Buffet Galore!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Buffet Galore!

Hey girls, i know this has been a much repeated topic but sorry I need the list of all the buffet places in Singapore again! You know it's near Christmas and there's gonna be lotsa gatherings and all, need ideas! :wink:

Here are a few I know and can vouch for (most are weekend affairs, and reservations all required!):

1.Mandarin Hotel, Triple 3 Restaurant. (luuurve the baked lobster!)
    2. Hilton Hotel Checkers Restaurant Japanese Buffet (eat your fill of sashimi, shisamo, unagi, sea urchin, teppanyaki, sushi, and round it all off with delicious plum wine or sake)
    3. Four Seasons Sunday Brunch (THE definitive Sunday brunch. Everything from power breakfasts to waffles to peking duck...BLoody Marys or champagne to accompany your meal)
    4. Raffles Hotel Tiffin Room High Tea (great spread, and so elegant too! For fulfilling your wildest tai tai dreams )

Comment

thanx Pan! i was actually thinking of Merchant Court cos' i heard the food is good and the price reasonable..anybody knows the number?

Comment

Good choice. Merchant court's prices are reasonable and u get salmon, oyster, durian pudding..Can't go wrong with Merchant Court.
        duckiee
        Cozy SuperStar
        Last edited by duckiee; 09-07-2006, 05:03 PM.

Comment

If you are durian lovers, then u wld love the durian pudding. Frankly, I have not found a hotel buffet at the same price range ($25+++) that serves better food than Merchant Court. The rest like Shangrila, Marriot, Ritz, Mandarin, Four Seasons serve good stuff but they are way more expensive than Merchant Court. I like desserts from Marriot though..the chocolate cakes are real yummy.... :o

Comment

I love the wasabi sauce they serve at the buffet. Goes nice and delicious with the salmon.

Comment

Anyway my friends and i have decided to go to Boat quay for a dinner made easy anybody tried any place there?? price range?

Comment

Boat Quay? U not scared of bomb hoax huh?

Only tried Pasta Fresca, House of Sudanese before I believe. Why don't u go Holland V? More interesting places to eat actually..
                duckiee
                Cozy SuperStar
                Last edited by duckiee; 09-07-2006, 05:04 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by pandora76
                  Here are a few I know and can vouch for (most are weekend affairs, and reservations all required!):

1.Mandarin Hotel, Triple 3 Restaurant. (luuurve the baked lobster!)
                  2. Hilton Hotel Checkers Restaurant Japanese Buffet (eat your fill of sashimi, shisamo, unagi, sea urchin, teppanyaki, sushi, and round it all off with delicious plum wine or sake)
                  3. Four Seasons Sunday Brunch (THE definitive Sunday brunch. Everything from power breakfasts to waffles to peking duck...BLoody Marys or champagne to accompany your meal)
                  4. Raffles Hotel Tiffin Room High Tea (great spread, and so elegant too! For fulfilling your wildest tai tai dreams )
                  OooO I've use to visit the Raffles Bar & Billard room high tea every week, but not quite the Tiffin room, atmosphere seem too stiff. B&B is alot more relax
                  The food at Tiffin Room sure looks babelicious

Comment

Nothing come close to Shangrila buffet..Cost $58++ and their seafood buffet is to die for. Believe me, my SO and I are gurus when it comes to buffet. He has a big appetite and is picky about quality. If money is not an issue and seafood is your love, Shang is what I would recommend. Their International buffet is truly international. They serve Japanese tempura which is top notch, sushi, soba, miso soup, Indian food like Naan and many others I can't recall because I always head for the seafood section, Spanish food, American fanfare, Italian fanfare and best of all barbeque seafood! Their chilli and pepper crab are barbequed right before your eyes. Their barbeque lobster are huge and juicy and same for their prawns.....And if that is not enough, check out their dessert corner which has the most variety of fruits in town - lychee, rambutan, jacksfruit, watermelon, papaya, honeydew etc. And in the month of Aug, they even serve D24 durians! The chocolate cakes are yummy (though I do prefer Marriots's), cheese cake, bread pudding, chocolate mouse etc......I am feeling hungry just thinking about it......

