Full Skirts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Full Skirts

i do not know if these skirts are still trendy, but not too long ago i bought a boho- looking full circle skirt (is this the correct term?)
    and although i love it i do not know what shoes or top to match with with. help~ i tried posting photos but its kind of difficult to take close up shots of your own bottom half

pardon the roll of tummy fats spilling over!!
    Last edited by avojuice; 21-03-2005, 01:44 PM.

I think this skirt can go with many kinds of shoes like - Sandals for weekend look or pumps for a slight formal look

Comment

this skirt kind of "puff" out at the hips area...maybe wedges?

Comment

I imagine >> Look nice

Comment

i think almost any kind of shoes would be fine, best with sandals for bohemian look For tops, i think something fitting would be best

Comment

fitting bohemian tops are those thin, tops i see at the push cart at cineleisure? but those are usually loose fitting ones

Comment

me in dreamy state.... wooo... wooo... with long ribbon espadrilles will be nice too....

Comment

vernis you just reminded me of those cherry ones i saw on the gojane.website!! i have overspent for this month

Comment

I'm not going to be of much help here...

Your skirt isn't actually a circle skirt. A circle skirt should form a full (or almost full) circle of material when laid down outer-side up, and usually doesn't have the gathers at the top. So when it's worn, it has a very wide flare to it, lots of excess material, giving a very swishy effect when you move. Last season there were loads of them on the Banana Republic site, and I saw a couple at Zara too.

Does your skirt very full anyway, with a very wide hem? It looks like a dirndl skirt to me, what with the gathers. Great for a folksy look.

Check this article out. Apparently tight and mini are out, loose and breezy are IN.

Comment

this considered a potential Full Circle Skirt? :huh:

Comment

minis are never really out of fashion.. so long as girls still like guys....

Comment

so mine is a fool skirt..

Comment

Actually vernis' one looks like it could be. Looks quite wide! Open it up and spread it out on the floor and see whether you get a circle. I really like the look of circle skirts, but gosh, they make your arse look HUGE. Not for the short and pear-shaped, like moi!

You can still see a few of them on the BR site, I just can't link the pictures here for you. Gap has one too now in an eyelet fabric.

Comment

:eh: thanks for the advice but what is a dirndl skirt?? folksy look is it the hippie look?? i'm not very good at this....

Comment

I'll pair it with a fitted cami or tube and kitten heels or beaded flats, and top it off with a bohemian-y necklace

Comment

Working...
                              X