Velvet apparel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Velvet apparel

Velvet material seems to be all the rage now, for this Autumn/Winter Season, as I noticed doing my weekly rounds of shopping recently. I simply velvet, as it feels so lush and nice, and smooth to the touch, makes me feel like a princess! But it's also not very practical to wear it often here in sunny and hot Singapore.

Any ideas how to wear velvet apparels without looking too formal (eg nice velvety tops match with what kinds of bottoms) but still with a hint of casual glamour? Pls feel free to roll in any suggestions!

One more thing, how do you take care of yr velvet garments? Do u hand wash then, or dry clean, etc? I'm totally clueless!

ooooo! velvet clothes are so nice to wear at hte end of the year. i love the shimmering effect too girl!

velvet tops go very well with denim. try not to layer too much clothes when wearing velvet since it's already so dense-looking

i'm eyeing below-the-knee velvet pleated skirts! what tops go with them though?

Comment

i feel velvet tends to have a fattening effect, specially on me.....or am i just paranoid ?

Comment

u are so right

especially those in pleated style makes mamasan like a preggie.
        if preggie, how can mamasan work i avoid them too.

i have a velvet-suede like halter that has high static charge, hugs my not-fantastic-body like clear shrink-wrap (ala-wrapped chicken ), don't know to wear or

Comment

you got me cracking up in front of my pc at work vernis! so true so true.....i give up on velvet!

Comment

Vernis aka mamasan, yr descriptions are always so funny as usual. Esp the way u describe 'static charge' & 'clear shrink wrap', really sounds like what those real mamasans in geylang whatsoever wears, their super tight fitting clothes.

Anyway I guess for luxe, rich material like velvet, it's important not to get too carried away in itself. I've seen a lot of those nice subtle ones which is really glamourous & lovely, to those 'obiang' ones for mamasan-types (not referring to u vernis) or for masquerade parties.

Don't give up on velvet! I think there are those not-so-thick ones which feels a little like satin/silk, which has a slimming effect, and not those red curtain types. Just gotta know where to find.

Comment

so & so to add laughter to your lives

i shall give my halter another chance this week, if it still refuse to cooperate, then i have give it up.

will be adding 2 more velvet numbers to my wardrobe this weekend, wish me luck, ladies Van, u are so right, the right numbers work well even on my ah-kua body

Comment

I love velvet too!

I've got two velvet tops, one camisole and on is a racer back cutting...

Both made me look a little fatter than normal cos the material is quite thick and it just adds to the shape of the body....

Comment

Originally posted by vernis

i shall give my halter another chance this week, if it still refuse to cooperate, then i have give it up.
                  Haha i just realised that the halter u were describing is a mix of velvet and suede! Gosh it must be really hot to wear that out. And the static charge, be careful not to let anyone walk too close to u in case they get static shock from u *ouch*. Now we know the definition of being "dressed to kill" , at least it will keep those unwanted pests away.

Lil Piggie: Yup I love velvet in those dainty camisoles too! First saw them in Taiwan when I visited in Spring and fell in

Comment

Originally posted by vantastica
                    Haha i just realised that the halter u were describing is a mix of velvet and suede! Gosh it must be really hot to wear that out. And the static charge
                    u are so right, suelvet not hot but really plenty of static charge

will give it another week's grace as i planned to wear my new pants so can't match with this cling-wrap

Comment

I've just got my first pink velvet with lace and ribbon spag cami from OZOC last weekend. Not used to wearing such shiny material out though DH says its nice.....

Comment

acquired taste coming your way!!

Comment

Working...
                        X