All about Friendship

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• All about Friendship

I was hoping I could get advice on something from you all.

I used to be friends with a group of people and I cut them off completely a couple months ago because they are . wel .. not very good people. That's putting it midly.

They are always harrassing me .. calling over and over , driving by my house, tracking me down on the internet.

I've had to change my phone number.
    I can't tell you how many times I've had to change to my email address.
    I've changed my MUA username once.

They once again found my username at mua and my email and have been leaving messages on my answering machine about how they found it.

My mom has been wanting me to change everything and use an alias online and not reveal ANY identifying information about myself , only to people Ive known for a long time.

But everytime I change email/usernames I don't do that part. Do you think I should? I might feel like I was lying, you know?

Or .. what would you do in this situation?

Between situation and response, there is always space to consider and choose. The response dictates the outcome of the situation. If the outsome is not ideal, something could've gone wrong with your response. Choose your response wisely.

Comment

I would just change my numbers and pretend I ever knew them if it really gets unbearable, depending on what you deem truly unbearable.

Hope alls well ends well for you dear

Comment

Actually I do not take it as lying if you do not divulge any information about your identity. I don't think you are compiled to do so. Anyway, if you are determined to stay away from them, you just have to be firm about it. Do as you deem fit. All the best

Comment

You could try recording emails and voice messages from those people and make a police report.

Comment

Why don't you try telling them to stop bothering you?

Comment

Originally posted by Vonnie
              Actually I do not take it as lying if you do not divulge any information about your identity. I don't think you are compiled to do so. Anyway, if you are determined to stay away from them, you just have to be firm about it. Do as you deem fit. All the best
              I agree with Vonnie. Hope the situation gets better. They sure sound persistent.

Comment

i think it is ok to use alias... and not divulging about your identification. don't think of it as lying, it is just to protect your own privacy especially when you have weird friends.

Comment

To answer all of your questions and responses

Between situation and response, there is always space to consider and choose. The response dictates the outcome of the situation. If the outsome is not ideal, something could've gone wrong with your response. Choose your response wisely.
                  I stop responding to them a long time ago, but yet they still bother me.

Why don't you try telling them to stop bothering you?
                  I have many times.

think it is ok to use alias... and not divulging about your identification. don't think of it as lying, it is just to protect your own privacy especially when you have weird friends.
                  I'm thinking about using an alias online ~ my family thinks it's the best thing to do.

I would have to change usernames and emails and stuff ~ it's rather bothersome, but it could be worth it. But if i changed my mua username again, i would have to ask everyone to delete the tokens on my current account and leave them on the new one. And yeah, that could be annoying to a person. :roll:

Comment

Originally posted by misslipgloss
                    But if i changed my mua username again, i would have to ask everyone to delete the tokens on my current account and leave them on the new one. And yeah, that could be annoying to a person. :roll:
                    What about seeking help from the moderator? Explain your situation, proof that you are a genuine case and see if the takens can be "transfered" to your new userid? May be difficult to achieve such coordination, but I would think it is worth a try?

Comment

Thanks for the idea!
                      I shall do that. But for the moment, I changed my email address in my profile on mua and i'm unable to log in at all! So frustrating

Comment

Thanks for the idea!
                        I shall do that. But for the moment, I changed my email address in my profile on mua and i'm unable to log in at all! So frustrating
                        I think for MUA after changing your email, you have to wait for them to send you a confirmation e-mail and you have to access MUA based on the link they send you to re-activate the account. Have you done that?

Comment

I never got the link ...
                          And I changed my email address HOURS ago.

Comment

I never got the link ...
                            Either be patient and wait (the first time I registered with them it took quite long for them to e-mail me also), or try changing again. You can type in the same thing, it is just to force the system to think it is a resubmission and to do something.

Comment

I never got the link ...
                              I think there's a problem with the paging/emailing system on MUA now. I sent a swap request to someone this morning and like all previous times, I'll forward a copy of the request to myself. That copy hasn't come in until now.

Comment

Working...
                              X