Your Brolly

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Your Brolly

Haha ... i was deciding where to place this thread : In fashion or in cafe ? Anywayz, if i'm at the wrong section, can a moderator kindly shift it elsewhere ? Thanks in advance!

Anyway, back to the thread's topic !

I need a GOOD umbrella. I had heard that only SOME umbrella provide good protection from the sun's UV rays and that MOST umbrellas are pretty much 'useless' in keeping the harmful rays away.

Anyone know where to find good ones? I had heard that only those silver-coloured on the outside and dark on the inside are good. Any truth to this ?

Let's all join to fight against the SUN ! Hahaha .. It's so so so bad to our skin !

Found some really cool ones!

http://www.wishingfish.com/lightumbrellas.html

Comment

Hi ponnie

You might want to check them out at Takashimaya and Isetan! I prefer mine to be light weight and in pretty colors with unique design

Comment

I just bought one from a nearby market. Its silver on the outter layer and pinky-checked on the inside. I heard the silver on rge outside reflects UV rays and if on the inside, absorb it. Any truth to it?

Oh.. yes Takashimaya has lovely brollys but abit on the high-end side.

Thanks for the link rac

Comment

I purchase my brolly from isetan and taka. they do have not so high ends ones, like around $20.

I carry brolly mostly because of the heat/ rain. For ultimate UV protection sunscreen works the best! there are not so sticky types in the makets now. So we should all stay protected from the SUN!

Comment

my brolly is a very simple one tt costs SGD5 at JL sale back at PS couple of weeks ago..

Comment

i found one shop at www.emall.sg that sells solely brolly.

can't remember the name though, i think start with "k".

Comment

i found this. http://www.rainsshield.com.sg/

HTHs.

Comment

I am looking for a folded brolly that is pretty, light weighted, compact and not too pricy (not more than $20). Any idea where I can start my search?

I tried taka and isetan, but those which I like are really pricy, and those with reasonable prices are too dull.

PS: I think Singapore has really limited choice when it comes to brolly selection despite that it rains so often here!

Comment

i love my freebie brollys from paul and joe. i have both the short and long one!

not sure if they keep out UVA/UVB rays effectively but they sure are pretty to look at.....

Comment

Originally posted by moonfairysgp View Post
                      i love my freebie brollys from paul and joe. i have both the short and long one!

not sure if they keep out UVA/UVB rays effectively but they sure are pretty to look at.....
                      Lol. I love pretty brollies and glad u had 2 of them

How much did u spent before getting the free brolly?

Comment

Any recommendations for auto umbrella? Mostly for cars, those that u just have to press a button and it will open up.

Comment

get those with the silver UV protection underneath, it supposedly works better than having the UV protection on the top.

Comment

what an appropriate thread considering it has been raining!

I am looking for a nice and pretty brolly that i wont be ashamed to take out when it's raining. help!

Comment

My umbrella is from Baleno...plain light blue and very easy to fold and keep. Some umbrellas no matter how I fold they always end up looking like a mess

Comment

Working...
                              X