Rolex

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rolex

i realize that none of you like rolex.......

the Oyster Perpetual Datejust is my dream watch. it's not as expensive as Patek phillip or frank muller but i just have this "thing" about rolex.

Originally posted by kab
    i realize that none of you like rolex.......
    i heard too many people pronounce it charmingly as "lo~lair"
    maybe that's why

Comment

Originally posted by blushed2003
      maybe that's why
      that i agree!

Rolex is one of the finest watch maker too. It's just that too many uncle and aunty-type wear them here. No offense to Kab, of course!

It's one of the few watches with the highest resale value locally.
      I've come across several uncle-sort of watch dealers who saw my JLC and tell me, "Miss, why you spend so much money buying a Jaeger (he stressed on the "J" when it's supposed to be silent). Buy Lolek better, half the price but better resale value!"
      There's some truth in what they tell me. Just go to any pre-owned watch shop (ie 2nd watch shop). They are full of rolex around. Watch dealers tell me that they dare to trade 2nd hand rolex because of the demand.

Somehow i prefer the guy's rolex instead of the ladies. The Submariner is nice.
      Last edited by keiko; 25-10-2003, 10:10 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by blushed2003
        maybe that's why
        yeah i know! and there are so many fake ones around....

but it's a childhood thing i think. i grew up in HK during the 80's and at that time, wearing a rolex was a fashion statment. since then, it was THE watch that i want to have.

Comment

Originally posted by keiko
          Are you willing to consider pre-owned pieces? The secondary market for rolex is very good and i've seen pieces in mint condition selling at a good discount.
          Keiko, where??!

Comment

What's the starting price for a rolex nowadays?? :huh:

Comment

Originally posted by teiko
              Keiko, where??!
              There are a few reputable ones

Passions
              JW Watch

If you are considering pre-owned watches, it's important to go to reputable ones so that you can be certain of its authenticity. There are many small time 2nd hand watch dealers dealing with rolex. But i'm a little wary of these especially since there are so many imitation rolex around.

One point to note is that these 2nd hand watch shops carry more man's watches. I guess that's because there are more serious male watch collectors. Women prefer to collect makeup

Comment

i would love the rolex. without the diamond dials, you should be able to get it cheaper. $4-5k? i'm not too sure about the price. i only enquired about the boy size and it was about $5. i'm thinking of getting one too. also, very intrigued by Bell and Ross' Mystery Diamond watch.

Comment

Originally posted by michannat
                  i would love the rolex. without the diamond dials, you should be able to get it cheaper. $4-5k?
                  I enquired from Hour Glass previously for the rolex without the diamond dials. cost me around 5k iirc so i reckon getting the diamonds dial is more cost effective.

you discovered any good hunts for rolex??

Comment

hi demigoddess, i would love the one with diamonds too but it's out of budget for me. best deal so far unfortunately cannot be found in singapore. if anyone has a chance to go to coppenhagen, check out the rolex centre. friend bought hers with the diamonds for $3k+ but that was 3 years ago.

Comment

WOW ...3k with diamonds is a STEAL
                      perhaps next time..still trying to get the best deal in SG atm.

Comment

big oopsy from me. i meant the one without the diamonds.

Comment

still a steal.
                          maybe on your next flight there, you can invest one for yourself.

Comment

Originally posted by demigoddess1512
                            I enquired from Hour Glass previously for the rolex without the diamond dials. cost me around 5k iirc so i reckon getting the diamonds dial is more cost effective.

you discovered any good hunts for rolex??
                            Tai Hong Hung at Lucky Plaza #01-065 (near Pizza Hut) and Watch Palace at #01-001, 002 (next to side exit near Tong Bldg/Paragon) are reasonable in terms of selection & discount.
                            Press them hard hard for the best price!!!

THH is more attitude of the two. Go Tong Bldg view then go ask for quote from them.

Roy Eastern also give discount but bit low, & stock is limited, staff vy attitude.

If not, People's Park Complex also can try. THH also at #02-02/86. (More Beng here)

Comment

Nicole, u preparing for yr Big Day ah? :deal:

Comment

Working...
                              X