• Show
Clear All

• SIM Students / Degree

Hie all,
    I'm looking for SIM students..

Need to ask for some advice.

my bf is

Comment

Hi I am SIM-Uol student..need any information abt SIM?

Comment

hi Adeline. please do an intro at CozyBabes. leave your mark there and we can all say hi. just a short intro will do.

Comment

I'm from SIM too...

starting my RMIT 2nd yr degree next jan.

Comment

I am from SIM open U

Comment

I am a SIM - UOL student....

Comment

i'm frm sim-rmit

Comment

Hi..i am now currently studyin dip in management studies in SIM, grad soon next yr march, but heard that the dip in SIM is not very recognise rite? I dunno shl i cont study degree as its really pricy ( my dip is already 8k+). I got frends who grad from degree from SIM but cant get a job or the job pay them really low salary like dip. Any advise?

Comment

Me too....erm just that am graduating soon...RMIT!

Comment

SIM RMIT. Part time

Comment

Hi..i'm from SIM UOL...grad last year most of my friends from SIM are working or can find job rather easily

Personally i feel that the dip from the local poly are more recognise. I advise that u *** continue to do the degree. Do it part time if u can't afford it full time.

What kind of job did your friend look for? As low as Dip pay for grads? U mean ard $1.3k? Most of my friends got $1.6k & above...some are over $2K. I guess all depends on ur luck, grades & ur performance during the interviews...some pple may have a fantastic resume but failed badly at the interviews cos they can't speak well so dun come across as impressive as other candidates.

Comment

Hi..she was offered a job for only 1500, she hope to find a job at least 1800.

Anyway for those studying in SIM Degree, was it really hard to manage and are all the lecturer foreigners? Are they strict as in cannot be late and whenever he/she ask u a question, u must ans if even u dunno.

Comment

Huh...$1500 is pathetic. U mean she only got one interview? Frankly speaking..it's quite tough to find a job during yr end cos every1 wana get their bonus so no1 will quit ard this time so between Oct to Dec it's not easy to find work. Anyway the new yr is approaching. Hope ur friend will have better luck. What kinda of job did she apply. If she dun mind shift work & enjoy customer service, she can apply to work in the call centre is banks...kinda boring but pay quite well...usually over $2k for fresh grads & some pay according to ur class of honours so work hard if u are doing ur degree will aid u to get better pay & more interview opportunities so u can pick & chose the right company

Some of the lecturers will be irritated if students are late but some can't be bothered. Usually the PT classes are more relax cos most are working adults & they rush from their work place so the lecturers understand that some students might be quite late for their classes. But if u intend to do it full time, i dun tik this *** be a concern. You are a perpetual late comer? Hee...better kick the habit cos when u start working some bosses are very strict about punctuality.

So far....all the lecturers who taught me are local...most of them are quite okie except for 1 or 2 black sheeps. Anyway, tiertiary education is quite independent. If u work hard, i'm sure u'll do well....dun depend on the teacher to spoon feed u

Comment

hi..thanks for ur advise! Hee.. What course do u take? My frend i not very sure wad job she apply didnt ask her. Hmm..think i shl cont my studies at degree mayb part time since the fees is so high. When working, did the employer see your grades also? because my grades are average. I thought of taking degree in marketing.

Comment

Working...
                              X