Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Baking | Culinary schools | Cooking Class

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Baking | Culinary schools | Cooking Class

    Has anyone attended cooking classes before? What kind are you interested in (eg, italian, french, chinese, thai,.etc..)? Any good ones to recommend?

    Came accross cookery magic earlier on, was wondering if they are any good. I was told that they run classes even if there is only one student (which is not usually the practise of most cooking instructors). Price is quite reasonable too.

    This one has been around for a long time: http://www.culinary.com.sg/, they offer a good variety and their menu changes alot.

  • #2
    Had a friend who took some kind of bakery class at Prima Deli or something like that.

    If you are interested, I could get some details for you.

    Cheers,
    Last edited by baobei; 08-01-2004, 08:24 PM.

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: Culinary classes anyone?

      Originally posted by mango
      Has anyone attended cooking classes before? What kind are you interested in (eg, italian, french, chinese, thai,.etc..)? Any good ones to recommend?

      Came accross cookery magic earlier on, was wondering if they are any good. I was told that they run classes even if there is only one student (which is not usually the practise of most cooking instructors). Price is quite reasonable too.

      This one has been around for a long time: http://www.culinary.com.sg/, they offer a good variety and their menu changes alot.
      Mango, I tried their baking lessons and it was fun! She has a lovely kitchen. The only down side was that we only got to watch, it's not a hands-on session. I got to bring home some of the cakes!

      Comment


      • #4
        I've had a few lessons at Raffles Culinary Academy at Raffles hotel and they are really good. Lessons includes lunch.

        Comment


        • #5
          second sunrice, very established. not cheap tho' i hear

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Jadeite
            I've had a few lessons at Raffles Culinary Academy at Raffles hotel and they are really good. Lessons includes lunch.
            Yeah, I love them too!! Used to go there for classes quite regularly, but stopped because the dishes they teach are not really what I will prepare for a quick weeknight dinner.

            Comment


            • #7
              any cheaper ones? think i really need to learn how to cook

              Comment


              • #8
                i think community centres offer interesting classes and workshops for various levels at very reasonable rates. you can probably check them out

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by lumos
                  any cheaper ones? think i really need to learn how to cook
                  Yeah, the cheapest are usually from community centres, I've not attended one at a CC yet, so don't know how good they are. Should be rather okay I guess.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Re: Re: Culinary classes anyone?

                    Originally posted by snowstar
                    Mango, I tried their baking lessons and it was fun! She has a lovely kitchen. The only down side was that we only got to watch, it's not a hands-on session. I got to bring home some of the cakes!
                    Are you referring to cookery magic or [email protected]?

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      cookery magic =)

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        I saw Conrad giving culinary class too when I was there two weeks ago. Not sure if it is of any good though.

                        I am interested in taking up culinary class too.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          curry-cooking courses

                          I'm really hopeless in cooking curry. I have failed so badly (so many times) even with pre-mixed, can anyone imagine that... :roll:

                          My hubbie is more than willing to sponsor me to some courses before I "poison" him further.

                          Any recommendations on curry-cooking courses?

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by snowstar
                            cookery magic =)
                            That's fantastic! Off to email her about the classes I'm keen on!

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Cotters, Cookery Magic has a Chocolate Overkill class on 1st February, 2pm - 6pm. At only $60 per pax, you get to learn:

                              -Small Chocolate Volcano Cakes (hot cake with melted chocolate that ozzzzzzes out from inside!!!!!!!)
                              -Mud Cake or Almond Cake
                              -Chocolate Fudge
                              -Petit Pots au Chocolate (rich chocolate custard)

                              *Slurrrp*

                              Anyone keen to join? I might be joining

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X