Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Teeth whitening

Any raves/rants on this?

Do they sell these in Singapore?? I've always wanted to try!

Comment

<FONT SIZE=1>Originally posted by pandora76
      Do they sell these in Singapore?? I've always wanted to try! </FONT SIZE>
      Nope they arent available here
      Costs USD 29 for a box of 56 strips(18 upper & lower)..if i remember correctly.
      Was thinking if i sld CP them

Comment

i used the white strips before it does whiten your teeth but the effect is only temporary cos i now find my teeth turning yellowish again with all the tea that i've been drinking.

this thing is also quite "lecheh" (troublesome) to use. u've got to put on the strip for 15 mins (?) twice a day and it's quite yucky when the gel mixes with the saliva and u can't talk with the strip stuck on your teeth.

my verdict? great stuff if u need a temporaray whitening solution cos i find that whitening toothpaste don't work.

will i repurchase? unlikely, since the effect is not permanent and you've got to be very disciplined in using this for 2 weeks, twice daily. not quite worth the effort.

Comment

Ooo.... how timely.. was thinking of hunting this done when I visit the States next month.
          My friend and I were more keen on the Sonicare toothbrush. But this isn't sold in Singapore of M'sia anymore :p we think it's a dentist conspiracy to make us go to them for regular cleaning. Proposed buying the Sonicare from the States but friend worried about the power supply and the sourcing of replacement brush heads etc.

Comment

I've tried this before, love it!!! costs about $60 per box...did my upper teeth religiously after i took off my braces then lower teeth gave up halfway...hehe anyway it whitened my teeth quite alot and will buy it if i can lay my hands on it!!!

Comment

hey i knew of another product which is quite effective too. Its the Colgate Simply WHite. Its a gel thing and got to use for 14 days. But i think its not available locally. Because i got it in Aust. ANyone tried that?

Comment

Professional Teeth Whitening

Not sure if it should be here, or in health. Anyway, some quotes, FYI:
                Bleaching
                * Brite White procedure- apply paste on teeth, under special light treatment, voila, white teeth after 1 hr. No need to be repeated, some sensitivity, will not whiten certain yellow parts. $1100
                * Home-based treatment- weekly check on progress at dentist. A mold is made of the teeth, apply gel on the "teeth tray" for 1 hour, daily, for 3 weeks. about $300. Some sensitivity.
                - sensitivity should not affect gums cos the chemical (it's an ACID) should only be in contact with the teeth, not the gums... but well, it may accidentally smear there and all that.

Will not work for:
                Eg. if the yellow is through the entire tooth (or enamel is translucent, showing colour through). Such are genetic, or caused by certain antibiotics in the fetal development stage. Only can be "whitened" by veneering which costs $450-550 EACH TOOTH (normally you do only top 6, if you have more money, bottom 6 too- cos these are the teeth that will show when you smile).

Mine is the antibiotic case, but giving the home-based treatment a shot!

Comment

i have done the home based one at $350, but the result was disappointing

Comment

I definitely need it! *point finger at my nickname*
                    But I'm quite heartache to fork out so much money now.

Comment

Went for the BriteWhite procedure. Came out $1800 poorer but have never been happier

Comment

Originally posted by Dimples
                        Went for the BriteWhite procedure. Came out $1800 poorer but have never been happier
                        $1800???????????? OMG, thats the instant result one isnt it??? My dentist said those need to have strong gums to resist, or it will be no good for gums isnt itz??? i dont have strong gums nor extra $1800 to spare......

Heard there is traditional way to using charcoal to do it, anyone tried before??
                        :wheee:

Comment

Originally posted by jemay
                          $1800???????????? OMG, thats the instant result one isnt it??? My dentist said those need to have strong gums to resist, or it will be no good for gums isnt itz??? i dont have strong gums nor extra $1800 to spare......

Heard there is traditional way to using charcoal to do it, anyone tried before??
                          :wheee:
                          Not sure about strong gums. They actually need to do a test first (X-rays too) to see if it is suitable for you. Your gums does get very sensitive for the next 2-3 weeks. After that, you just need to maintain.

Comment

Originally posted by Dimples
                            Not sure about strong gums. They actually need to do a test first (X-rays too) to see if it is suitable for you. Your gums does get very sensitive for the next 2-3 weeks. After that, you just need to maintain.
                            i am out definitely.. never mind, anyway, 1.8k is out for me.,...... i rather extract all my teeth and replace with all new onesss!! haaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Comment

Both (BriteWhite and the other tedious daily 3-week self-tray process) procedures are acid on the teeth, just that if you smear some on your gums then your gums will be affected.

Comment

Working...
                              X