No. 1 Shang
                    No. 2 Marriot (love the dessert)
                    No. 3 Triple 3 Mandarin (the lobster, sashimi are fresh)
                    No. 4 Ritz (hmm...but between this and Shang which are in the same price range, I would go for Shang anyday)

If you are looking for value for money buffet, I would highly recommend Swissotel Merchant Court. For $25++ you get oyster, fresh sashimi and delicious durian pudding..

For Japanese buffet, try Goodwood Park. The Teppanyaki is to to die for...

If you love good old local food, try Traders Hotel.

Comment

Buffet faves:

Shangri-La /Coffee Garden's seafood dinner buffet
                      -Love the ambience of the alfresco dining area, the food is Superb!

Magic of Chong Qing Hot Pot @ Tanglin Shopping Centre
                      -Steamboat style, with perfectly fresh ingredients.

Le Meridien/ Cafe Georges' international dinner buffet
                      -Small selection but quality of the food is

Marriott's international dinner buffet
                      -Like the ambience, plus its just next to CK Tangs!

Comment

hi fei fei dear, sorry! mistake on my part. didn't go to mezzanine after all. it was actually my friend's wedding dinner and my blur :sotong: bf said it would be at mezzanine but when we got there, it was chinese restaurant style! sorry dear, not much help here.

can't really help with buffets unless it's japanese. i can't stomach too much food at a go. but if you do ask about dessert buffets, please have a look at ritz carlton! the chocolate truffles are to die for. there's also a choc buffet at the hotel near milenia walk. can't remember the hotel name now. it's opposite paulaner. yeah, can remember all the watering holes.

Comment

Mich, you are referring to Conrad?? I love the chocolate buffet there

And check out Fullerton's chocolate buffet as well

Comment

Originally posted by fei-fei
                            hi, does mezzanine serve normal international buffet of ala carte? how much is it per pax for weekend dinner?? hehe, thinking of going there for dinner buffet this weekened....
                            any other nice places to recommend for international buffet? (wide variety, yummy food )
                            Fei Fei, I don't think Mezzanine serves buffet dinner. Its ala carte style. They do have Sunday Brunch though which is buffet style. But that was sometime back. Not sure whether they are still having this..Mezzanine in general is not a buffet restaurant. Refer to the buffet thread for other choices. Hope that helps

Comment

Originally posted by meow123
                              Nothing come close to Shangrila buffet..Cost $58++ and their seafood buffet is to die for. Believe me, my SO and I are gurus when it comes to buffet. He has a big appetite and is picky about quality. If money is not an issue and seafood is your love, Shang is what I would recommend. Their International buffet is truly international. They serve Japanese tempura which is top notch, sushi, soba, miso soup, Indian food like Naan and many others I can't recall because I always head for the seafood section, Spanish food, American fanfare, Italian fanfare and best of all barbeque seafood! Their chilli and pepper crab are barbequed right before your eyes. Their barbeque lobster are huge and juicy and same for their prawns.....And if that is not enough, check out their dessert corner which has the most variety of fruits in town - lychee, rambutan, jacksfruit, watermelon, papaya, honeydew etc. And in the month of Aug, they even serve D24 durians! The chocolate cakes are yummy (though I do prefer Marriots's), cheese cake, bread pudding, chocolate mouse etc......I am feeling hungry just thinking about it......
                              can i just check the shangri-la buffet you are talking about is the coffee garden one right? because the last time i went, there isnt any bbq seafood. or is the seafood buffet limited to certain days of the week? thanks!
                              meow123
                              Cozy Star
                              Last edited by meow123; 11-09-2003, 11:16 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X