Pashminas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pashminas

Now that they're "out", I've decided that I rather enjoy wearing them! I'm using an acrylic GWP one, but would like to purchase the real thing, a plain one. Where in Singapore can I find the best prices?

Thanks.

I remembered there's this small Indian shop at the corner of Chinatown. Not sure about the price though.

You can also try Holland Village. The building where Lim's is in has many shops selling pashminas. Lots of colors to choose from too.

Comment

there's this shop on the 2nd level of FEO selling ethinic stuff...can't remember the name but the prices of their stuff there in general is very competitive

Comment

there were some SUPER cheap on yahoo singapore. don't ask for it from the US b/c cashmere & pashima are pricey here

Comment

The pashminas I often enquire about at shops quote $60-$80+.
          Is that considered cheap?
          Or are there cheaper?

Comment

there's a lovely store at Far East that sells this kinda stuff. second floor at the end near the taxi stand? pretty cheap pashminas.

HK has the cheapest of the lot though. i always stock up while there!

Comment

Originally posted by Hunny
              The pashminas I often enquire about at shops quote $60-$80+.
              Is that considered cheap?
              Or are there cheaper?
              It really depends if the shawl is 100% pashmina. There are some that consist of cotton and pashmina mixed. Those will be cheaper.

Comment

I bought all my pashminas from this shop at Holland V. shopping centre. 3rd floor I think. I can't recall teh name at the moment. But do let me know if you need details.

The cheapest I got it is for a plain huge (I like huge ones!) 70% pashmina, 30% silk for about $45. The most expensive one I got is one with a beaded fringe for more than $80.

The 100% pashmina ones cost over $100 for a large one.

I love my pashminas, they are light weight and terribly good for travelling or while in the plane, or in a chilly office.

Saresha, invest in one or two good shawls, it will last you for ages (simple handwash gently and drip dry). I suggest one in black and one in a neutral shade like biege.

Beaded ones are available too, but more expensive, and not very practical for everyday use.

Comment

Yap get yours at HV. They have many shops selling and they are of better quality.

Comment

Originally posted by lovedust
                    Yap get yours at HV. They have many shops selling and they are of better quality.
                    Not all the shops there are reputable though, some claim the pashminas are from nepal, but sad to say the quality does not reflect that. And a newbie will not be able to tell the diff.

Comment

Then i must be one of the newbie! Cos i only have 3 and i don't think mine are considered the 'real' thing. I get them for the color and the comfortable factors.

Comment

Got mine for $50, should be mixed with cotton. But could feel warm in cold cold cinema. hee

Comment

I bought mine ard $90 at HV too. I love it to bits. Keep you warm in cold places. Looks chi chi too. I can squeeze it into my small bag even. It's too precious for me to even handwash. Thus, I dry clean only and leave v. strict instructions to the dry cleaners.

Used the one given free by Her World before. Scratches me like crazy. :piss: End of the day, my entire 2 arms was red.

Comment

I read on one site that a 70/30 cashmere/silk blend or 100% cashmere are the best. Also read that dry cleaning isn't good for cashmere, so one should handwash with a gentle soap instead. I'll probably get a 1-ply medium-sized one in black.

I don't particularly want to go all the way to HV for this. I think I've been to the shop at FEP before, and will take another look. Otherwise, I'll wait till my next trip to HK (hopefully in Dec).

Thanks, all!

Comment

Originally posted by saresha
                              I read on one site that a 70/30 cashmere/silk blend or 100% cashmere are the best. Also read that dry cleaning isn't good for cashmere, so one should handwash with a gentle soap instead. I'll probably get a 1-ply medium-sized one in black.

I don't particularly want to go all the way to HV for this. I think I've been to the shop at FEP before, and will take another look. Otherwise, I'll wait till my next trip to HK (hopefully in Dec).

Thanks, all!
                              U mean pashmina not cashmere?

Comment

Working...
                              X