Malaysia > Langkawi

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Malaysia > Langkawi

Anyone been to the above recently?Which resort is good or which tour package is good?I wonder what can you do there?Is it a monsoon period?Are they using Malaysia RM or sing dollar?

Please share more if you've been there

Thanks for sharing

Comment

Malaysia > Langkawi

Anyone been to the above?Anything intersting in langkawi and what can we do there?How about the Kuah town,any good shopping?Which resort is better?

Thanks for sharing

Comment

rafemama: yupz.. i went in dec last yr.. though the sky was overcast, it hardly rained.

petitez: my trip's abt 4 days if i rem correctly. my hotel is located near pantai cenang beach. its quite far frm kuah town. abt 30min by car? the bus ride is abt 10hrs, we took a night coach up. the taxi ride from the bus station is about 15min to the jetty, another 20min for the jetty i think.

sherry: the monsoon should not be much of a problem since langkawi is on the west coast (rain blocked by mountains in the middle) though not as bad as redang which is on the east coast.

sorry for the late reply! hope i was in time to answer your questions!

Comment

i don't have a good experience in langkawi,

shopping - nothing interesting to me(maybe the camera is cheap there, see alot of people buying, iam not in camera thou),

food - tried a few seafood restaurants and was very disappointed.

snorkeling wise is good, you have to take a catamaran(ferry) to a island(can't remember the name) you can see small sharks and big fish.

Have fun

Comment

which resort has private beach and is quite near to the town area?
            i prefer staying somewhere which is near to town so that eating and buying necessities would be easier.
            how can i book the tour?

Comment

almost all resorts have their own private beaches if you can drive, the best will be to hire a car at the airport and drive yourself around the sights with the map, it's much easier that way :D

Comment

Can anyone reccomend a Car/mini van rental company in langkawi?

Planning to rent a minivan as there are 10 of us going.

Comment

anyone knows of any agencies that does F&E packages to Langkawi? Thanks!

Comment

anyone been to Langkawi recently? please share your experience of travelling there and your choice of accomodation. Thanks!

Comment

malaysia -- langkawi, kuantan or port dickson

hi, a few friends and myself are thinking of going up to malaysia during our June term break during the third week of June. we're thinking of going to the beach areas of malaysia, mainly langkawi, kuantan or port dickson. however, all of us being students, yikes, we're all under a pretty tight budget, so i was just wondering if there's any tips you or advice or really just recommendations to give for a few students trying to have fun overseas? =]

we have a mix of both guys and girls, not a real big group, just ranging from 6-12. really appreciate all the advice given. =]

thanks and loads of love! =]

-aggie!

Comment

since you're going on a budget, what kind of things do you want to do/play in malaysia? personally, i find port dickson and kuantan less entertaining because they're less touristy and have fewer attractions. langkawi has more water sports, attractions, etc. you can also choose to stay in those hotels on the water - but you'll have to pay a premium for those.

Comment

Malaysia-->Langkawi

Hi gals,

I will be going langkawi this oct, but not sure where to go around.
                          anyone stay before bayview hotel??is it good??

Comment

hey, am reviving this thread.. Going to Langkawi for a couple of days as well, any cotters have raves/reviews to share pls?

Comment

hey guys,

I'm going to Langkawi tomorrow and would like to know if I should use the resort's transfer at RM195 for our private van or if it's cheaper to just get it at the airport. We're staying at the Datai.
                              thanks!

Comment

Langkawi

Anyone went to Langkawi before? Need help to plan my trip,

Comment

Working...
                                X