Semi-precious stones

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Semi-precious stones

Hello i wonder if any of you here knows where to get authenthic gemstone bracelet or choker or stuff like that? i want to get a turquoise gemstone badly!

Babyfluff, you can try FU LU SHOU Complex at Bugis Area. There are many shops selling gemstones jewellery. If I remember correctly, there is also a corner in TAKASHIMAYA Department Store selling these. I think its called SOMETHING PRECIOUS. The stuff's there more stylish. HTHS!

Comment

erm, i was wondering those push carts at esplanade have it? think they r costly though and i dun know how to differentiate a "real" one....turquoise sounds good.

Comment

Originally posted by liberty
        If I remember correctly, there is also a corner in TAKASHIMAYA Department Store selling these. I think its called SOMETHING PRECIOUS. The stuff's there more stylish. HTHS!
        Yes, I got mine from SOMETHING PRECIOUS. I paid $99 for my bracelet. I love it very much. They are crafted in Hong Kong and the stones are from all over the world (thats what I was told).

Best thing is they cater to small wrist girls. Its not always easy for me to find something that fits so well and I'm glad I can go to them.

They are also available at Robinsons.

Comment

Can try this website and see whether have what you want..

Originally posted by babyfluff
          Hello i wonder if any of you here knows where to get authenthic gemstone bracelet or choker or stuff like that? i want to get a turquoise gemstone badly!
          A friend of mine bought earrings and gemstone bracelets from this website called Amelias Gems. She said the owner is also able to do custom made gemstone jewellery. My friend is quite happy with her jewellery and the service. You can try asking. But according to my friend, the owner has many more jewellery that she hasn't updated on her website so the website is like, a bit outdated. My friend ever asked the owner to e-mail her some pictures of her new stuff and she obliged. Maybe you can try asking also.

The website is www.ameliasgems.com

Hope you find the choker that you like!

Comment

Ah! just make it yourself!
            That's what I do when I want something bad but can't find it in the shops or more frequently, can't afford it!
            Look what I ended up making when I fell in love with Moonstone and Blue Lace Agate stones:
            http://watergallery.blogspot.com/

You can get real turquoise from Bead Hub, Mix & Match or some (be discerning!) from the Fortune Centre or Waterloo St shops. See the Jewellery making discussion thread in the Hobby section for location and details.

Fyi, turquoise is a stone of purification, protection and healing. Many cultures use it as a protection talisman. Often we yearn for certain stones because of the qualities that they can bring out in us. We have an affinity to certain stones at different times of our lives.

Comment

haha yups i know...turquoise is my birthstone...

wow how did u manage to make all that? i'm really darn stupid in making jewellery or any hand made stuff...sheesh.

Comment

nice pieces you have created dearie... good job!

Comment

haha yups i know...turquoise is my birthstone...

wow how did u manage to make all that? i'm really darn stupid in making jewellery or any hand made stuff...sheesh.
                  well, you know what they say: necessity is the mother of invention.
                  Or rather "desperation and being cheapo are the mothers if invention" in this case.
                  Ah. anyway, it's not difficult to make your own stuff. but it is difficult to make something that is original AND beautiful AND well-crafted (i.e. will not fall into bits when you try to wear it!!!!)

Comment

tanglin shopping centre #01-06
                    julie ng's

she got real semi-precious jewellery. all handmade by her. and you can custom make it too.

Comment

Hi geeko,

Sorry about it, I only posted to threads where the topic is on semi precious or handcrafted jewellery.

Comment

hi! i'm actually rather curious about what excatly are faceted stones. Eg. faceted rubies? they are actually valued for money? Someone pls enlighten me

Comment

Rose Quartz

Anyone know much about Rose Quartz? Specifically I want to know if it's worth to pay rather high price for it. Am eyeing a pink gold diamond n rose quartz ring. Big lemming!

Comment

Originally posted by momopeach View Post
                            Anyone know much about Rose Quartz? Specifically I want to know if it's worth to pay rather high price for it. Am eyeing a pink gold diamond n rose quartz ring. Big lemming!
                            Well, if it's from a reputable place, I would say go for it, if you really, really, really, like the piece. Gem quality Rose Quartz is very hard to come by these days.

About 80% of the rose quartz being sold on the market are dyed quartz, even excluding the glass stones being passed off as the real thing.

Comment

Thanks mirabilis But how do I know if the rose quartz is of good quality or dyed quartz? The ring I saw is from Cupid Jewels, if this helps.

Comment

Working...
                              X