Writing Instruments

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Writing Instruments

A male colleague was raving about his MontBlanc ballpoint pen and always has it with him in his shirt pocket (i call it their other accessory ).

Are you using a good writing instrument? Can tell us more about it?
    Last edited by dolphin; 08-01-2005, 07:54 AM.

I do not understand why men like Mont Blanc pens, I have 2 but dislike the write-out colour. I'm currently using the Waterman from the Audace range, it looks like a mascara.

Comment

I have pens from cross and parker, both of them gifts from friends.

but I much prefer writing with those good old pilot pens from ordinary stationary shops. and I lost my pens all the time, not worth spending more than $2 on one!

Comment

IMO nothing beats pilot v5

Comment

happybean: i believe yours is under the Boheme range where they are all short and fat, especially the ballpoint pens. I really like the grip of that design.

wings: the ink colour of ballpoint pens is always lighter then liquid ink. perhaps you could try the rollerball pen instead?

Comment

I don't get it with men and their Mont Blancs too! Then again, I thought it was real nice of him to buy me my first Mont Blanc on my last birthday. A special edition "Herbert Von Karajan" from Mont Blanc. I can't bear to use it at all.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...sPageName=WDVW

I thought Namiki pens are really nice. Like a piece of artwork itself but they are too expensive.

aveline-> You still working 'there'?

Comment

aveline, that was what the salesman told me too but I heard the ink for rollerball will dry up fast if we don't use it often. I usually use the pen for signature only, not worth buying one.

raebelasian, you like namiki too? I agree they are too expensive, but I believe most people buy it for collection unlike me (although I like the maki-e techniques too). Saw a beautiful small Montegrappa pen in white colour, I'm totally in love with it.

Comment

I like Namiki pens because their designs are very asian-infused I wouldn't mind having a tattoo based on some of their designs

Comment

I'm thinking to get a meisterstuck basic black & platinum mont blanc pen for my bf. However, he will need a very fine tip, perhaps around 0.3mm like that of a pilot G tec as his work requires precise drawing. But there's only a fountain & ballpoint pen in that range huh?

Saw that there's a "fineliner" tip in the starwalker range, how does it compare to a pilot G tec tip? You reckon it suits a guy as there's a "floating star" in the design? And does anyone know roughly how much that costs?

All advice appreciated

Comment

Both my dad and SO use mont blancs and they swear by 'em. SO uses the Mont Blanc starwalker series (the floating symbol is really cool)whilst dad uses the normal ball point series. I find mont blancs too thick so I use my t&co pen which is super thin and really good to write with.

Comment

Originally posted by OneNoteSamba
                      I'm thinking to get a meisterstuck basic black & platinum mont blanc pen for my bf. However, he will need a very fine tip, perhaps around 0.3mm like that of a pilot G tec as his work requires precise drawing. But there's only a fountain & ballpoint pen in that range huh?

Saw that there's a "fineliner" tip in the starwalker range, how does it compare to a pilot G tec tip? You reckon it suits a guy as there's a "floating star" in the design? And does anyone know roughly how much that costs?

All advice appreciated
                      I've seen quite a few guys with the starwalker series and it's really good to write with. Not sure how much it was though cos SO got it in Toyko. About $4-500?

Comment

Hi madeofdreams, thks for yr reply. Yeah, somehow montblanc feels too thick & heavy. But notwithstanding, shall check it out soon.

Comment

Hi Ladies,

I spoilt the tip of my Waterman Pen and was wondering where I can get it repaired.
                          Bought it from Tangs few years back. Should I bring it back to the same counter?
                          TIA!

Something out of topic: OneNoteSamba, did you name your nick after a song? Because there is a song which is quite unique with the same title and I am liking it. hehe.
                          Last edited by pinktinum; 02-10-2006, 02:54 PM.

Comment

Yes, you can bring it back for repair.
                            Usually if it's just a faulty mechanism, you will not be charged.
                            However, if there's a need to change spare parts, you will be charged only for the replacement spare parts.
                            Not neccessary to bring back to Tangs counter.
                            Can bring back to any Waterman/Parker permanent counter.

Comment

hi gals, anyone able to get discount for mont blanc pens? or does any credit cards have promotions for mont blanc?

Comment

Working...
                              X