Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trying To Conceive (TTC)

Hi ladies

I thought I'd start a thread to share experiences of TTC. We can also give each other support during this time. :preggie:

Hi septembre ,
    yes, I'm TTC now, seems so hard...
    so disappointing everytime my menses come.

Comment

Oh hi Carol! :wave:

Glad you replied! Was about to think no one will respond.

How many cycles have you tried? Last month was my first. I was so disappointed too when my period came last this week. Hopefully i don't have to try so many times.

Comment

Septembre, is your cycle very accurate (i.e. every 28 days)? If so, then it's prb easier to gauge when you are most fertile. Mine was pretty accurate so I tried a week after my period. Hehe, try to do everyday during the fertile week :p

Anyway, one month of trying may be too soon. Keep trying and good luck!

Comment

Hi mogmick

No mine is about 28-35 days. I'm gonna try that for for 2nd cycle. One week after my period ends, i'll babydance. So I think for my case, I'll have to babydance longer since the longest for mine is 35 right.

I didn't know we have to work so hard. Time ovulation etc. Those that hit the jackpot at first try is so lucky! No wonder people keep saying it's better to try early. How many times did you try?

Is that your baby at your avatar?

Comment

good luck to all TTC.
            this is for you

Comment

let nature takes its course.....

don't do it for the sake of doing it... you'll be too stressed and pressured like that

Relax and enjoy "IT"

You can also seek for professional help if needed from

Good luck

Comment

Septembre, yap, that's my girl in the avatar

It was difficult for me to just let nature take its course as my hubby is ALWAYS travelling. So I really had to time it right and as he's only home during the weekends, I "made" it happen during fertile period :p.

In a way, I'm lucky as my cycle was very "chun chun" at 28-30 days. Given my age (33) and the scarcity of hubby (!!), I count myself fortunate to conceive my girl after about 2-3 tries.

Comment

THanks Chkbi for the wellwishes.

I do agree we have to relax and not stress out about it.
                  I thought i'd leave it up to nature when I first started until I read about how some people take more than 1 year to try. I am 30 going 31 this year. So I thought I better do my homework and have more control. At least when 6 months down the road if nothing happens, I know where to go and not waste more time.

The agonising part was the week when period is nearing. The enticipation was killing me. I look at the calender everyday! This month I tell myself ok have to plan something exciting to do to keep my mind off. Can't wait for my period to be over to start again.

mogmick your baby looks mix! Big eyes and curly hair ya?

Comment

another one TTC checking in... lets all get :preggie: soooonnn !!!

Comment

Just to share this website with you in case you do not know abt it.

www.babycenter.com

It helps to calculate your fertile period & the approximate date you'll give birth if you conceive during the period.

Comment

hello ladies...

I found a menstrual tracking software which also calculates your fertility period.

For mummies who are breastfeeding... you can also record info on your lactation <- that's what described.

Free to try for 50 days. Click link below:

http://www.iomx.com/download/free-ca...s-calendar.htm

Good luck & have fun!

Oh Added: Just found the site I used to visit to keep online record of mens cycle, register as a Basic user is FOC. Link below:
                        http://www.cyclespage.com/
                        Last edited by GG; 08-01-2005, 11:32 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by mogmick
                          It was difficult for me to just let nature take its course as my hubby is ALWAYS travelling. So I really had to time it right and as he's only home during the weekends, I "made" it happen during fertile period :p.

In a way, I'm lucky as my cycle was very "chun chun" at 28-30 days. Given my age (33) and the scarcity of hubby (!!), I count myself fortunate to conceive my girl after about 2-3 tries.
                          Hey, Mogmick and I have some things in common. Two years before I conceived my dear daughter, the thought of having children was on our minds but we couldn't make it happen as hubby was simply too busy, too tired

Finally, we decided to really put our mind into it. We prayed (we are christians) and try hard, within my second month it was a SUCCESS!!!!

God was kind to me and I did my "homework" too. I made use of http://www.fertilityfriend.com to plot my chart (temperature, cervical fluid etc). I could also make use of the site to read others' success story and view their chart (it was really helpful). I became very aware of my ovulation and kinda knew when would be good to "make our baby".

Really hope to hear some good news from this thread. All the best ladies!!!
                          Last edited by naughtygirl; 09-01-2005, 07:50 AM.

Comment

I have a few questions:

Before deciding to TTC, do you take folic acid? Do you go for pre-natal checkup?

I'm taking of taking folic acid before conceiving. I saw Anmum milk powder also suitable to take before pregnancy. Not sure whether to take the tablet or the powder is better.

I want to do a check up but not sure where to do such checkup.

Comment

It's advisable to start taking folic acid just in case you hit the jackpot That's the most important supplement that the baby needs in the initial weeks.

No need for pre-natal checkups if you've been going for regular pap smears. Unless you suspect that either party has a problem after a few months TTC, save the money first.

Good luck!

Comment

Working...
                              X