Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• qh0971
    replied
    For thousands of years, Tibetans have treated the Dzi (also spelled gZi, ghzi, zi, or tzi) beads as a type of living gemstone. The word 'Dzi' may be translated from Tibetan to mean 'luminous' or 'splendour' in English.

Dzi beads are meant for devout worship and reverently kept and passed down over generations within the family. The ancient Dzi beads absorb cosmic energy from the Universe, hence Dzi beads can guard against misfortune and bring about blessings, stabilize blood pressure, increase the internal 'qi' and promote good fortune and bliss. Dzi beads enjoy great popularity around the world, and they are revered sacred charms for protection, worship, health, as well as symbols of wealth.

Besides being a very rare and precious gemstone, Tibetan Dzi beads are also one of the seven treasures in Tibetan Buddhism. The main places of origin are Western Tibet, Eastern Tibet, Bhutan, Sikkim, Ladakh and certain regions in the Himalayas. Dzi have been around for at least 2000 to 3000 years. According to legend, Dzi is actually a ?God?s treasure? which has descended to earth and was discovered by the Tibetans. Hence the Tibetans still regard Dzi as the ?heavenly stone?.

Length:38mm

Made in:Tibet
    Website: http://www.tibet-crafts.cnhttp://www.tibet-crafts.cn/05-chanpin/img/20098302234181.jpg

Leave a comment:

• snowhitemcdull
    replied
    hihi may i knw where this kang li crystal shop? i saw some selling from Kin Kang which they have quite a no. of branches. Are they reliable?

Leave a comment:

• Toxic84
    replied
    i heard kangli all sort of shop sell the NEW Dzi beads not those thousand one. I heard new DZi is also real but ermm dunno how to explain

those new Dzi can be very cheap from 30 plus to few hundreds((depend sizes)

Leave a comment:

• ftomivec
    replied
    Originally posted by kidkid View Post
    hi all,
    i am interested in buying either the dzi bead or obsidian for warding off evil. got some problems in my house.
    which 1 will be more suitable for the 辟邪 purpose?

any reputable shops to recommend? dzi bead is pretty exp, i don't want to buy a fake bead home. so far i have found 1 shop at Lucky Plaza, but wonder if the bead will be authentic

has anyone feel the power of the dzi before?

thanks
    There is two shop in singapore that i know who sell ''true thousand years old dzi'' one is at B1 Lucky Plaza. another at 60 kallang Pudding Road #05-00 Tan Jin Chwee ind Bldg. the rest of the shops in singapore is selling ''new dzi beads'' pls note that all "true thousand years old dzi beads" is selling in at least thousands of singapore dollars. They are more than a thousand years old. I got very good luck for 1st 3 weeks of my first wear of my first true dzi bead. then i become a collector after years.

kid kid , if your house got problem, maybe you want to find http://www.ghostbuster99.com/ they catch ghost and cure evil things. they are at katong. give it a try if something really bothering you. hope this helps

Leave a comment:

• kidkid
    replied
    hi all,
    i am interested in buying either the dzi bead or obsidian for warding off evil. got some problems in my house.
    which 1 will be more suitable for the 辟邪 purpose?

any reputable shops to recommend? dzi bead is pretty exp, i don't want to buy a fake bead home. so far i have found 1 shop at Lucky Plaza, but wonder if the bead will be authentic

has anyone feel the power of the dzi before?

thanks

Leave a comment:

• BabyAleu
    replied
    Toxic84: I also got it from Kang Li Crystal shop too ...

Leave a comment:

• Toxic84
    replied
    i got mine from kang li crystal shop i think its a new beads too. old onoe is vvvv expensive

Leave a comment:

• BabyAleu
    replied
    I've got a Seven-Eyed Dzi Bead strung with citrine into a bracelet last year. And I just purchase a Tiger Eyes bracelet for SO & myself each today. Have got it from the shop at Fu Lu Shou Complex.

Leave a comment:

• coffee
    replied
    There are new dzi made by the tibetian monk which they only sell them when they need to rebuild or restore their exisiting monastry. There are disciple who are "under" these monk and they will go receive these beads and sell it on behalf of the monk. The price are not that expensive but some unethical business man mark up and sell them very expensive.

9 eye isnt the most powerful. It is due to a taiwanese who survive a plane crash and was wearing a 9 eye. Then it was sought after and therefore the price of 9 eye rocketed.

I had so far collected a 2 eye cinnabar dot. 3 eye cinnabar dot, water mark and weathered scale dzi. 9 eye with lucky lines. Fired (huo gong) Medicine bottle. Heaven and Earth, Ruyi and Tiger tooth.

http://dzicrystal.blog.com/

Leave a comment:

• Evey
    replied
    Not all Dzi beads are expensive. I'm a believer of it and I wear one too. I have a 2 eye one and a necklace of tiger teeth or something. I don't know what it's called.

My mum bought it for like 800 for my necklace way before it was popular and it's not worth above 1k. For 9 eye I think there's only like less than 10 or maybe 5 in the world. The rest are new beads which shouldn't cost as much.

The old ones are those that are really worth the price. Once you've seen enough old and new beads you'll be able to tell the difference easily. Most Feng Shui shops sell new ones so please don't get conned into buying something that can be 'manufactured' easily now that is highly priced.

My mum's been buying it for more than say 2 or 3 years now and she's still buying them. Like the goat's eye and all.

Even mediacorp celebs are wearing them. When it was very popular you would have seen them wearing it on TV. For example, Xiang Yun and husband Edmund Chen. Wang Jian Fu too. I've seen tabloids with Jet Li and Jackie Chan wearing the 9 or more eyes I can't remember how many eyes their beads were but it costs like 5 or 6 digits.

Leave a comment:

• caramelover
    replied
    wow...finally understand why my aunt bought me those when she went on holiday

Leave a comment:

• azure13
    replied
    I got a Goat's Eye dzi bead from SO as my bdae present. I always believe in the properties and power of stones. Have been holding back on getting Dzis as I always felt that they are kind of mystic and many fakes out there that are sold as authentics.

"The ancient people believed that our eyes are the window to our soul. If there is an encounter with a mysterious man, god, or devil?s ?eye of evil?, it will arouse our evil thoughts, jealousy, hatred and other negative emotions, which in turn brings about pain and fear. Hence, various eye totems were produced to be worn on the body or hung on the building to counter such evil forces. The eye-shaped Dzi is therefore a symbol of righteousness to counter the ?eye of evil?.

Even till now, this eyeball look-alike Tubular Dzi is still being used to guard against evil. In addition, the Tubular Dzi also represents blessings for prosperity and success in career."

Leave a comment:

• Demigoddess
    replied
    haha cowdung..if u succeed in painting one for yourself..pls let me know

Leave a comment:

• Enteaq
    replied
    it looks so nice and mystic from the picture..

but given the price..
    i think i'll just get an agate and paint an ultra-imitation dZi for myself.

Leave a comment:

• pinklicious
    replied
    OMG! i never knew this is so expensive

my aunt gave me a few from her china trip and i misplaced (lost) them. :Doh:

Leave a comment:

Working...
X