Places to alter bracelets

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Places to alter bracelets

Know of any places to alter the length of braclets?
    I just bought some braclets, but the length is too long .. would like to know where to alter and the price too.
    Thanks!

how timely! i also need bracelets altered. but was thinking of doing it myself though.

Comment

if they're real jewellery, you can bring them to the shop for alteration. it's part of after sales service.

Comment

Are your bracelets strung? Meaning the type with beads/charms/etc on an elastic band/wire/string? These can be re-strung at some craft shops selling similar items.

If they are linked like real jewellery, best bet is a jeweller. HTH!

Comment

Mine are bought off ASOS .. which are a tad too big for me. One of the braclet I'm intending to alter is this . Do you gals think it can be done? And roughly around how much for those who have alter their braclets before?

Comment

From the picture, it looks like the links in the chain are soldered so there are no breaks in each link to open up and take out some links to shorten.

If DIY, you can use a strong pair of wire cutters to cut off the link where one of the clasps has been attached and measure how much extra bracelet you can spare and cut off the link at the point you want to shorten. Then simply join back the clasp to the new ending of the chain with a jump ring (an "openable" bendable circle of wire).

presto! new bracelet!

Comment

I used to work in such areas part time. I have learnt how to alter bracelets, necklace, etc from my work place. If I am not wrong, it can be altered. Snap the chain and recombine it with a ring. You could try this place "Crafts Jewellery" at Tampines Mall or Parco Bugis. If I am not wrong, they might charge you $2 or slightly more.

Comment

Thanks! Will give it a try!

Comment

the ASOS braclet i bought is broken when i received it... sigh...

Comment

miracle: try Jo's Craft located at Plaza Singapura. The alteration should be a dollar or two.

Comment

Jo's craft offers alteration at such a cheap price? I never knew. it'll be useful info for the future yay cuz I can never wear bracelets unless I alter some links off due to my small wrist.

Comment

Hey gurls, is there any store that does repair work for broken necklace clasp? I have 2 chains where e clasp is e kind where u press e hook n there's a gap n then u slide the other end into the gap to hook e necklace - the very common kind that most chains have. The area where u press e hook has come loose n i can't secure the chain anymore, really like these necklaces alot, does anyone know where i can get it fixed pls? Thanks!

Comment

anyone can help pls??

Comment

Working...
                          X