Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stretchmark cream and Nipple Cream

Hi all...

I'm wondering when do i ned to start using stretchmark cream and nipple cream??? Do you all have any recommendation???

nipple cream is for sore nipples when the baby is not latching properly. I don't think there is any need to use if before the baby is here

as for stretchmark cream. I used a normal moisturizer and not special ones that are way overpriced. I use those that help to improve elasticity of the skin, and my hubby applied for me religiously every night. I think it worked, because I hardly got any stretchmarks.

I say hardly because there is this spot below the tummy that he routinely misses, and there were some faint stretchmarks there after i delivered. nevertheless, the rest of the tummy still nice and smooth

Comment

Like what Crystal have mention you only need to apply nipple cream when your nipple is sore or crack.
      As for stretchmark cream, i start applying once i know i am pregant at 5 week , i use the cream that my gynea has recommend ( my colleague say when she pregant her gynea ( different gynea) also recommened her the same cream) on top of this i also use Clarins Treatment Oil but i only start using the oil after 20 week . My gynea say i dont have stretchmark at all, and my colleagues say so too

Comment

stretchmarks cream - i used the clarins oil from 6 weeks on butt, thighs, breasts, tummy and back of the waist.

nipple cream - used lanolin from 34 weeks to moisturise nipples, so hopefully they won't crack when i start bf.

Comment

thks moo, summerday & crystal...

hi summerday,
          what is the brand of the cream that your gynae recommend?? where can i get it??

regarding the clarin oil is it very oily?? i dun really like very oily stuff on my body coz i can't fall asleep...

Comment

I don't use nipple cream, basically if you have cracked nipple, just squeeze out a bit of milk and air-dry it. It will works as milk has anti-bacteria agents and the nipple will healed fast. I like this instead of nipple cream as baby will swallow the cream if you breastfeed.

For stretchmark cream, I use bodyshop's shea/cocoa butter cream since 3rd months. Cocoa/shea butter is very very good to prevent stretchmark. I had two prenancies and have hardly any stretchmark.

Comment

I applied stretchmark cream religiously when I was about 4 months pregnant but I still got heaps of stretchmarks Maybe it's because I didn't have a toned tummy to begin with and my tummy was quite big when I was preggie

Anyway, I used Clarins Treatment Oil and Biotherm Stretchmark prevention cream.

And now 6 months after I delivered, the stretchmarks are still visible though no as red as before. When will they eventually fade to silverish streaks huh?

Comment

Originally posted by SummerDay
                As for stretchmark cream, i start applying once i know i am pregant at 5 week , i use the cream that my gynea has recommend ( my colleague say when she pregant her gynea ( different gynea) also recommened her the same cream)
                hi SummerDay, may I know what is the name/brand of this stretchmark cream that your gynea recommended ? thanks in advance !

Comment

Originally posted by Ariel
                  I applied stretchmark cream religiously when I was about 4 months pregnant but I still got heaps of stretchmarks Maybe it's because I didn't have a toned tummy to begin with and my tummy was quite big when I was preggie
                  Ariel,
                  I don't think it's to do with a toned tummy. I know mine wasn't I think it's just that my tummy only started expanding quickly from 5 months onwards. I also started with moisturizer about 4 mths. Probably starting before the tummy started growing quickly is the key to avoiding stretchmarks?

Comment

Mine too, crystal! My tummy didn't become big until I was about 6-7 months pregnant. Maybe it's to do with genetics because my mum has them too

Comment

I started applying the Clarins Tonic oil when my tummy was showing. But I didn't apply it everyday though, cos some nites I'll be too lazy to do that. Then after I gave birth, I was horrified to see my tummy turned flabby and saggy. So I bought Biotherm Celluli Choc and Abdo-Choc and applied each one on alternate nites after I showered. Within a month my tummy was back to pre-preggie state with no stretch marks etc. So I should think its the Biotherm that's working??

Comment

little lambie, post delivery flabby and saggy but without stretch marks right? the flabby and saggy-ness is probably due to the sudden deflation of the tummy
                        if there were stretch marks you should have seen dark purplish lines like super obvious veins. these will eventually fade to a silverish colour.

Biotherm sounds good though... I still have a tummy that I can't get rid off although I'm back to pre-preg weight. Did you exercise too or just applied the product?

Comment

I bought the Biotherm Abdo-Choc too but am too lazy to apply it every day. Sometimes I forget too Should really do it soon because my tummy is still big

Comment

Errrr, I don't have any stretch marks but the saggy tummy after birth was awful!! I think the Biotherm thingy really works. It states in the leaflet that it has to be appiled twice daily, but I only bothered to apply every night after I showered. And no, I didn't do any exercise cos I simply HATED excercising. The only thing I did was doing 15mins or 500 rounds of non-stop hola-hoop every night in front of the TV for the first two months......

I think for stretch marks, best to use a rich moisturiser or the Clarins Tonic Oil?

Comment

Originally posted by Carebe
                              thks moo, summerday & crystal...

hi summerday,
                              what is the brand of the cream that your gynae recommend?? where can i get it??

regarding the clarin oil is it very oily?? i dun really like very oily stuff on my body coz i can't fall asleep...
                              Cant really remember the brand, its call the Topi-cream. It is in a white tupe with pink colour wording. i have search around during my pregancy but to no valid think can only get from gynea cos my colleague also get it from her gynea. The cream cost around 35 - 29 before gst, the price variance from gynea. If you are interest to get one, you can PM me, i can get it and mail to you.

Hm..... it not very oily and after sometime the oil will be absord by the body. Oohs and the oil have a nice smell if you like it

Comment

Working...
                              X