Animal Fur - Plain Cruelty or Fashion indulge

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Animal Fur - Plain Cruelty or Fashion indulge

As above.. In the name of luxurious and glamorous fashion.. animals are killed for their fur ... some finds it downright cruel while some are loving the mink coats, fur trimmed bags , fur jackets and etc. what are your views?

I saw the video on how people actually get the fur from the animals' body. It is so so cruel, no words can really spell my feeling after watching the video.

Some animals is actually skinned alive. After the fur is skinned, they were thrown to a hugh pile of animals bodies (some were still alive, tears in their eyes and waiting to die and some were being stepped til death).

Before the video ended ,my tears already rush down my cheeks. I can't watch it anymore.
    The sadness in the animals' eyes, the pain they went thru at that very moment.. I am so disappointed in those ppls who caused so much harm to those animals. Really hope ppls will stop buying fur to prevent more animals getting killed.

I find this very meaningful:-

"The Animals' Savior"
    Copyright Jim Willis 1999

I looked at all the caged animals in the
    shelter...the cast-offs of human society.

I saw in their eyes love and hope, fear
    and dread, sadness and betrayal.
    And I was angry.

"God," I said, "this is terrible! Why don't
    you do something?"

God was silent for a moment and then
    He spoke softly.

"I have done something," He replied.
    "I created You."
    Rachie_B
    Cozy Celeb
    Last edited by Rachie_B; 15-12-2006, 05:56 PM.

Comment

It's pure cruelty. In this day and age, it's not hard to create synthetic fur that have the same texture as real fur. The only reason I can think of as to why people continue to consume real fur and pelt is the sheer need to exhibit their power - both buying power, and power over animals' lives. Maybe somewhere in these people's subconscious the ancient belief that wearing your "prey" on your body helps stake your position within the community is awakened, like our cavemen ancestors.

Comment

I saw the video too. heart broken and made me felt the brutal world for the name of luxury and fashion... if only people have lesser demand for it...

Comment

For survival, I can accept. For indulgence, they better wish they would not be skin alive one day.

Comment

it's plain cruelty!! and imagine those ladies who wear them, they'll change fur after a short while for the style and fashion of it. Just for the short-lived materialistic, is it really necessary for them to skin animals alive?

Comment

I cannot find beauty in having a flap of real animal fur over shoulders ....if its for fashion indulgence can always get faux fur...

Comment

I think it's quite sick wearing someone else's skin over your own (can you imagine wearing the skin of a human on your back??). I saw the video too, it's really sad. Unfortunately a lot of people don't believe animals feel pain, too.

Comment

I never dare to use or buy all these real fur of the animals.... Its so scary @ the thought how they are being killed or worst is some have the head there as well..... I got friends who goes for the skins too....

Comment

Originally posted by poochi
                    I think it's quite sick wearing someone else's skin over your own (can you imagine wearing the skin of a human on your back??). I saw the video too, it's really sad. Unfortunately a lot of people don't believe animals feel pain, too.
                    of course animals dont feel pain, they are dead what... perhaps this may be one of the (mis?)conceptions people have...

anyway, we dont peel human skins when they are dead do we?

why should we be peeling skins for something that's superficial when technolody can give us similar stuff. unless people buy real fur for their distinct smell which technology probably still have a long way to go (which is disgusting by the way).

last but not least, we do not need fur to survive...

Comment

hjmn is it just the fur or fur + skin which mean the animal is skinned alive? if thats the case, its too cruel. actually i think we are somewhere or another, cruel? because we use leather bags, wallets, shoes and some, even fur + skin kind of coat etc. for the coat, its too cruel IMO. unless its the case where animals have only their fur removed but they are still alive and kicking, without much hurt then its okay. like those wool clothings etc, i think its just using this kind of method to get the fur from the animals?

Comment

just out of curiosity, do any of you ladies wear/use leather bags and shoes?

i don't support wearing fur as an accessory but i definitely do not feel strongly against it either.

it's part of a culture....people started out "needing" to wear fur to keep warm. now that fur becomes rare, it becomes a coveted item for the rich.....

we asians also have our share of such cruelty acts in our culture, sharks fin, elephant tusks, monkey brain, drunken prawns.....

i don't see sharks fin being taken off the menu for weddings anytime soon......

just my 2 cents worth

Comment

It's not necessary to eat meat either but not all the cotters feeling strongly against wearing fur are vegans. Animals which are bred en mass for human consumption don't have a good life either. There are all different sorts of cruelty. While I don't think fur is a necessity I think it's a double standard when people take eating meat for granted.

Comment

I tend to draw the line at wearing animal fur, if it's animals that are specifically bred for fur alone. At least with cows and sheep, I feel better since most of the animal is theoratically used.

That being said - I was in Norway once, where they were selling silverfox fur. And it was GORGEOUS and felt FANTASTIC. There's no way synthetic fur can replace that.

Comment

Originally posted by v_ni
                              just out of curiosity, do any of you ladies wear/use leather bags and shoes?
                              Yes, I don't wear leather bags / shoes.

Originally posted by cowdung
                              of course animals dont feel pain, they are dead what... perhaps this may be one of the (mis?)conceptions people have...
                              Of course dead things no longer feel pain, duh.

One would be surprised to know that there are quite a lot of people who believe that animals don't feel physical pain (for some strange reason!). Even fewer believe that animals feel emotional pain.

That said, fur is very often stripped from the animal when it is alive (and not when it is dead) - if you have seen the video you'll know what I'm referring to.
                              poochi
                              Cozy Star
                              Last edited by poochi; 16-12-2006, 04:29 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X