X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• vernis
    replied
    yes, your brooch is very pretty!! wow!

this is the type of safety pin i am talking about. all of them are real thick, hmm.... on a outerwear sounds good in office.

thanks Girls

Leave a comment:

• babyflite
    replied
    naughtygirl, thanks. The brooch was quite cheap though, for Australia standard anyway. Clothes and accessories here tend to cost much more than in Asia.

vernis, if your brooch is quite heavy, maybe try it on a blazer instead. I think it would look nice on a fine cord material. Or even on a plainish bag? Not a leather one though, would definitely leave holes.

Leave a comment:

• naughtygirl
    replied
    Originally posted by babyflite
    I've got one and I wouldn't pin it on delicate fabric like naughtygirl said. Am planning to use mine mainly on cute cardis and woollen scarves.
    babyflite, you have got excellent taste and the $ to buy them (which is so great). I enjoy seeing the things you get for yourself.

Leave a comment:

• naughtygirl
    replied
    hey, what you mentioned sounds like a really big (heavy) brooch. Maybe you should use in on say a denim jacket or some coat?

I am just thinking, if it topples down because fabric light etc then the look you wish to create may become imperfect.

Leave a comment:

• babyflite
    replied
    I've got one and I wouldn't pin it on delicate fabric like naughtygirl said. Am planning to use mine mainly on cute cardis and woollen scarves.

Leave a comment:

• vernis
    replied
    hey, thanks. the pins are really big, makes me paranoid....

plus the dangling stuff bit heavy so i think what u suggest on the fabric thickness is . i can't be adjusting the top upwards everytime as it drapes down.

one dumb thing i just realised, the dangling stuff i have got are in transparent so i guess i have to stick white top to bring them out.

Leave a comment:

• naughtygirl
    replied
    I think much depends on the fabric of your top. If its cotton or something thick should be fine. If its silk or something delicate, I think the pins might leave permanent holes and ruin the fabric.

Leave a comment:

• vernis
    started a topic Safety Pin Brooch

Safety Pin Brooch

anyone got these? i am so afraid these thick pins will leave unsightly holes on my tops.
Working...
X