Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Recommend a Breast Pump

Hi girls,

Im looking at buying a breast pump, but not sure which one to get. Can experienced mums recommend one? I noticed that those electronic ones cost near to $200!! There are also the cheap ones that cost less than $100. Dont want to end up with one that is useless.

Thank in advance!

I have the Medela one .... it's the electric one .... I find that Medela is a very good brand ... mine is over 5 years old and it still works !!!

Comment

I'm using Medela too, also electric one for 4 yrs and for my 2 sons. At that time Medela is very popular and i think is the best among other brand, now im not too sure.

Comment

i bought medela too. pricey but it's lasting. most importantly, skip the single pumps and go straight for the dual. you are buying an electric to save time, its faster and somehow i find it more efficient in creating letdown when pumping both sides together.

Comment

I also have the medela pump in style which works great. usually you are done in about 15 to 20 mins. And very useful, also buy a hands free band! I don't have to hold the shields up and have both hands free! Check it out at:
          http://store.babycenter.com/product/...cessories/3747

I also tried the Whisper Wear hands free pump, supposedly the world's first hand free pump. It takes batteries and you wear them under your bra. It has it's own BM collection bags so essentially you are not tied to one place but can move around. Great concept yah?? Except it only works half the time so can get v. frustrating. But the good thing is when it does work, you can pump while doing house work!

Comment

So many of u having the medela pump. I will check it out at the departmental stores. Thanks a million, ladies!

Comment

Hi elly,

My friend who breastfeed her 2 children recommend Avent manual pump. She prefers the manual pump cos she says the electric pump can be quite slow. She is a working mum so she pumps out milk in the office during lunch hour. A manual pump will be better cos it does not require power supply.

HTH!

Comment

i am using Medela... Electric pump... very useful.... i love it very much....

Comment

Hihi ladies,
                  roughly how much does the medela electric pump costs? will also check out advent ones

Comment

My hubby bought mine in the U.S. for USD 250, which is about SGD 396. Curious to know how much is it in Singapore.

Comment

I am a faithful user of Ameda Dual pump. Very good. Very quiet... I can pump while baby sleep cos very quiet. I have medela pump before and comparing the 2, medela is very nosiy. As my medela is a single pump, I find it not so productive... when let down comes, I can only capture one side of breast for milk. THerefore I bought the Ameda Dual pump... very good.

Comment

I use medela electric single pump when I was breastfeeding my bb. Fairly easy to use and pretty good. Only down side is, its kinda noisy.. I always need to cover it with a towel so as not to wake my BB up.. haha

Comment

with regards to the manual avent pump.

pros of avent pump - silent, more discreet.

cons - i think it depends on the person. i couldn't get a letdown with this pump! in the end had to resort to manual express before i finally got my electric pump. the stimulation for letdown is slightly different so i guess different people respond to it differently. if you can't get letdown, you will end up pumping like crazy (very tired arms) just to get the same amount of milk. so in a way it's not true that no power is needed

Comment

for electric, medela (to stimulte the milk flow)

for manual, avent (use only when yr flow is here.. steady flow.. otherwise hand ache! can press and hold during let down.. super fast!)

these are the 2 pumps that i use throughout my 1 yr of breastfeeding!

Comment

remember to massage before u startr expressing milk.. drink one glass of water before and after u express

Comment

Working...
                              X