Cotters' SO/BF/HUSBAND serving NS/Regular for SAF/NAVY/AIRFORCE

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cotters' SO/BF/HUSBAND serving NS/Regular for SAF/NAVY/AIRFORCE

Halo Cotters, from the thread "WEEKEND WITH SO" it then give birth to this thread as suggested by some warmth cotters Let me starts the ball rolling...

My SO (I am with him from the day he went to PULUA (pardon for mis-spell)TEKONG for Basic Military Training-BMT then he graduated from Officer Cadet School-OCS till now he is making this his life time job!! ) and I developed quite a number of problems when he just started doing NS... he scare i will '"ditch" him LOL... Only able to communicate thru phones during weekdays for BMT... me miss him till cry over phones (i am a typical pisces that love to see SO everyday)... etc....

It is not easy to have SO/BF/HUSBAND with the military... We tend to see each other less (BMT/DUTY on weekends) and some problems may develop.... eg: Drink too much alcohol during a COHESION (dinners)... spending less time with each other especially for those cotters' SO who just started serving the nation (NS).

Wives of Regular are most welcome to share as i think stress-level for their love ones are much higher than NS men at times... Hope this thread can serve as a r/s problems Q&A or sharing advices for those I-am-considering-to-be-MILITARY-WIFE... hehe... Me one of them la.h

Please do allows this thread to stay!!
    Last edited by Princessy_Love; 19-10-2006, 05:35 AM. Reason: Typo & add-ons

SO doing duty this saturday.... i am alone since friends now all have bf/ overseas.... suggestions on what can i do over this weekends? hehe TIA
    Last edited by Princessy_Love; 19-10-2006, 06:00 PM.

Comment

I do not think if we merge this thread with ALL RELATIONSHIP WITN SO, BF it will be BEST as this thread can provide more specific advices since cotters can share specifically on problems face by NS men/regulars... like SO can't take MC from Officer .... In turn, maybe cotter's SO who is officer can help ask their SO for advices.... HTHs

Comment

Thanks vienne for starting this thread!!

I can totally relate to your situation because me and SO are doing the same, like having phone calls during the weekdays. Haha.

I met my SO when he has already signed on with the SAF. I must admit that it wasn't easy to comprehend with the fact that there's a lot of occasions that he cannot spend with me, or that he will be away fro 2-3 weeks for overseas training. We've gotten into serious disagreements before.

But after a year, I have learnt to accept the nature of his job, and in fact enjoying the times that I spent without him. So when he's not around esp during the weekdays, I will try to spend more time with other friends; weekends are usually 'reserved' for SO hehe.

It really helps too that he puts in a lot of effort in trying to maintain communication between the both of us, even when he's busy. It just makes me feel cherished, as I know that I am in his thoughts.

The lack of seeing each other constantly makes each moment more precious. So vienne, sometimes less can be more..hehe

Comment

my SO is contemplating joining the airforce during the recent recruitment drive.
          a big career jump but then again he always love planes and wants to fly.
          Now that they do not require perfect eyesight as a minimum, SO submitted his application.
          I am keen on this thread even though SO may not even make it into the other interviews.
          Just wanna get an insight about the lifestyle change

Comment

it wasnt easy, coz his time is all 'controlled' by work. I was with my SO since when he was still in OCS, thereafter AFS and posted to the camp. It's been 5 years now and i am kinda used to it, though sometimes I would still feel unhappy when he is late for our appointments due to last minute work.

He did a big sacrifice for me for not taking up the pilot training coz he knew it would be a long long time before he could be back to Sin, and I was thankful for that. We had just started out then and he did not want to jeopadise our relationship.

