Tops with built in bras or shelf bra

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tops with built in bras or shelf bra

i wonder whai is the difference between built in bra and shelf bra.but personally i like those with underwire support. does any one have any brands to reccommand??i know bonds, fredericks of holloywood and victorias secret has them but i think delias,alloy, old navy too. has anyone tried them?? any views /comments??

woo..hoo... just managed to steal this image from auctions...

Comment

If i'm not wrong, that is a built in bra. It gives a little bit of support but not like those bras with the real underwires. Bonds one (in the pic) works well, I have one in black like the pic and it's great.

Built in shelf bras are those additional piece of cloth inside without the contours or support. IMO, it's just for show only, to prevent see-through. Doesn't help much.
      Last edited by fusionx; 21-03-2005, 04:47 PM.

Comment

thanks for the helful advice fusionx

Comment

I've got two camis with underwire support. Got them at Marks and Spencers a few years ago, so I'm not sure if they're still sold. Worth a try though.

Comment

so do we need to wear another bra underneath such tops?

Comment

i guess that without a bra,the shape of the breasts will tend to slide downwards

Comment

Originally posted by aaprikott
                For the in-built bras, no need. For the the shelf bras, I should think so.. otherwise, they'll be pretty active!

I think both types of the in-built bras have the elastic bands.

Comment

just bought a cami from forever21 with built in shelf bra. feels very "thick" but still have to wear a bra inside. :| i think i would look quite flat without a bra...

Comment

Originally posted by aaprikott
                    Personally find the shelf bra useless... the top keeps sliding down! I cut out the shelf bra in a Hollister cami and it fits perfectly now.
                    Still need to wear a bra underneath... too flat that's why. Don't want my nipples to show!

Comment

i love BOND's spag strap tops with "contoured cups". the built-in cups can make you look bigger if you're into that sort of thing.

i saw some lovely lilac ones that were launched for S/S at Tangs lingerie section.

btw they DO support pretty well (i'm a small D)

i love wearing them at home, support without having to wear a bra

Comment

Sharon did you say you're a small D??!!??!

Comment

oy oy!

Comment

i'm only a B and i've always wanted bigger

Comment

i find busty face difficulties in buying clothes. btw, i'm a C cup. but tend to squeeze into sorella B80 haha. have this mentallity that C75=B80. provided cups are big.

sharon: what clothes do you usually go for?

Comment

Working...
                              X