Would you spend $600 on a top?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Would you spend $600 on a top?

Feeling in a daze right now... as i have apparently forked out $600 for a little number from Miu Miu - a beautiful cottony thing with ruffles and all...

This sets a new record for me, as my previous record high was not more than $500 for a top. Just wondering.... would anyone else spend this kind of $$? Or am I completely & totally insane?!!

I personally wouldn't but if you have a high enough disposable income for it and that if you can afford it, why not?

Comment

I wouldn't either normally.... don't know what got over me....

Comment

take us pic & make us drool??

Comment

Well, it's a Miu Miu

Comment

Erhmmm, you hv somehow convinced yourself there to buy the top so I assume it's not really a problem to you and you hv bought others which cost ard the same... seriously what's the big difference between 500 and 600? It's like buying a $50 top or a $60 one isn't it? Girls who can afford to buy a 500bucks one will not think too much to buy a 600bucks one.. simple. You hv bought it, think it's pretty then wear it and be happy. Personally how much you spend on something doesn't really matters to others as long you don't steal or rob...

Comment

i would not want to spend 600dollars on a top. unless i am earning a very high income. i can use $600 to buy many clothes,shops and bags

Comment

Teiko:- I lurve Miu Miu, but just wondering whether my $ would have been better spent on Marni or YSL you know?!

Er...neko, the difference between a $500 & $600 top is *definitely* not the same as the difference between a $50 and $60 top.... The question is not so much whether I can afford it, but whether I should have spent so much $$ on just a top, or wld I have obtained better value buying something else? Even if something is drop dead gorgeous, and you can afford it, you would still consider whether it's value for $$ right? Just wondering whether I made the right call-that's all!! : )

Comment

I won't spend it on clothes. But i would prefer to spend it on bags ;anything that is more durable and long lasting.

But if you have the ability to spend, why not? You buy it because you like it Post a picture pls

Comment

anyway u have already bought it so there's no point to dwell on it anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by Jess
                      I won't spend it on clothes. But i would prefer to spend it on bags ;anything that is more durable and long lasting.

But if you have the ability to spend, why not? You buy it because you like it Post a picture pls

second to Jess. I feel the same way too. I find that bags can last through the different seasons and I would buy one which is flexible and easy to match.
                      I am contemplating a Tod's D bag which is a whopping 1.9k
                      I am just as insane when it comes to bags. Well, I have never owned a branded bag before..

Comment

It's not so much that I regret my purchase - cos I really do think it's very pretty, but whether I should be spending that kind of $$ on a top in the future?! I will have to put myself to the test the next time I see another beautiful $600 top!! hahaha...

Comment

Yup, totally agree wth Namida... unless you are going refund it, if not why don't you just wear it and treat it as a treat for yourself and don't think abt it anymore? Everyone has different view of what is too ex and what is not, it's not as if any of our view here is going to change your spending habit yup...

Comment

yes i would.

many of my clothes that are years old are all in great condition and these ones all belong to the "splurge" category. quality lasts and also i'm more hesitant to throw away expensive clothes.

i feel good when i get asked where i got my top from and i get to tell them it's 8 years old!

don't worry if it looks "dated" in a year because after a few years, it'll be back in fashion

Comment

Originally posted by neko
                              Yup, totally agree wth Namida... unless you are going refund it, if not why don't you just wear it and treat it as a treat for yourself and don't think abt it anymore? Everyone has different view of what is too ex and what is not, it's not as if any of our view here is going to change your spending habit yup...
                              No ***, definitely not going to refund- it's really pretty!

But I never knew there were so many people like Sharon & myself who are willing to splurge on clothes - Miu Miu was running out of sizes for most of their cruise collection, and this collection has only been in the stores for 2 days!!

Comment

Working...
                              X