England > London

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hey Artichoke,

Thanks for the offer! He is ok. We got spare SIM, just that he has no handphone and too lazy to get one. Sighhhh...Seems like it is getting common these few months.

I hear different things about Ealing. Acton seems fine, but the crime rate is pretty high as well. I have been to chickswick high areas, and quite liked it. It really depends on the exact location, I guess.

From my personal experience, I would avoid areas with lots of blacks or other darker shades They DO discriminate against you, sometimes.

But I do advise girls to be very careful, especially when you need to do "house share". Note that the rooms in London mostly dont have their own locks. I think some people did not even notice this when they view room. It is not easy to get landlords to install for you, both a cultural thing, and also because 1 lock easily cost ?100 pounds to install.

Having said all that, London is a FUN place to be.

Comment

• Hi, are there any websites that i can go check out if i wish to take some media/arts related courses when i'm there in late Oct?

Comment

• is there any good japanese eateries in london?

thanks

Comment

• Kulu Kulu in Piccadilly Circus is pretty nice.
          http://www.london-eating.co.uk/1661.htm

A set meal is about ?7 and it's a full set with miso soup, drink, main, tofu and the vege. Cheap and good. There is a Japan Centre in Piccadilly too so you can pop in and buy some Jap food in there.

Comment

• thank you.

do you have any other places/suggestions for reasonable priced eateries?

Comment

• Thai Silk outside of waterloo station, i would go there for makan before shows or on trips back from paris on the eurostar.

also, i like the chinese restaurants and eateries near Leceister Square tube station. There's one particular one that serves bubble tea, that's right on the main road, but i can't remember what the name was. Oh, and Liason is good for a reasonably priced dinner, that's near Leceister Sq tube too.

Comment

• I will be travelling to London this sunday and until today I still cannot manage to grab hold of any info what I can do there at night because it looks like shopping are mostly not open on Sunday or they close early at 6pm. Anyone has any idea what I can do or where I can go on a Sunday after 6pm???

CAn anyone advise me what to do and where i can go on a sunday after 6pm in london???

Comment

• Originally posted by kwanwei
                  CAn anyone advise me what to do and where i can go on a sunday after 6pm in london???
                  Whay sort of activities do you want to do?Shopping?I think most shops close around 8pm IIRC.If you would like to experience night life,covent garden,leicester square,picadilly circus are rather lively at night.

Comment

• Originally posted by kwanwei
                    I will be travelling to London this sunday and until today I still cannot manage to grab hold of any info what I can do there at night because it looks like shopping are mostly not open on Sunday or they close early at 6pm. Anyone has any idea what I can do or where I can go on a Sunday after 6pm???
                    Well you can go out for dinner, or to a play/musical or to any number of clubs (if you like that). I usually would do a play/musical

HTH

Comment

• Need Help for my london trip

hey thanks for the reply, because i will be reaching on a sunday afternoon, by the time i check out of the airport and check in to my hotel i suppose it would be around evening. And i am not sure what i can do or where is still open on sunday evening

so you guys are saying that there will still be night activities available in covent garden,leicester square,picadilly circus??

actually my plan is to visit Kesington but i am not sure if it will still be open by the time i get there. Anyway i wanted to watch Les miserables but it is not playing on sunday evening

Comment

• http://www.londontown.com/LondonEven...ventsearch.php

Sunday nights are for drinking!
                        It's hard to find things to do on a Sunday night. I think, walking along Thames at the South Bank is nice. You can walk from St Pauls Catherdral, cross Milennium Bridge to Tate Modern, turn right and straight all the way to Jubilee Gardens to see London Eye and across Westminster Bridge to see the Palace of Westminster and Westminster Abbey. By then, it should take up about an hour plus and you can take the tube from Westminster home.

If that's still not enough for you, walk to Tralfagar Square and from there you can easily walk to Covent Garden (which is pretty dead by then) or Piccadilly Circus.

Have fun!

Comment

• Does anyone know if there's Chinese supermarket in Ealing area?

TIA!

Comment

• Originally posted by nutty
                            is there any good japanese eateries in london?

thanks
                            ramen taro is heavenly. the ramen is , definitely must-try!
                            http://www.london-eating.co.uk/3125.htm

Comment

• I have not tried it, but I heard Misato in Chinatown is really worth the queue from foodie friends.

Same street as wong kei.

Comment

• Originally posted by traveler
                                I have not tried it, but I heard Misato in Chinatown is really worth the queue from foodie friends.

Same street as wong kei.
                                Misato is good! It's one of the better student haunts for cheap Jap food. It's nearer the Leicester Sq station IIRC. The curry rice is (esp the katsu set!) and cheap, about 7-8pounds for a HUGE portion! But if you've very posh discerning tastebuds, you definitely won't care for it. It's mostly crowded cos the food is reasonable and value for money. Must also try the Capico drink - it's like Yakult (which costs a bomb in the UK, btw) but less sweet. (but I found out you can get Capico at Japanese supermarkets in SG too)

Comment

Working...
                                X