Photography.. snap snap!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by ipinkaddict View Post
    This looks interesting! Too bad I didn't catch it during the V Day week. Would have been a nice gift to my loved ones. Is it still on? Wanna win something...
    yeah give it a shot, you never know. if I'm not wrong the competition ends at the end of this month so do hurry.

Comment

• Hey ladies, figured that some of you photo craze girls might want to check out this competition by Samsung. It's pretty neat if you ask me, loving the concept. I might just take part myself if I had the skills! Still need to train up on that.

Give it a shot! (No pun intended) Here: Samsung Cameras Singapore - Breathe Light Into The Night | Facebook

Comment

• Originally posted by dovespaniel View Post
        Beautiful goatie at Chitwan.

Canoe ride.

Lucky to have spotted these fellows at Chitwan jungle, at close range!
        The goat is so cute... I people can took photos like this where you can get the moment..
        You capture the goat's facial expression of happiness... Hehe! Love it totally. Mor efor animals do post it.. I found them cute.

Comment

Thanks.

Last glimpse of the sun befor it set at Nagarkot, Nepal.

The next morning's sunrise. The sun was just popping out. Left is the Himalayan range slowly getting hit by the sunray.

Children of Chitwan, Nepal.

Was sitting by the river bank, waiting for the sun to take it's rest. It was so peaceful and a quiet moment.
          I will say that this is really a nice photo. This is more of a photo essay. But I really felt sad to see children like this. The photo is art and behind it is a drama.

Comment

Thanks.

Last glimpse of the sun befor it set at Nagarkot, Nepal.

The next morning's sunrise. The sun was just popping out. Left is the Himalayan range slowly getting hit by the sunray.

Children of Chitwan, Nepal.

Was sitting by the river bank, waiting for the sun to take it's rest. It was so peaceful and a quiet moment.
            dovespaniel: your photos are amazing!!!! there is a story behind very pictures

just took up photography as a hobby too.

below is a recent photo i just taken.
            Attached Files

Comment

• Dovespaniel and w3nqian, great photos!

Comment

• Thought I'd help provide a list of titles for anyone who is getting started into photography and wants to read up more.

Getting started:

- The Digital Photography Book, volumes 1-3 by Scott Kelby.
                - The Photographer's Eye by Michael Freeman.
                - Perfect Exposure by Michael Freeman.
                - The Moment It Clicks: Photography Secrets from One of the World's Top Shooters by Joe McNally

Photoshop:

- The Adobe Photoshop CS5 Book for Digital Photographers by Scott Kelby.
                - Professional Portrait Retouching Techniques for Photographers Using Photoshop by Scott Kelby.

Scott Kelby also has titles on Lightroom etc if you are using them.

Flash Photography:

- Mastering Canon EOS Flash Technology by NK Guy
                - Speedliter's Handbook: Learning to Craft Light with Canon Speedlites by Syl Arena
                - The Hot Shoe Diaries: Big Light from Small Flashes by Joe McNally
                - Sketching Light: An Illustrated Tour of the Possibilities of Flash by Joe McNally

Comment

• Some of the more useful stuff I've learnt from the flash books:

1) Try to minimize using flash head-on if you can help it
                  2) If using fill flash in bright daylight, you will require high speed sync as your shutter speeds will go faster than 1/250sec.
                  3) High speed sync flash may not be powerful enough on its on, so you...
                  4) ... set +2EV or higher on the flash

5) If using flash wirelessly, zoom the flash to 105mm (for Canon flashes like the 580EX II) instead of 24mm and having the flash splash all over the place.

Sample photo of wireless flash (fired from his right, just out of the frame), zoomed to 105mm so that it concentrates mostly on his face and -1EV as I didn't want to blow out his skin.

No flash modifiers were used for this photo as I wanted the harsh(er) non-diffused flash to accentuate the debris on his skin and clothes and also set the mood.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rorschach View Post
                    Some of the more useful stuff I've learnt from the flash books:

1) Try to minimize using flash head-on if you can help it
                    2) If using fill flash in bright daylight, you will require high speed sync as your shutter speeds will go faster than 1/250sec.
                    3) High speed sync flash may not be powerful enough on its on, so you...
                    4) ... set +2EV or higher on the flash

5) If using flash wirelessly, zoom the flash to 105mm (for Canon flashes like the 580EX II) instead of 24mm and having the flash splash all over the place.

Sample photo of wireless flash (fired from his right, just out of the frame), zoomed to 105mm so that it concentrates mostly on his face and -1EV as I didn't want to blow out his skin.

No flash modifiers were used for this photo as I wanted the harsh(er) non-diffused flash to accentuate the debris on his skin and clothes and also set the mood.
                    Thanks for this very useful tips Rorschach! Nice shot too!

Comment

• Welcome and thank you too, LovelyJemChee! If you are looking to get plugins for Photoshop, Lightroom or Aperture, I would highly recommend the Nik Software bundle. Go for the education/student bundle as it costs SGD350 instead of SGD700. I purchased mine at Riceball in Funan Centre.

The photo above was also edited using Nik Software.

Comment

• Oh yes, for anyone intending to get photography books, Kinokuniya's summer sale ends this weekend.

Grand Summer Sale. 20% Off* Storewide At All Stores From 7th to 17th June 2012 (Thursday to Sunday) For Kinokuniya Privilege Card Members.

Comment

• Something from today:

Dangerous curves ahead

Comment

• wow.. Rorschach, where is this taken?

Comment

• Hi magicdust! The lady was sitting at the steps of School of The Arts (SOTA), and I shot this from the 6th floor of Cathay building with a 300mm lens.

Comment

• Hi all,

Sorry to be out of action for so long. Has been extremely busy since the start of the year.
                                Just to share some of my recent works from Perth, Western Australia.

#1.

#2.

#3.

#4.

Comment

Working...
                                X