No announcement yet.

USA > New York City

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• anyway sometimes there's long queues everywhere might not necessarily mean that tourists are starting to come into the city, but rather, the good weather make new yorkers want to get out more.

Comment

• anyone knows the exact location of the flea market at Hell's Kitchen, supposingly near Times Sq?? if i'm not wrong, it's only open during the weekends right? Would appreciate if someone can guide me how to get there via the subway/bus. Thanks!!!

Comment

• Hi all,
        I traveled to North America on Dec 30 2000 with my hubby. It was winter and very cold, but I saw lots of snow and I love snow ! Niagara Falls is especially spectacular with all that snow and ice. Check out my blog here.

http://myamericanwinter.blogspot.com/

We were traveling free and easy.

Comment

• Originally posted by delirious View Post
          anyone knows the exact location of the flea market at Hell's Kitchen, supposingly near Times Sq?? if i'm not wrong, it's only open during the weekends right? Would appreciate if someone can guide me how to get there via the subway/bus. Thanks!!!
          http://www.hellskitchenfleamarket.co...rket/index.php

the blue train runs on the west side (east side runs from middle of 5th ave all the way to 1st ave) and its the west-est train you can take. there might be a stop on 42nd st. you can check the subway's map on mta's website.

Comment

• Hi. I'm planning a trip around east coast USA, and of course, I'd want to go to Woodbury. But I've heard that its too overwhelming to be covered in a day, so I Might be considering booking a room nearby for the night. Does anyone have any recommendations? TIA!

Comment

• seriously, i dont think it's worth spending so much time at the outlet. plan the to leave early and get back late. then you wont waste too much time at the outlet and little time exploring the city. but any chain inns shouldn't be too bad.

Comment

• Originally posted by tamarind View Post
                Hi all,
                I traveled to North America on Dec 30 2000 with my hubby. It was winter and very cold, but I saw lots of snow and I love snow ! Niagara Falls is especially spectacular with all that snow and ice. Check out my blog here.

http://myamericanwinter.blogspot.com/

We were traveling free and easy.
                I wanna go to.

Very Very nice, Lucky you

Comment

• hi ladies.. im planning a short trip to nyc.. is it really much cheaper to shop for branded bags etc there?

for those who hv been to woodbury outlet. how cheap is it?

and can we take the public bus to the outlet instead of the private coach buses.

thanks..

Comment

• yes, many branded bags are much cheaper there but not all of them are available in outlets. typical favourites will be gucci & coach. however, coach at outlet malls will only carry designs from 1 yr ago.

brands like guess (if you consider this as branded) are very very much cheaper, plus you get more designs too... but be sure to visit the guess at the outlet more, it can be almost 1st the price of what you can find in town (then again, u get older designs)

it depends on wch outlet mall you are looking at... usually they are reachable by subway/bus or a combi... you got to look up the outlet mall you want to go.

Also, you might want to go to an outlet mall in Jersey instead of in NYC cos of the difference in tax and it can make quite abit of difference if you are going to spend in the thousands.

Comment

• I'm going New York during X'mas period.
                      Anyone able to recommend any hotel at NYC, Washington DC?

Thanks you in advance

Comment

• I will be in NY during that period too! Actually from 27 to 3rd, 25 to 26, we will be skiing and will be staying at Catskill

The hotel rates during Xmas is atrocious! We have to stay in hostel...

Comment

• Originally posted by hellbabe View Post
                          hi ladies.. im planning a short trip to nyc.. is it really much cheaper to shop for branded bags etc there?

for those who hv been to woodbury outlet. how cheap is it?

and can we take the public bus to the outlet instead of the private coach buses.

thanks..
                          order from eluxury.com. it was tax free and i'm sure if it still is. plus, get it when they offer free shipping. that way it's cheaper than what you'll get in the store.

for trips to the outlet, i'm not sure if greyhound is a private/public company. i wuould think it's private but i dont think there's any "public bus" that takes you all the way up. greyhound charges about $38.

Comment

• tax in jersey is 7.5% while in some places(not sure where though) is tax free. in NY shoes are tax-free for $100 or less, clothes are 4.5% i think and everything else is 8.725%.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tartine View Post
                              I'm going New York during X'mas period.
                              Anyone able to recommend any hotel at NYC, Washington DC?

Thanks you in advance
                              wow xmas is so exciting! you gonna stay through new year's too?
                              it depends on where you wanna hang out the most. but touristy places like times square will always be crazy crowded. you could check out tripadvisor.com for recommendations of hotels with good service. even certain 4-5* hotels' services can suck too.

Comment

• clothing will only be taxable if you spend above US$100 (or US$110 - can't remember) in a receipt
                                so plan your shopping accordingly

i remember there is a bus to go to woodbury
                                but i would suggest you to drive
                                is about 2 hr drive. go early in the morning.
                                It's a fantastic place

and dont forget to go to Carnegie's Cafe
                                the Cheesecake is to die for!!!
                                1 big piece for about $10, but the best i have ever tasted
                                my friend said Cheesecake factory is nothing compared to this one

Hotel is expensive in NYC, even when it's off-peak season.
                                I stayed in comfort inn near JFK for about $180 per nite
                                not too bad, quite comfortable
                                so yes, it's expensive just for a 3-star faraway from manhattan.

if u wanna go for any play, book early!
                                i didn't get a chance to watch one play that i wanted so much as it's sold out
                                most play will be sold out nearing the day itself
                                For a cheaper price ticket, you can try a booth at Marriott hotel (in Times Square).
                                you can buy cheap ticket on the day itself, of course it is not applicable to popular ones, as those plays will be sold out beforehand

Try Rice and Riches (rice pudding) in Soho
                                nice! not sticky at all and filling!

Bubba Gump in times square is another place to dine in
                                the waitresses are very friendly and food are delicious

i miss NY

Comment

Working...
                                X