Diamond Care

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Diamond Care

i can't find info on this when i do a search. hope i ain't repeating this.

how do u gals clean ur diamond stuff?

For solid grime- soft toothbrush in normal soapy water will do. For normal day-to-day, rinse in window-cleaner-with-LOTS-of-water solution. The window cleaner aka ammonia will leave a "no watermark" finish

Comment

ammonia? what do u mean? ammonia solution??

Please aoid quotations when referring to post above. Thanks!
      Last edited by daphnee; 26-12-2005, 07:40 PM.

Comment

I go to the nearest convenient jeweller's! Of course, there's the danger of being tempted to buy more...

Comment

hmm is it okay if i just pop into a jeweller's and ask them to clean the jewelry for me? :huh: or is there a fee to be paid? i don't mind paying actually. it would make me feel a bit better than just throwing them my 2 pendants, bracelet and earrings to clean..

Comment

i once took my platinum cum gold ring to sookee to clean in that electronic sonic thingy and the lady over do it - it stripped the gold from my ring until it became bronze.

there after i dare not ask them to clean..i soak in hot water ..

Comment

omg did they apologise or offer you any refunds or anything at all?

Please aoid quotations when referring to post above. Thanks!
              Last edited by daphnee; 26-12-2005, 07:41 PM.

Comment

If plain warm detergent water dun work, maybe get a tub of jewel cleaner from yr jewel shop? Works for stones too.

Comment

i didnt realise till i got home..then i thought aiyah forget it..

Comment

mind revealing which retailer was that??

hope u feeling better....

Comment

heee thanks it was about 5 years ago it hink..sookee at clementi ...

i think these devices kinda strong so maybe use only when necessary..

otherwise i use hot water to loosen the debris then use toothpick to fgently dig out the residue lol

Comment

My daily wear jewellery are all from Lee Hwa, so that's where I bring them to be cleaned. It's a free service, and they've even cleaned my friend's jewellery (none of which are Lee Hwa's). If you feel embarrassed, you could browse while you wait and try to show some interest in their products

And it's amazing how sparkly just-cleaned diamonds look

Comment

oh ok!! then is it better to bring to the shops? after tt experience id are not let them clean..

Comment

no need to clean yourself. Lee Hwa got provide the cleasing service even thought your diamond is not buy from Lee Hwa

Comment

wow, so good! ok, i will go to them then! =)

thanx for all the info!

Comment

Working...
                              X