Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• barbiegirl
    replied
    I wonder if it is harder to make true friends as we are growing up or is it that we are more careful with our choices of friends when we are growing up? I had a few female friends who used to be close to me but things drifted apart due to several reasons. There are times when I wish I had a few buddies girlies to go shopping with, gossip and have fun together but it seems to me that it is harder now as our friendship are no longer the same. The new friends I made are mostly my colleagues whom you can't share your inner thoughts with ( had few bad experiences).

Leave a comment:

• LadySilver
    replied
    if you don't wish to contact them, or them to harass you. maybe you should make things clear to them and be firm.

Leave a comment:

• RAINIESEASON
    replied
    and that's how to maintain a good friendship! Its so true of some parts.

Leave a comment:

• whitequeeniie
    replied
    Friendships

I ought to show everyone this, in either males or females.
    Although its from a girl-y website, this applies to all.

http://www.kotex.com.sg/girlfriends_01.asp
    http://www.kotex.com.sg/girlfriends_02.asp
    http://www.kotex.com.sg/girlfriends_03.asp

Leave a comment:

• carawong
    replied
    Originally posted by charlene_jia View Post
    it happened quite long ago and since then i never wished to talk to her much. it's like you being so true to the person yet she think otherwise and stabbed you at your back. really hurts. and the worst thing is i thought she understood what i was telling her. like i said, i was fooled by the mask on her. now, whatever she does turns me off, because i find that she's always so plastic. i realized that i had never know her at all..as in the real her.

now i think i m wasting my time talking about her.

Yes dear girl.. lets not talk about hypocrites anymore!
    As for your friend, I've only got 3 last words to say about her:

**** CHAR BOH!

Leave a comment:

• charlene_jia
    replied
    Originally posted by carawong View Post
    Refrain from commenting on her problems in future then.
    Some people are just like that you know? They want to rant and bitch about how bad/serious/upsetting their problems are but when someone offers a kind word or advice, they react violently to it.
    You didn't do wrongly as a friend, but if you really want to pursue this matter, just go up to her and say, I'm sorry if you misunderstood my intention. My apologies for extending my concerns when I thought you needed it."

And then just leave it. I guarantee you she'll have something to think about.
    it happened quite long ago and since then i never wished to talk to her much. it's like you being so true to the person yet she think otherwise and stabbed you at your back. really hurts. and the worst thing is i thought she understood what i was telling her. like i said, i was fooled by the mask on her. now, whatever she does turns me off, because i find that she's always so plastic. i realized that i had never know her at all..as in the real her.

now i think i m wasting my time talking about her.

Leave a comment:

• carawong
    replied
    Originally posted by charlene_jia View Post
    i m not wrong by saying when you are with your close friends you can say everything you want and share your thoughts and opinions of different things right?

i had a friend whom i thought we can be very close. she told me some problems that she's facing and i fed her with my point of views and yet she told another friend of ours that i had some bad intentions when i was talking to her. i know my words of advise might not sound very nice but it's the fact. i mean, if you are someone close to me, you won't say all the nice stuff and put a mask in front of me right? my good intention gone bad..and now i don't know what to say to her and don't even feel like talking to her. the worst thing is i have to see her everyday (we work in the same company)

Refrain from commenting on her problems in future then.
    Some people are just like that you know? They want to rant and bitch about how bad/serious/upsetting their problems are but when someone offers a kind word or advice, they react violently to it.
    You didn't do wrongly as a friend, but if you really want to pursue this matter, just go up to her and say, I'm sorry if you misunderstood my intention. My apologies for extending my concerns when I thought you needed it."

And then just leave it. I guarantee you she'll have something to think about.

Leave a comment:

• charlene_jia
    replied
    i m not wrong by saying when you are with your close friends you can say everything you want and share your thoughts and opinions of different things right?

i had a friend whom i thought we can be very close. she told me some problems that she's facing and i fed her with my point of views and yet she told another friend of ours that i had some bad intentions when i was talking to her. i know my words of advise might not sound very nice but it's the fact. i mean, if you are someone close to me, you won't say all the nice stuff and put a mask in front of me right? my good intention gone bad..and now i don't know what to say to her and don't even feel like talking to her. the worst thing is i have to see her everyday (we work in the same company)

Leave a comment:

• Andre-
    replied
    Haha wow so I guess there is nothing wrong with me !!!

Because I have this great group of colleagues whom I can just chat with about anything under the sun , whereas another group of friends whom I know for so long , when we meet each other , I find myself looking around anxiously for some topic to talk about =x

Leave a comment:

• carawong
    replied
    The closest thing to love at first sight i guess!

Leave a comment:

• prettyeagle
    replied
    Originally posted by Andre- View Post
    Have you guys encountered cases whereby you can like just feel so comfortable with someone you just knew and yet can relate to , compared to a friend you known for years ?
    There was this guy I know, we've only met for a day and by the end of the day I found myself relating my life story to him and vice versa despite the fact that we are still strangers to one another.

We remain very good friends to this day and date

Leave a comment:

• nailsluver
    replied
    Originally posted by carawong View Post
    Yeah my ex!
    He was like a soul mate to me so breaking up him was like wisdom tooth pulling- period pain- death of dog- blister on leg TIME 10 painful
    Sounds someone like my current boyfriend. Before we got together, we always chat on the phone just like with my girlfriends. I even thought that he's gay because we click so well together.

I understand how u feel coz we broke up once for 1.5 years after 2 yrs. Really hurts alot, coz he was both a friend and a boyfriend. (plus shopping friend, counsellor)

Leave a comment:

• carawong
    replied
    Have you guys encountered cases whereby you can like just feel so comfortable with someone you just knew and yet can relate to , compared to a friend you known for years ?

Yeah my ex!
    He was like a soul mate to me so breaking up him was like wisdom tooth pulling- period pain- death of dog- blister on leg TIME 10 painful

Leave a comment:

• lurvee
    replied
    yes yes, i've experienced that for myself too. I think its the sincerity in the friendship that counts, and maybe also whether the both of you can click.

Leave a comment:

• smurfs
    replied
    Why not? These are the wonders in life.
    It doesn't matter how long we've known each other,its how well we click thats most important for the friendship to last.
    Id rather get to know someone sincere about our friendship than someone i've known for decades yet still seems so fake and distant towards our friendship.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X