Bottomline is, to give and take. They are working towards our futures and protecting our land. Perhaps we should be grateful that we have more time to ourselves and able to do our own stuffs

Comment

vienne: perhaps you could date your mother out? cause i find it quite fun to go shopping with my mother at times.. or perhaps have a family gathering? hurhur.. i'm also a pisces, but he is going NS next year.. :S

Comment

my SO was a firefighter previously and he's in the air force now (as a regular). he's now undergoing training for his new vocation and i only get to meet him on weekends for all of the 3 months that we've been together. it's not easy being the SO of military guys, much less the wife. it takes lots of patience and understanding which i admit that i don't have much of.

but anyway we have another 'problem' now that's bigger than his work schedule. i am working overseas now and won't be home until 1 year later. somehow i just get this feeling that he will get his overseas posting right after i return.

Comment

Have been together with my SO before his NS, during his BMT he has signed up with RSAF. His working hours is regular frm 8.30-5.30pm except sometimes he need to go back to work during weekend. Not much complaint but Im really hoping he will get posted to oversea than I can tag along with him.

Too bad he not a pilot....

Comment

seems like alot of the SO joined as regular.. luckily my SO never thought of that..

My SO is currently serving NS and is ORDing in a few months time (yeah i can't wait!). I can't wait for weekends and pray that his weekends is not "burnt" for duty..

Comment

WoW, I almost wanted to start this thread also heheheh..

I am with my BF last March, he has been in the army as regular since 7 yrs back.
                      After his promotion to staff sergeant last year, he has to be commited to alot of events or whatever needs his help, like the normal guard duties, NDPs, more and more exercises, some alert standbys etc.

Most of the time we can only meet on weekends, and if his weekends are burnt as well, we would not get to c each other and weeknights I gotta give tuition after my daytime job, so trying to squeeze every min of time. Sometimes is just so helpless, is like when you need him, he can't be there. But when he needs you, I am always here for him.

Comment

It really shock me now!!! So many many many here SO regular too!!! WE ARE RIGHT TO START THIS THREAD!! Can share some feeling here.....

I have got many friends (sec/poly) also sign-on... I think gals who SO is AIRFORCE Pilot more or less can said MISS SO more.... my ex-sec classmate send to Aussie for training for 1 year now only into 6 months.... his gf is my sec classmates too..... she told me long distance call also abit waste of $$$ so she wait wait for him to call... I will die like that..... I can be consider as more attach to my SO....

My SO is entering his 3rd year with SAF soon.....I hate when there's like suddenly a call for him to go back to his camp to stay overnight as dunno what happen to his camp...

His camp is at RIFLE RANGE ROAD for ammunition located at Bukit timah there...... then we both stay in the east.... haha

Actually, i think Singapore will not start a war la.h so sign-on should be safe hahah....

Comment

Originally posted by ber
                          seems like alot of the SO joined as regular.. luckily my SO never thought of that..

My SO is currently serving NS and is ORDing in a few months time (yeah i can't wait!). I can't wait for weekends and pray that his weekends is not "burnt" for duty..
                          ber: you are so BLESS!!! hehe nightmare over soon.... no more weekends duty for your SO soon....can enjoy weekends forever with SO hehe

Comment

My SO with airforce. So far weekends still ok, but he is on alternate night shift..but when he's on day shift, he might hv to work one of the weekends..

Comment

Originally posted by plain_substance
                              my SO was a firefighter previously and he's in the air force now (as a regular). he's now undergoing training for his new vocation and i only get to meet him on weekends for all of the 3 months that we've been together. it's not easy being the SO of military guys, much less the wife. it takes lots of patience and understanding which i admit that i don't have much of.

but anyway we have another 'problem' now that's bigger than his work schedule. i am working overseas now and won't be home until 1 year later. somehow i just get this feeling that he will get his overseas posting right after i return.
                              plain_substance I understand how you feel.... thou I am not permanently like located overseas... but went thru how overseas work feel like... my SO go thru BMT/OCS where he can only 'book-out' for weekends... but when i was flying around the world i sometimes got long flights back to back and have to see him like 1 months later... I am totally frustrated too....

JIA YOU JIA YOU!!! U can make it thru/We can make it thru!!

Comment

Working...
                              X