Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Informatics

Hi cotters,
    anyone graduated from this college?i was thinking to take their Advance Diploma then go to Bachelor of Accountancy.... i cannot go directly to degree course coz i'm *** Diploma holder..
    Can u all please share ur opinions with me about this college?
    TIA!!!

Hi there,

There are quite a number of negative reviews in Hardwarezone regarding this school...

Comment

Originally posted by VH2006
      Hi there,

There are quite a number of negative reviews in Hardwarezone regarding this school...
      Thanks for ur reply, but this is the chepeast (but still cost $18K) ...
      i did survey for few colleges, SIM cost 20k++, others also around that, i'm in lost now....

Comment

Hi TinyCloud,

Not to pour cold water on you, but my sister got a IT degree from Informatics and she has problem getting a job in most GLCs/Gov bodies. It was rumoured that their degree courses are not up to university standard, more like poly level. So it may be more worth while to invest more in a 'reputated' academy.

Comment

Originally posted by jc007
          Hi TinyCloud,

Not to pour cold water on you, but my sister got a IT degree from Informatics and she has problem getting a job in most GLCs/Gov bodies. It was rumoured that their degree courses are not up to university standard, more like poly level. So it may be more worth while to invest more in a 'reputated' academy.
          i must look for another college thou

Comment

Originally posted by tinycloud
            i must look for another college thou
            One very important point to take note when you do your 'hunting', take a look at the cert that was issued. If they have their institute (say Informatics or MDS etc) stamped but the cert was from another university, then dun bother. It's like $50 bill with a 'sample' stamped on it ... worthless.
            Most institute do not do that as they are only middle man.
            Last edited by jc007; 06-12-2006, 09:41 AM.

Comment

How about Singapore Accountancy Academy?

Comment

Originally posted by jc007
                Hi TinyCloud,

Usually, popular govt sectors would not accept distant learning degree. They give priorties to NTU, NUS and full time overseas prestigous holder. But if you 1st class, then they would consider.

I have a friend graduated from Informatic and he is now working for one of the Big 4 accounting company. His cert has the school's name as the external institute but his is 1st class hons.
                Last edited by latte; 15-12-2006, 09:17 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by VH2006
                  How about Singapore Accountancy Academy?
                  I think you should try to find out more from those in the accountant field.

Comment

Originally posted by tinycloud
                    Hi cotters,
                    anyone graduated from this college?i was thinking to take their Advance Diploma then go to Bachelor of Accountancy.... i cannot go directly to degree course coz i'm *** Diploma holder..
                    Can u all please share ur opinions with me about this college?
                    TIA!!!
                    Hi there, perhaps you would like to consider taking ACCA up instead? At least it's recognised

Comment

Thanks for all cotters' replied...
                      Actually i've been advised to take either MDIS or SIC, they said they were more regconized in singapore, really headache to get a good private college n good lecturers.
                      I don't want to take ACCA because wht i heard it's very tough for studying part-time.

Comment

Working...
                      X