Another MRT death .......

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another MRT death .......

sigh... another mrt death occured yesterday night at Clementi MRT station..
    Seems like another wannabe case of the chinese garden accident...

i read it on the newpaper this morning.. i suppose mrt suicide is becoming a trend after the first one.. that's very sad..

Comment

Yup, it seems to be becoming a trend since the previous case received a lot of beneficiary from people who pities their family.

Comment

Ohh... sad to hear this again.
        What actually happen? Anybody know?
        I've not read the news yet.

Comment

yah... i guess the previous case had misled a lot of pple...
          just take 1 life, the rest of the family will not suffer anymore...
          feel so sad....
          but iif this time round its a similiar case of the previous, i dont think singaporeans will donate as generously...

Comment

Originally posted by Miss Mysterious
            Ohh... sad to hear this again.
            What actually happen? Anybody know?
            I've not read the news yet.
            Miss Mysterious..... read from CNA website but not much details... guess gonna wait for today's newspapers....

Comment

The CNA website didn't elaborate but it sounds like a case of foul play to me.

Comment

MRT definitely need to do something about it, like building safety doors even for stations above ground. It's not only suicides, previously a woman was pushed down the tracks by her crazy boyfriend.

Comment

i don't understand why they don't put barriers, so many deaths already.

Comment

yah... i also remember.. there's this case, a school teacher was reading a book along the platform at amk station, she lost her footing and fell on the track then came the train..

i think hong kong mtr has this safey barriers for above ground stations. It will more or less avoid unnecassary accidents...

Comment

I heard the CEO said it will cost a lot of money to build these safety doors/barriers, she didn't think it is worth the money. But now with so many cases, she might be pressured to do something.

Comment

i guess, if they were to put barriers, the cost will increase, and as commuters.. people will start to complain about the increase...

people take after trends.. and sadly, this is not a trend to follow suit.

Comment

it will be sad if the trend of this suicide is due to the overwhelming generous donations given to the 1st case family..

Comment

Originally posted by tamarind
                            I heard the CEO said it will cost a lot of money to build these safety doors/barriers, she didn't think it is worth the money. But now with so many cases, she might be pressured to do something.
                            heyhey....the LTA transport companies already price increases on us already, they sure got money to IMPROVE.... then what they using the money for....already make profit, still price increase on us..getting a fatter bonus huh.....they better do something

Comment

really don't understand why these ppl can just do this kind of things
                              they think dying is a relive for themself but what about their family members?
                              Next time others or their kids will just follow their way to escape from facing the reality.

Comment

Working...
                              X