X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ok Thank you so much =)

Comment

• No problem babes!

Oh for those kind of plastic beads I'm not too sure.. Hehe glad that you finally found what you have been looking for!

Comment

• Attaching Beadcaps to Beads

Hey gals!

I just started trying to do simple beading. Here's the thing. I bought some beadcaps and wanted to use it on some beads. However, the bead caps don't seem to adhere well to my beads.

My beadcaps are supposed to look like vines 'crawling' on the beads. Because they look like vines/roots, some bits don't sit well on the beads. It's quite soft and easily bent so right now, I try to manually shape it to fit the beads but it still doesn't rest flatly. Especially the ends. It looks quite ugly and when I tried to wear them, it's actually a little scratchy on my skin.

How do I get them to rest flatly on my beads?

(i know this is a terrible description of what my beadcaps look like. I'll try to take a picture so it's more accurate.)

Comment

• Originally posted by xangelicj
          Yup that's my site.. There's a chain connector for the diamante chain.. alternatively you can just do wire wrapping between the diamantes, a much cheaper option IMO
          thanks! (: But what wires do you use to wrap?
          If possible, do upload a pic of the chain connector as well. (:
          the cheapest Ive seen are $12 for clear ones? any place sells them cheaper? :\
          lastly, do you use normal cutters to cut?
          Sorry bout the qns!

ps. ur site has many pretty stuff!

Comment

• btw, where can you find Black tassels? Or any other colours?
            Thanks!

Comment

• Originally posted by steeq
              btw, where can you find Black tassels? Or any other colours?
              Thanks!
              I've seen some sold at Spotlight at Plaza Singapura. I think they were recently trying to get rid of old stock and sold a whole 1m string of them for about $2 or so. I'm not sure if it's still on.

Comment

• ohh ya , i can see the shadows behind. but i think the overall design is quite nice. and the background is quite plain too. So anyone willing to buy with me?

Comment

• Originally posted by steeq
                  thanks! (: But what wires do you use to wrap?
                  If possible, do upload a pic of the chain connector as well. (:
                  the cheapest Ive seen are $12 for clear ones? any place sells them cheaper? :\
                  lastly, do you use normal cutters to cut?
                  Sorry bout the qns!

ps. ur site has many pretty stuff!
                  Thanks steeq

You can just use 24ga or 26ga wire to wrap.. =)

PM me for the pix k? i'll send it to your email.. Lazy to upload it online The $12 you are referring to the diamante chains? I bought them at that price.. I know HK has much cheaper chains.. So wasted that I didn't buy them during my trip.. Ya just use normal cutters to cut..

I just went to People's Park with my friend yesterday cos she wanted to buy vintage belts! Too bad I don't wear belts.. The designs for the clasps are pretty!

Comment

• check out nice accessories at www.getdolled-up.blogspot.com=) i was thinking anyone wants to buy with me?

Comment

• Originally posted by karensee
                      anyone has any idea where we can get BIG teardrop kind of pendant as well as those plastic bright coloured big rings????i've seen SOOOOO many of these in accessories/clothes shops but can't seem to find it! went down to arab street, chinatown and even to orchard to find, but ended up finding/buying everything but the pendant and the plastic rings.. URGHZ... so addictive..
                      Are you looking for plastic or glass teardrop? If plastic, there is a shop that sells them at 20-30 cents per gram. It is diagonally opposite Golden Dragon and they just open. They sell ALL plastic beads and many teardrop shape.

Bright Plastic Ring - Go to Little India and buy indian Style children bangles (10 for $2) and use them instead. I bought black and pink at Tekka Food Centre (opposite Seng Siong). Many colour available, and they have plastic, metal...etc. if you want bigger one, buy adult bangles.

Comment

• Originally posted by xangelicj
                        Thanks steeq
                        You can just use 24ga or 26ga wire to wrap.. =)
                        Do you use copper wire? I love to play with wire and bought a wigjig last month but I find that there are always marks on the wire.

Can you recommend better wire but not 925 silver - too expensive.

Comment

• Originally posted by hposnm1
                          I've seen some sold at Spotlight at Plaza Singapura. I think they were recently trying to get rid of old stock and sold a whole 1m string of them for about $2 or so. I'm not sure if it's still on.
                          gee. I'll go check it out. But just wondering how big are they?
                          Im looking for small ones. haha. Thanks for your help anyway!

Comment

• Originally posted by fruche
                            Bright Plastic Ring - Go to Little India and buy indian Style children bangles (10 for $2) and use them instead. I bought black and pink at Tekka Food Centre (opposite Seng Siong). Many colour available, and they have plastic, metal...etc. if you want bigger one, buy adult bangles.
                            may i know if there's a specific shop? or do they all sell the same stuff? thanks.

Comment

• Does anyone know where I can buy 14K gold chains for necklaces? Cos the other ones seem to get brassy so fast..

Comment

• Steeq : u looking for smaller rings? i have them in black & white....PM me if u want =)

Comment

Working...
                                X