Trendy Outfits For Petite Ladies

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trendy Outfits For Petite Ladies

Hi, any recommendations for boutiques (but not stuffs from Bugis or F E Plaza please) to fit petite lady like me? I'm about 1.56m. I like styles from Mango, Zara, Benetton. Loves Urban but alas they were closed already!!!! Thanks!

Thread is moved to cozyapparel

Comment

hi...im only 1.48m tall but i can find clothes at gg<5, ness, pepperplus, double index and southhaven...
      happy shopping!

Comment

height, plus body shape account for the types of clothes that fit smallish ladies.

i shop in the boys and girls' sections of island shop, UCB, zara etc. not a fan of FEP togs.. they're so generic. uhm.. i wear a lot of vintage wrap skirts from ebay. fisherman pants are so brilliant for small ladies! esprit also has nice pants. i don't even bother getting bottoms from U2, G2000, giordano or topshop. they don't fit well.

i find it particularly hard to shop for skirts in SG. neither pencil skirts nor skirts which have a zipper fit well. some of my skirts are wrap, some are elastic-waisted.

so, like plus-sized girls, petite ladies do have a hard time finding clothes too -wry grin-

Comment

Yes, I'm agreeable with you. I cannot find any nice stuffs in shops as mentioned above like U2 or G2000! Sometimes I can only find nice tops in FOX! Thanks!
          Last edited by duckiee; 19-01-2006, 03:55 PM.

Comment

Agreed... I think ever since I moved to Singapore, I haven't been wearing pants, because I'm too small for the pants from MNG, and I really don't care to spend more having them altered/shortened.

Mostly I wear skirts, long ones from FNT and bYSI, and then really short ones from Forever21. The short skirts are easy to match with stiletto heels and make me look tall, but they kill the feet if you walk on them too long.

Jackets and blazers to fit me are also difficult, since when I shop, I only fit in the XS sizes! I had to haul a lot of my old jackets bought from Manila.

Comment

hey babes..
              i totally agree it's pretty hard to find clothes for petite gals..
              but i guess mango and fox are great haunts!

Comment

yea...i am so petite that it's really a chore to find clothes. esp pants. tops are still quite easy to be found. anyone has any recomendations to find jeans?
                Last edited by mapleaves; 18-02-2006, 04:23 PM.

Comment

i'm 153cm tall...waist 23" and i can fit into levi's M593 not sure about s'pore's 593 though

Comment

*** about iora and future state? i find their cutting quite small...

Comment

i think im not suitable for office long pants. their area from the button to the private part is always sooo long that make me look so sloppy!!! u know whether which shop will help u to alter *** area?

Comment

Alteration Services

Originally posted by Lynn-Ster
                        i think im not suitable for office long pants. their area from the button to the private part is always sooo long that make me look so sloppy!!! u know whether which shop will help u to alter *** area?
                        Hi, I've been going to Far East Plaza for all my alterations. Try Mrs Foo alterations (her tel no is 67339883) in Level 3, next few shops from Livia Boutique..........the glass panel along the bridge, next to a photo shop. Thumbs up for her alterations (from shortening the sleeves, to alterations of the waist etc). Cheers, Laura

Comment

try Urban & Co at Bugis, i think their cuttings are quite small too and should flatter petite gals.

Comment

i buy zara kids!
                            and its as ncie as the adults section

Comment

yes, it is so much cheaper than the ladies..zara

Comment

Working...
                              X