navel piercing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• navel piercing

hmm i intend to get a navel piercing next yr b4 my bday.. but rather hesitant cos i m so afraid of pain n infections.. plus my bf is quite against it.. but i m abit addicted to piercing.. so i wanna try out other areas beside my ears..

hmm i suppose most gals here have some experience.. erm can tell me more.. gimme some tips.. recommendations.. etc..

and whats da difference in the 12g / 14g etc??
    i would love to get a dangling one but my fren say a stud one may be much better...
    thanks!

DON'T pierce with a dangling. most salons that do navel piercing will advise you to get a simple bananabell or the ring (minimize risk of infections).

you change over to the dangling ones only AFTER the wound is fully healed (and that may take anywhere from 6mths to 1 year)

Comment

I think if you intend to go for the dangling bit, you must make sure that the pierced hole is long enough (i.e has enough depth), that is, to make sure that the top end and the bottom bit sits tautly on your naval. Otherwise, i find that if the pierced hole is too shallow, the long dangling sort of naval ring looks weird. Of course, thereafter, there might be problems switching to a common ring or spiral ring because the depth of the piercing is again different.

I have a spiral ring and my navel was pierced about 4,5 years ago. I don't know abt the extent of which different choices of rings will cause more or less infection for that matter...but i know mine took 3 months to heal!!!

I think the rate of healing differs from person to person and really, the healing is the small part if u you just take care of it, rinse with saline or salt water everyday and keep it clean....the fun bit is when the needle goes through..so painful that you have to stop breathing!

But i like it! The adrenaline pump...also theres two methods...the ones thats done by the gun and the ones that are done via traditional piercing..

I dunno what's the difference really...but mine was the traditional way...done at Johnny 2 Thumbs in FEP.

Good luck anyway!
      :]
      Last edited by PetitCherie; 04-12-2003, 10:50 AM.

Comment

I would advise against dangling ones too, dangerous. Go with a stud (no pun intended)

Comment

Originally posted by Satinchris
          I would advise against dangling ones too, dangerous. Go with a stud (no pun intended)
          rofl

Comment

oh i'm such a newbie..
            hmm reading some articles online now... gosh some bad experiences realy freaked me out...

Comment

See this

would love to have something like this~~ omg~ i love dangling ones.. chanced upon this while surfing net

Edited image's link
              Last edited by Queenie; 23-06-2004, 07:41 PM.

Comment

I recommend KP at Heeran.
                She's very experienced and many of my friends or friends' friends go to her.

I went to her too.

My piercing took 1 mth to heal, as opposed to the normal 3mths for most people.
                I even went swimming a week after my piercing.

Go with the stud one first, thn change the jewel after it is fully recovered.

Comment

Originally posted by Hunny
                  I recommend KP at Heeran.
                  She's very experienced and many of my friends or friends' friends go to her.

I went to her too.

My piercing took 1 mth to heal, as opposed to the normal 3mths for most people.
                  I even went swimming a week after my piercing.

Go with the stud one first, thn change the jewel after it is fully recovered.

thanks which shop is tt? how much u did?

Comment

there's only one such shop at heeren IIRC, it's at level5, annex.

did mine there.... costs approx $70 with stud. (you can buy your stud at other places but they will charge $5 IIRC for sterilising. sterilising is free if you buy your stud there.)

HTH

Comment

Originally posted by cherrybomb
                      thanks which shop is tt? how much u did?
                      Hi girl,
                      yup there's only one shop that does tattoo and piercing.
                      I did mine for $65, I chose the stainless steel banana dumbell.

Going to change the jewel to a dangling one soon.. Soon.

Comment

Oooohhh gosh! I'm planning to do mine on tuesday!Am kinda freaked out by the horror stories I've been hearing tho.

Comment

a bit off topic here, anyone pierced their tragus before?

Comment

I recommend Esther at Primitive at Far East Plaza. I did my tongue and navel there and there're very professional. You can be rest assured that they're hygenic too.

Mine took a few weeks to heal and it wasn't any trouble at all. The healing process didn't hurt as well. Just start with the regular stud and change to anything you like when it's healed as it might not be made of quality titanium and may cause an infection.

Esther's the funky gal with dreadlocks and tons of piercings on her face. She very nice and friendly.
                            Last edited by goddess; 08-12-2003, 12:27 AM.

Comment

wonder if ya alls' naval piercings become shallower as they heal/time goes by?? mine did..... and my naval stud is like... hanging at my belly button....

Comment

Working...
                              X