hit right on the nail's head!

Mid-calf length can really shorten us further, no? I just attended a course and we touched on how to dress right. It's mostly about proportions, like, a jacket should take up 2/3 and the skirt 1/3 of the whole suit. Colours in contrast play a big part too. I'm rambling.

Comment

Oh yah, the top mustn't be too short, IMO, unless you've got a beautifully flat tummy. I find that these skirts go best with more feminine fitted tops, to give you a waistline.

I avoid shorter skirts because I really hate my fat thighs and calves. So far I've got from friends. Some actually say I look better in them than in my usual faves (boot-cut trousers).

Comment

Re: Mid Calf Skirts

Originally posted by vernis
            without looking old-soil?
            Sorry, sorry, I only just caught on to your meaning! Me v slow. You mean dowdy, eh?

Comment

yes

i love whimscal ones too!! Woooo.....

handy when rushing for crazy-sales (like Mango), just slip up the desired bottom, pull down the skirt, voila!! one of my favourite public stunts

Comment

Originally posted by Glossie
                I just attended a course and we touched on how to dress right. It's mostly about proportions, like, a jacket should take up 2/3 and the skirt 1/3 of the whole suit. Colours in contrast play a big part too.
                my torso is long so for past decade, my proportion is 50/50

thanks alot for your highlight, i should pay more attention to such vital details.

the sticky part is the elastic waistband, sometimes too much gathers at the back thus emphasis is placed on wearer's bums. i am one such case.

Comment

i want to get these to wear on my fake demure days!

Comment

pls elaborate more

Comment

Originally posted by gerwhen
                      i want to get these to wear on my fake demure days!
                      Gwen you want to fake demure? Remember what I told you when we walk back to MRT from Jemay's place? You look demure! So don't need to act.

Comment

daphnee, er thanks! jeez i dont know to be flattered or what.

anw, back to the topic. i really want to get a mid calf skirt but i dont know how much wear ill get of it.

Comment

Gwen, just don't get a cottage'gy skirt

i think the most foolproof way is spag/tube/simple cut tee with your new skirt & thongs/flatties shoes. with thongs sounds resort'ty & SPG'ish but for local weather, this combin works fine. We understand

Comment

Working...
                          X