Made to measure service

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Made to measure service

Thought this might be good as a pin up, reference in the future just in case Extracted this from yesterday's Urban

Mods, please remove this if found unsuitable
    =======================================

Cheongsam

Lily Wee
    Blk 233, Serangoon Ave 3, 02-20. Tel: 96394147

Each piece requires about 2 weeks to complete.
    Price: From $280-$500, depending on the fabric used.
    Famous clients: Fann Wong

Lok's Tailor
    03-24, The Arcade, 11 Collyer Quay Tel: 6221 0376

Featured recently in the Mediacorp infotainment series Roots Mania.
    Price: Between $600-$2000, depending on the fabric
    Famous clients: Prominent members of high society and also wives of politicians

Yue Hwa Chinese Emporium
    70 Eu Tong Sen Rd Tel: 6538 4222

Takes 2 weeks to complete.
    Price: Between $300 and $500, depending on the material, length and style of the cheongsam
    Famous clients: None

Evening Gowns

Francis Cheong - The Atelier
    01-09 Orchard Hotel Shopping Arcade Tel : 6734 9898

Takes about 2 fittings and three weeks to complete
    Price: Between $1.5k to $10k or more, depending on the requirements and budgets
    Famous clients: Socialites like Celina Lin and also members of the Bruneian royal family

Lai Chan
    02-10 Raffles Hotel Tel: 6338 4806

Takes at least 3 fittings and between 3 days to 2 weeks for completion
    Price: From $1k to $8k
    Famous clients: HK entertainer, Lisa Wang and members of the Bruneian and Malaysian royalty. And Ivan Heng, in the return of the tai tai

Saris

Wrapture
    03-45 Paragon, 290 Orchard Rd Tel: 6738 6977

Other than saris, the shop does cheongsams, evening gowns and pant suits.
    Price: $200-$2000 for sari
    Famous clients: Malaysia and Taiwanese singers

Sarong Kebayas

Amor Meus
    02-06 Esplanade Mall, 8 Raffles Ave Tel: 6336 6930
    Also include cheongsams, tea dresses, evening gowns and bridal wear. Owner is Francis Looi.
    Price: Kebaya starts from $400
    Famous clients: Mostly businesswoman, foreign diplomats and brides to be

Stylemart
    149, Selegie Rd Tel: 6338 2073
    Also does alot of fusion, East meets West designs.
    Price: Starts from $500
    Famous clients: Royalty from Saudi Arabia and expats

======================================
    For further ref, check out Urban, page 13 onwards, date May 5th 2005. They even have custom made bling bling, bags, shoes, etc!

For tailor made clothes, do we have to provide them the fabric?

Comment

not necessary.. it actually depends.. cos if u got urself an ideal cloth u like den u can bring over and let them take a look.. if not, i think they might have a range of cloth to let u choose from.. it all depends on the tailor n shop.

Comment

So the from price is the minimum price? Like if you only wanted a singlet made it would cost you 200 or whatever?

Comment

im looking for a tailor for suits.. anyone to recommend? thanx..

Comment

Hi Marshmallow

I just tried MEN's TRADITION at Peninsula Shopping Centre with my fiance. The tailor - Daniel, is a friendly guy and helps us select material for his shirts. His shirts will be ready next Wed, let u know about Daniel's workmanship yah?

Btw, anyone has recommendations for MTM evening gown for older ladies? Its for my mum

Comment

I know of someone who does tailor made pants. You can either provide your favourite pants and they make the exact same one or you can show them a design and provide your measurement and they will make the same one.

Comment

hi Princesy,

Does this person tailor other stuffs like shirt dress or skirt or shirt? Is he/she good? Have u used him/her before??

Tks!

Comment

Hi Ladies,

Anyone know where you can get tailored made work wear such as shirts, skirts and pants.

Best if they do have material as well.

TIA

Comment

Went to this tailor at CenturyRoxy mall. Horrible workmanship! Alter lengths for pants or jeans still can make it. Make new clothings, forget it!

Comment

Hi,
                      I am looking for a tailor that does suits, pants for ladies... any recommendation?

Comment

i'm urgently looking for a good tailor to get an evening dress done for my bro's wedding... having trouble getting ready made dresses because they don't fit me well. any recommendation? TIA!

Comment

Allicsirp,
                          Good tailors for evening gowns normally take around 1.5mths, to 2mths to complete their creation, depending on the amount of embellishments required. What's your budget? Basic gowns start from $300-400 for the average tailor. The better their skills, you can expect $700-900 for a basic gown. Cheapest and most efficient way is to do alterations to existing off-the-rack gowns. Results can be just as good, depending on workmanship, and if there's a need to patch up details like sequins, beads, you also have to give around 2-3 weeks for work completion.

Comment

oh dear... looks like i'll have to look for another alternative. tailoring is way beyond my budget then. lol. thanks Ribbons.

Comment

I managed to tailor for $140 (material inclusive) from a makeup artiste. She does evening gown (OTR) as well as tailor.

Comment

Working...
                              X