TIBET EYE DZI Bead

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TIBET EYE DZI Bead

The most desirable of all gemstones in Tibet and the Himalayan regions is the dZi (pronounced zee) stone. DZi in Tibetan means "shine, brightness, clearness, splendor. The dZi bead is one of the most mysterious of all the beads known today. These shiny stone beads patterned with mystical eyes and stripes are now some of the most treasured beads in the world. DZi beads are mined high in the Himalayas where the Earth is closest to Heaven giving the legendary magical powers to the stone. Its composition is actually agate with a strong magnetic field. Another legend said dZi bead was developed from a magical bug. Whether dZi beads are spiritual bugs or stones fallen from Heaven, they bring good karma to those who own them. Since having a dZi bead can bring good fortune, health and wealth, rich people of Asia have long been avid collectors of these legendary jewels.

I'm been wanting one of these but the one that i want is so expensive.
    Anyone like these too.

Superior 9 Eyes dZi Necklace
    This is the highest-grade dZi, that is why it fetches a higher price relatively. 9 eyes is the king of all dZi, the more priced and sought after dZi of all. Today, almost all feng shui enthusiasts are craving to have his own 9 eyes dZi for all kinds of good fortune, divine protection, good health, wealth, prosperity from heaven, double longevity, victory over foes, windfall luck and ultimate good luck; protected by the Buddha's eyes. This DZI will enable the wearer to gain power and influence. 9 Eyes dZi brings nine types of merits, which helps to purify negative sins and dissolves all obstacles and blockages along your path. It could also protect the wearer against all kinds of misfortune, including falling prey to spirit harms. This necklace comes together with Onyx bead and Tiger Eye bead. Onyx is excellent to remove all negativities and bad luck from our body. Meanwhile, the Tiger Eye is best to increase confidence and protect againts harmful forces

Comment

'This necklace comes together with Onyx bead and Tiger Eye bead' sounds fierce!!!!!
      Where can we get it??? It looks chic~

Comment

U shld be able to get it from those Feng Shui shops in SG.

I saw the one that i liked, it was RM$388 from those Feng Shui shops in KL

Dzi bead with the critine crystals cost much more cos critine suppose to increase wealth and luck and this 9 eye Dzi bead has already very "powerful" properties - RM$588 :Doh:

Comment

The most valuable of all dZi is thought to be the Nine-Eyed dZi. Apparently there are also 13 eyed dZi which are extremely rare... Generally, beads that have 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 or 13 eyes are the most sought after. Then it is dZi that have unusual patterns, inclusions and colours. Then it is beads that have an even number of eyes. Lastly, it is the lesser quality dZi called Chung that are prized and collected in the Himalayas.

Each bead can be considered unique in its appearance and energetic feel. Physical evidence shows that some designs were etched into the surface with tools and others with chemical treatments. Some beads were then buried by the craftsmen in the ground for as long as thirty years. Apparently this helped recharge the bead and cleanse it of toxins. When choosing a bead it is the intricate and unique patterns that are of greater value. They command high prices and are difficult to come by. Some universally recognized patterns are zig zags, diamonds, circles, squares, waves, and stripes. Colours will mainly range from browns to blacks with the pattern usually being in white. However, dZi beads can appear in different colours, shapes and sizes.

The word dZi translates as 'brightly burnished' or 'etched' and antique beads have been known to command one million US Dollars. They are highly collectable across the Asian continent and are now seeing increasing interest in the West. Some original dZi stones are thought to be thousands of years old and are extremely rare. These ancient beads have a rich history in Tibetan folklore. It is said that only a person with extremely good 'karma' will have the fortune of owning such a bead. Some Tibetans say they originated around 3000 B.C. however, it is unclear as to the exact origin, time of manufacture, or even how long they have been in existence. Maybe because they are shrouded in so much mystery they have become one of the most valuable talismans known to man.

