X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Look Of The Frame

SOME ADVICE TO CHOOSE YOUR SPECTACLES

INDIVIDUAL ADVICE
    Take into consideration your lifestyle, face shape, colouring, vision needs and fashion preferences.

EXISTING SPECTACLES
    This is often a good place to start. A customer who already wears spectacles will have opinions on what they like and don't like about their existing pair; they will be able to tell their optician about difficulties they have encountered with these spectacles; and perhaps even describe what improvements they would hope to experience with a new pair.

UNDERSTANDING FACE SHAPES
    Certain frame shapes are particularly well suited to certain face shapes. While there are no strict rules, it is useful to be aware of this. Here are some suggestions:

ROUND- a round face tends to suit quite angular styles and geometric shapes, which give definition to the face. Round or large eye shapes are less suitable as they will exaggerate the round shape of the face.

RECTANGULAR - look for softer shapes with some width; anything small and angular will tend to be less flattering.

OVAL - oval-shaped faces tend to suit many different styles.

SQUARE - soft, oval shapes work well. Thin, angular styles are less flattering.

TRIANGULAR - bolder styles are very flattering.

HEART-SHAPED - anything wide will be too overpowering. Stick to quite narrow, round or square eye shapes for these faces, which are a wider and more rounded shape than triangular ones.

CHOOSING COLOURS: WARM OR COOL?
    Again, there are no strict rules, but certain skin tones tend to suit certain "warm" or "cool" colours. For example, fair complexions generally suit the most delicate, warm colours such as brown tones, beige, camel or gold. Warm colours are also the best option for anyone with grey or white hair, so try suggesting gold, peach tones or camel, which enliven the complexion. Brown-haired customers, particularly those with brown eyes, are lucky as they generally suit many different colours. Explore some of the season's fashionable hues with them, such as red or aubergine.

FRAME FIT
    Ensuring the frame fits well is a vital part of the consultation. Besides the comfort issue, it will also affect how the person looks in their frame. For example, if the frame sits too high on the nose, it will change the expression, and could even make them look as if you are frowning. This generally happens when the bridge does not fit correctly; it will also mean that you are likely to experience some discomfort.

THE LOOK OF THE FRAME
    Remember that you need to discuss what kind of look you would want to achieve. Do you want an outgoing, confident look, something smart that suits your career? Or would you prefer a gentle frame style that makes them feel they look friendly and approachable?

CLOTHES AND ACCESSORIES
    The type of clothes you choose to wear, the jewellery and accessories you prefer, or your hairstyle. Their frame has got to coordinate with all these things. Ask questions such as: do you wear more gold or silver jewellery? What colour clothes do you like best wear most often? Etc.

Text edited and Extracted From this: Perret-Optic

hmm, i've always wondered whether a tanned person like me should try clothes that are very bold in colours...hope you can give me some advice...

Comment

anyone knows where to find the specs that was spotted on fiona xie on the 9pm show yesterday? not the old purple one. the new one she bought at the specs stall.

Comment

Yea.. Ongadelene, I think u should try clothes *** are bold in color because life is too short with 'safe' colors..khehkehe..

Comment

i think my nose kind of enlarge when i wear spec can u help me with it?

Comment

your advice sounds very intresting. I shall try and see.

Comment

(Y) advice! ;D Was thinking of buying specs for 'fun'(HAHA), now I know what should I find! (;

Comment

What abt palm size face ppl like me
                Not much choices for nice frame..
                Only can use children de

Comment

Wow.. Great post.. i really learn a lot from this..

Comment

cant wait to try too!

Comment

ZOIA | Women's Fashion Accessories (WE ARE NEW!)
                      For all you accessories lovers! Chic accessories at nothing more than $20!

SHOP NOW @ | ZOIA |

Enjoy our promotions to celebrate our debut launch! While Stocks Last!

Comment

New accessories online store! Cheap and nice!

ZOIA | Women's Fashion Accessories (WE ARE NEW!)
                        For all you accessories lovers! Chic accessories at nothing more than $20!

SHOP NOW @ | ZOIA |

Enjoy our promotions to celebrate our debut launch! While Stocks Last!

Comment

Now a days I'm just seeing loads of girls wearing ultra huge spec frames, and I've not seen a horrible one yet. Could this possibly be a one size fits all solution?

Comment

Hello Dolls! <3 Check out my fashion rant and some really annoying styles in Singapore! Thank you so much, and tell me what you think about it?
                            Fashion Rant And Pathetic Stupid Trends! - YouTube

Comment

Hello Dolls! <3 Check out my fashion rant and some really annoying styles in Singapore! Thank you so much, and tell me what you think about it?
                              Fashion Rant And Pathetic Stupid Trends! - YouTube

Comment

Working...
                              X