postage fees for clothings?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• postage fees for clothings?

hi hmm i don't know if this shld be under general talk or here, so mods just shift it if its not approriate to be here.

im interested in selling some clothes like in the cozy swap..but being the hermit n kuku me...i don't really know much abt postage here..

so can anyone enlighten me? most of the time u podders send out light items such as a top or a skirt in a normal envelope is it and just paste one stamp on the envelope..? or do u actually have to go weigh ur item at the post office if its just sumthing as light as a top?

thanks in advance! sorry for asking seemingly dumb questions but i really don't know

to avoid dispute or misunderstanding, I always weigh my mail at the post office even if it's just a light top.

Comment

Originally posted by bebelatte
      to avoid dispute or misunderstanding, I always weigh my mail at the post office even if it's just a light top.
      oh and so u don't really quote the buyer the postage fees first? as in after u confirm that someone wants to buy ur stuff then only u bring it to the post office n weigh to see how much pstage is needed?

Comment

I take yahoo auctions as a guide. I'll collect $1.50 to $2.00 for normal post & $4 for reg. post. I usualy absorb the cost if I'd undercharged & if the excess is a dollar or more, I'll refund the buyer. I think it's easy to give than to ask for more aft the deal is closed.

Comment

actually on the singpost website, you can check the postage rates. Usually i'll check the rates then i'll estimate roughly the weight of the clothes, heavier ones i'll usually bring it down to the post office for exact weight.

Comment

get urself a kitchen scale. weigh ur item/s, giving a bit of allowance for packing material, check weight against singpost's postage rate for non standard mail, decide how much u wanna charge for packaging/handling (50cents is reasonable), add the 2 together...done! registered mail, its S$2 more.

Comment

Working...
            X