Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best japanese curry

hi all...
    Any recommendation of japanses curry rice?

It's probably not the best but I like the one found at the basement of Liang Court, where the Meidi-Ya supermarket is.

Comment

The restaurant, Curry Favour, located along Stamford Road (near the old national library, next to 'Magic Wok') serves pretty good Japanese curry! The tonkatsu is good (deliciously crispy!), and is recommended. My only gripe is, it's rather expensive for Japanese curry!

Comment

At Raffles City Shopping Center Basement, there's a Japanese restaurant serve rather nice curry rice

Comment

Candice: Is tonkatsu the pork cutlet with cheese? If it's that then I've tried it before and I would say it's
          definitely agreed with you that it sure is pretty expensive.

Comment

Originally posted by ShoppingQueenie
            At Raffles City Shopping Center Basement, there's a Japanese restaurant serve rather nice curry rice

hey! i tried that before...
            and yes its really nice...
            but i wanted to try other restaurants...

And how ex is the Curry Favour?

Comment

I like the chicket cutlet curry udon at Don Noodle Bistro. The chicken cutlet is crispy and not soggy.

Comment

hmm..i tried taka b2 japanese restaurant..not bad also..
                cook your own curry..buy the instant curry and you can add whatever ingredient you want..
                Last edited by cheria; 08-05-2005, 02:20 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by cheria
                  hmm..i tried taka b2 japanese restaurant..not bad also..
                  cook your own curry ***..buy the instant curry and you can add whatever ingredient you want..

hi girl i tried that before...
                  ya its really nice...

but i want to find a place that serve best japanese curry...
                  cos i want to bring my special someone there...

Comment

since it's for your special one..think its best to cook yourselve..
                    that will be so sweet...and it's really very simple..cause im lousy at cooking..i only spend like 20mins..haha just add water, potato, carrot and chicken meat and the curry paste..

haha and i lie to my parents and brother that i cook it myself..they actually believe and said it was very nice..cause they don't know there's ready made curry paste..

Comment

There is a Pokka affiliated one located at level 4 Taka serves decent proportions of japanese curry but the restaurant only serves tonkatsu styled curry and not the stewed type.

Even the Meidiya one pales in comparision. Plus you get free top ups of their shredded cabbage
                      Last edited by teiko; 08-05-2005, 02:07 PM.

Comment

Definitely Tonkichi for their tonkatsu curry!
                        CatLover,do try it at the Taka outlet. It's quite pricey but worth every penny. I'm sure your special someone will be very happy.

Tonkichi
                        No.391 Orchard Rd. #04-24 Takashimaya S.C Tower A Ngee Ann City
                        Business Hour:10:30~22:00
                        Tel:6735 7522

Comment

Originally posted by Candice
                          The restaurant, Curry Favour, located along Stamford Road (near the old national library, next to 'Magic Wok') serves pretty good Japanese curry! The tonkatsu is good (deliciously crispy!), and is recommended. My only gripe is, it's rather expensive for Japanese curry!
                          i read abt this place.. its supposedly quite nice, my sis tried it, she liked it!

Comment

the foodcourt at Great World City's basement has this japanese stall, the jap curry is yummy too!

Comment

Originally posted by pinkrevolver
                              Definitely Tonkichi for their tonkatsu curry!
                              CatLover,do try it at the Taka outlet. It's quite pricey but worth every penny. I'm sure your special someone will be very happy.

Tonkichi
                              No.391 Orchard Rd. #04-24 Takashimaya S.C Tower A Ngee Ann City
                              Business Hour:10:30~22:00
                              Tel:6735 7522

my SO brought me there to try the japanese curry quite some time back..
                              VERY DELICIOUS AND NICEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!
                              hehehe i guess he really made me very happy LOL

Comment

Working...
                              X