The ever so versatile scarf

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The ever so versatile scarf

Watching how French ladies in the film Le Divorce moving around elegantly with scarfs stirs up some lemmings. I'm intrigued by how a simple scarf can add a new dimension and dress up a very plain top or dress.

Are there any scarf-collectors amongst us? I'd love to know how best to wear a scarf.

I've always liked the skinny scarf with v-necked top or white shirt and jeans look. Anyone knows where to get nice ones that won't give me heatstroke?

Comment

hermes.

Comment

mango? now having sale, good time to grab some

Comment

I like scarfs. I pair it with V-neck tops, dresses. No brands in particular. I have one from Isetan scotts, another bought in Taiwan.

Comment

Originally posted by michannat
            hermes.
            I saw the lastest advertisment in Her World. It's beautiful.

Comment

i love the cheapo fake-pashminas they sell at pushcarts in Esplanade. Not v warm (since it isn't really pashmina!) but v soft. perfect as scarfs! bf got them for me, but i think they're about S$20?

Comment

I used to be crazy over scarves and shawls...You could try wearing them as a sash around ur hips when u're wearing jeans, shorter ones around the neck to brighten up a plain outfit and i wore a satin one as a tube for clubbing too...i also have this wooden loop thingy which I use to hold my shawl in place when I wear it as a skirt

Comment

i so want a hermes one when i'm 20something... i've been to the website just to wow at the lovely scarves....

Comment

Originally posted by gracegan
                    I used to be crazy over scarves and shawls...You could try wearing them as a sash around ur hips when u're wearing jeans, shorter ones around the neck to brighten up a plain outfit and i wore a satin one as a tube for clubbing too...i also have this wooden loop thingy which I use to hold my shawl in place when I wear it as a skirt
                    how do u wear it as a tube? and as a skirt? please share

Comment

Ok to wear it as a tube, u gotta be a little more daring...basically, I just wrap it around my chest twice and tie a really tight knot at the back. For the skirt, I have this wooden loop that people use for sarongs...bought it from bintan but I should think u can find it in singapore..It's pretty complicated to describe but the shopkeeper will teach you how to use it when you buy the loop.

Comment

i can't seem to be comfortable in a scarf though i do hope to learn how to carry it off elegantly.

do you just drap round the neck and tie a knot? doesn't it look like cowboy style?

and may i know what usually goes with a scarf? and how do you choose one that easily matches (as in colours and prints)?

thanks

Comment

saw some polka dot scarves at mango and topshop ..still wondering if i should get dots or floral prints..anywhere selling nice and affordable scarves? preferbably long enough ones to tie at the hips..used to have one from topshop but dumb me accidentally threw it away while spring cleaning!

Comment

ZARA this season has some really great scarves! am thinking of getting one to spruce up the look of my jeans, just weave it through the belthole and Ta-da! your jeans just got a makeover!

Comment

Originally posted by Pauline
                              ZARA this season has some really great scarves! am thinking of getting one to spruce up the look of my jeans, just weave it through the belthole and Ta-da! your jeans just got a makeover!
                              Oh I lovelovelove this look too! I got the cutest pink polka-dotted scarf from Zara with tassles on the end... too much!

Comment

Working...
                              X