Although, Antique stones are the most sought after, new dZi stones are highly valued for their beauty and symbology. New dZi created in the last 50 years (but mainly in the last 10 years) have also been known to command thousands of dollars on the market. For a bead to be recognised as dZi they must be Agate. Dzi made from glass, bone, wood or any other material is not a true dZi. For those who cannot afford to purchase an Antique dZi the new dZi beads are an affordable alternative. The best new dZi are made by skilled artisans who have been passed the ancient technique of dZi making through previous generations of dZi makers. Each maker will develop their own technique which will ensure quality and uniqueness of each bead. These techniques are often kept a closely guarded secret. It is therefore extremely difficult to immitate dZi beads. A true 'new' dZi bead that has been made by a highly skilled artisan will be almost impossible to tell apart from an Antique dZi. Only a trained eye will be able to tell the difference.

Today, quality new Dzi beads are being made in Tibet, Japan, Nepal, Singapore, China and Taiwan. Although, these are obviously not created by the hands of gods, they are treated agates designed in the same way as the ancient dZi beads. They are still highly valued by Tibetans, Buddhist practitioners and bead collectors. They can be worn around the neck, you can add them to your mala or even set a Dzi into a ring or pendant.

Comment

OMG! i never knew this is so expensive

my aunt gave me a few from her china trip and i misplaced (lost) them. :Doh:

Comment

it looks so nice and mystic from the picture..

but given the price..
              i think i'll just get an agate and paint an ultra-imitation dZi for myself.

Comment

haha cowdung..if u succeed in painting one for yourself..pls let me know

Comment

I got a Goat's Eye dzi bead from SO as my bdae present. I always believe in the properties and power of stones. Have been holding back on getting Dzis as I always felt that they are kind of mystic and many fakes out there that are sold as authentics.

"The ancient people believed that our eyes are the window to our soul. If there is an encounter with a mysterious man, god, or devil?s ?eye of evil?, it will arouse our evil thoughts, jealousy, hatred and other negative emotions, which in turn brings about pain and fear. Hence, various eye totems were produced to be worn on the body or hung on the building to counter such evil forces. The eye-shaped Dzi is therefore a symbol of righteousness to counter the ?eye of evil?.

Even till now, this eyeball look-alike Tubular Dzi is still being used to guard against evil. In addition, the Tubular Dzi also represents blessings for prosperity and success in career."

Comment

wow...finally understand why my aunt bought me those when she went on holiday

Comment

Not all Dzi beads are expensive. I'm a believer of it and I wear one too. I have a 2 eye one and a necklace of tiger teeth or something. I don't know what it's called.

My mum bought it for like 800 for my necklace way before it was popular and it's not worth above 1k. For 9 eye I think there's only like less than 10 or maybe 5 in the world. The rest are new beads which shouldn't cost as much.

The old ones are those that are really worth the price. Once you've seen enough old and new beads you'll be able to tell the difference easily. Most Feng Shui shops sell new ones so please don't get conned into buying something that can be 'manufactured' easily now that is highly priced.

My mum's been buying it for more than say 2 or 3 years now and she's still buying them. Like the goat's eye and all.

Even mediacorp celebs are wearing them. When it was very popular you would have seen them wearing it on TV. For example, Xiang Yun and husband Edmund Chen. Wang Jian Fu too. I've seen tabloids with Jet Li and Jackie Chan wearing the 9 or more eyes I can't remember how many eyes their beads were but it costs like 5 or 6 digits.

Comment

There are new dzi made by the tibetian monk which they only sell them when they need to rebuild or restore their exisiting monastry. There are disciple who are "under" these monk and they will go receive these beads and sell it on behalf of the monk. The price are not that expensive but some unethical business man mark up and sell them very expensive.

9 eye isnt the most powerful. It is due to a taiwanese who survive a plane crash and was wearing a 9 eye. Then it was sought after and therefore the price of 9 eye rocketed.

I had so far collected a 2 eye cinnabar dot. 3 eye cinnabar dot, water mark and weathered scale dzi. 9 eye with lucky lines. Fired (huo gong) Medicine bottle. Heaven and Earth, Ruyi and Tiger tooth.

http://dzicrystal.blog.com/

Comment

I've got a Seven-Eyed Dzi Bead strung with citrine into a bracelet last year. And I just purchase a Tiger Eyes bracelet for SO & myself each today. Have got it from the shop at Fu Lu Shou Complex.

Comment

i got mine from kang li crystal shop i think its a new beads too. old onoe is vvvv expensive

Comment

Toxic84: I also got it from Kang Li Crystal shop too ...

Comment

Working...
                              X