Baking and Recipes!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi wanching

whats the difference between the two recipes for butter cookies? I am looking for something that is soft and melts in the mouth kind. something like M&S's butter cookies.

Have u tried all the recipes that u shared with us?
    Last edited by Whiteveil; 05-08-2007, 09:18 PM.

Comment

• the 2nd recipe is slightly sweeter and its crunchier IMO...

Comment

• Hi Wangching 613, thanks for yr butter cookies recipes. I had tried it & the cookies turn out nice but lack crunchiness & nice fragance....where do you think i hv done wrong??

Comment

• any vanilla cupcake receipe?

Comment

• Anyone has cupcake receipe?

Comment

• Cooked glutinous rice flour

hi,
              Does anyone know where can i get cooked glutinous rice flour (Kao fun)?

Thanks.

Comment

• Phoon huat have it. Or if you have gluntious rice flour, just fry it and leave it to cool down then you can start using that as well.

Comment

• Anyone has recipe for Baked Doughnut?

Comment

• Originally posted by BubblyGal View Post
                    Phoon huat have it. Or if you have gluntious rice flour, just fry it and leave it to cool down then you can start using that as well.
                    Thanks BubblyGal

Comment

• Originally posted by Hiyashi View Post
                      Hi Wangching 613, thanks for yr butter cookies recipes. I had tried it & the cookies turn out nice but lack crunchiness & nice fragance....where do you think i hv done wrong??

i guess the crunchiness is due to the oven temperature and baking time...try baking it for a longer timing to make it more crunchy...as for the lacking in frangrance...i guess its due to the trype of butter and vanilla essence you are using...

Comment

• For those who want to try make home-made lontong

can try out this recipe if you girls want to make homemade lontong ( from food & travel mag)
                        I have yet to find a chance to try it yet.

Lontong( rice cake)
                        Make 8 rolls

21/2 cup rice, washed N drained
                        8 banana leaves ( 25cm by 25cm)

1. scald banana leaves in boiling water for 3 seconds.
                        so that they are soften and do not break easily. wipe dry.

2. roll up each leaf, dark green side up and secure one end with toothpick.

3. half filled each roll with rice. secure the other end.

4. place the rolls in a pan n cover with water. Bring to boil and cook over medium heat for 3 to 4hrs. Add more water if the water level gets too low.

5. when cooked, removed the rolls from the pan and let the rolls stand upright to drainm until completely cool, serve @ room tempt.

6. To serve, remove banana leaves and slice rice cakes with a wet knife.

Comment

• ( From food n Travel mag)

Sayur lodeh
                          ( Vegetables stew in spicy coconut milk)
                          Serve 4 - 5

1/2 cup oil
                          600g beancurd ( dou kwa), halved
                          1 onion, sliced
                          2 tbsp dried prawns, soaked, drained n chopped coarsely
                          1L thin coconut milk
                          1 pc dried tamarind peel ( optional)
                          300g bang kwang, skinned n cut into sticks
                          6 long beans, cut into sticks
                          150g carrot, sknned n cut into sticks
                          150g cabbage, cut into bite sized pieces
                          salt to taste
                          1 cup thick coconut milk

Ground into paste:

10g dried chilli, soaked till soften
                          20g shallot, peeled
                          5 cloves garlic, peeled
                          2 lemongrass ( use plump white ends only) thinnly slice
                          5 candle nuts
                          1 tbsp shrimp paste
                          a thumb sized knob of turmeric
                          a 2cm knob galangal

1. heat oil in a wok n deep fry beanurd. removed n leave a side.

2. stir fry ground paste in the same oil until fragrant and the oil separates.

3. Add onions and dried prawns. stir fry over low medium heart till onions starts to soften.

4. add thin coconut milk, in 3 batches and over low medium heat, stirring the broth well in between addition. Add dried tamarind peel, if using

5. add in all the veg and stir fry for 5min over low medium heat,

6. bring to gentle boil and add dou kwa. Lower heat and simmer for 10min.

7. season with salt and add thick coconut, stir for 3min.

Serve with lontong rice.

Comment

• any recommendations for me.. i am thinking of baking something for someone special. or rather. someone i fancy. ; )

Comment

• Hi, do anyone of u have new york cheesecake recipe? i need it urgently.. thanks !

Comment

• hey does anyone have a recipe for a fudge brownie? or something like that?

Comment

Working...
                                X