Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone had natural birth without epidural?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ShoppingQueenie View Post
    Me too! I am surprised that I can make it for my delivery without epi. Only like less than 1 hour gas, that's it! Till now, I am still very amazed by my determination. Now to think about going for 2nd labor still send a shiver to me Don't know why
    haha same here!! i duno why must i feel scared for 2nd time, not preggy again, but i just feel scared if goin to labour for 2nd time! am i crazy or ***?

Comment

me too!!! was in labour pain for 10+hrs and went thru the whole process WITHOUT epi... i think i was brave enough to withstand the DAMN painful process... +clap+

Comment

wow! i really salute to you mummies!!!

i took epidural, i cannot tahan pain one... haha.

Comment

i had natural birth without epidural. it was ouch ouch ouch, but i was surprised i survived it.

I even had time to roll my eyes/read my smses when in between the excruciating pain. i would say it is all in the mind... and by the time it is too painful, it is a matter or boh-bian-ness. hahaha

Comment

No epi for me when i deliver my 2 kids.... cause i m more afraid of the needle.... anyways my labours (12 hrs & 10 Hrs) were kinda long but i survived. but my fingers hurt for weeks cause i was grabbing on to the bed rails too tightly during contractions. shivering like hell after birth too...... anyways i forgot all abt it a few hours after that. My 1st is natural, 2nd emergency c sec, 3rd natural agn.... but the 3rd baby really hurt like hell as i cant push too hard incase i burst my c sec wounds so i can feel the gyne hands went in to pull my bb out. Gosh! i almost knock out... (eye black out for 30 sec).
            No more babies agn. I guess i oreadi d my part for the nation. completed national service, so ROD now...

Comment

how far apart were your 2nd and 3rd deliveries that you worried about bursting the csec part?
              Last edited by happybean; 23-08-2008, 12:50 AM.

Comment

anyone in singapore have water delivery instead of normal delivery?

Comment

Happy Bean>>> mmmm good qns. my 2nd bb is 20mths now.. 3rd is only 2mths. oh my. i d not realise they were *** close.. hahahaa

Comment

Originally posted by Angelic Devil View Post
                    anyone in singapore have water delivery instead of normal delivery?
                    It seems that if you specially request for it at TMC or Mt A, they may allow it. NUH also has a special delivery suite for a water birth, http://www.nuh.com.sg/patientsVisito...ientStory1.htm. You can also do a water birth at home and only a handful of local docs will do it.
                    Last edited by sleek; 25-08-2008, 03:29 AM.

Comment

had epi for my first kid.. then i decided not to hv for my second one.. cos i felt nothing at all and could not even lift my legs up during my first labour! haha!

Comment

Priscilla>>> i d not do epi cause i m afraid of needles...lol.... but my sis d epi n she complained of backache.mmmm i wonder if other mothers had the same problem. anyways, i will not ve another, too much to handle ****. *** went n d IUCD. cost me a bomb but i guess its better *** way then to ve an unplanned pregnancy.

Comment

I wish not to do epidural and episotoy(spelling?) where they cut below.. Im so afraid and terrified of needles and the experience.. Im someone who is not afraid of pain as much as the experience of going through the pain.. how is it possible if i can do without cutting below? Im so afraid that during labour i`ll need to cut.. its my only fear..

Comment

trust me, when they cut below, u won't even feel it at all(even without epidural, cos the contractions would have taken all the attention away seriously, post surgery, i didn't even feel any pain down there.

ONLY when the doc was injecting the LA(if you don't take epidural, u still have to go through this, cos it will either tear or be cut), she sew too fast, and I yelped, and joked it was more painful than the birth itself.

as for epidural and backache, I think the reason is when your back is numbed, u tend to overpush it and you might have strain it unknowingly(i over exerted when pushing without epidural, and it was ouchy!), but another down side is you will shiver like mad after epidural, my friend was shivering till she cried.

Comment

Originally posted by Scarlett T View Post
                              trust me, when they cut below, u won't even feel it at all(even without epidural, cos the contractions would have taken all the attention away seriously, post surgery, i didn't even feel any pain down there.

ONLY when the doc was injecting the LA(if you don't take epidural, u still have to go through this, cos it will either tear or be cut), she sew too fast, and I yelped, and joked it was more painful than the birth itself.

as for epidural and backache, I think the reason is when your back is numbed, u tend to overpush it and you might have strain it unknowingly(i over exerted when pushing without epidural, and it was ouchy!), but another down side is you will shiver like mad after epidural, my friend was shivering till she cried.
                              All i can think of is OUCH..! I heard of stories without cutting and tearing and i wish to go through those kinda labour.. What is the LA? Im so afraid of going through it.. im traumatised enough by the 2 days ago injection at the hospital as i was feeling very unwell and was rushed to A & E.

I just dont want to go through needles ever again if possible

Comment

Do anyone go thru labour without cutting below?
                                i *** it was a must. haha!

Comment

Working...
                                X