No announcement yet.

Late menses / Pregnancy scares

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello, as far as i know, seeing the doc is the best way to verify if u r pregnant. Even a test kit is not 100% accurate, though it's 2nd best next to seeing a doc. Your stomach will not show any change during the 1st 3 mths, esp if this is your first, cos the foetus is too tiny (i hear tt second pregnancies onwards, the bulge will appear earlier, but still not as early as 1st 3 mths though it may also depend on the person's frame).

You might "verify" using your intuition. Have you been very attracted to baby-related things lately? Have you been very emotional or sentimental? Do you think you are pregnant? Just be careful.. sometimes our desires can fool us into thinking it's our intuition when it's not. Unless you have super accurate intuition and you are very aware of how your intuition works.

Or else, you can always wait for another mth to see if your period shows up. Missed periods for 2-3 mths consecutively is PROB a sign of pregnancy, but still there may be other reasons for missed periods la. In the meantime, in case you really are pregnant, take gd care of yourself.

Comment

• hais

okie!!~ sure
      Last edited by sherwin2304; 09-03-2007, 09:04 AM.

Comment

• how about spending anout $10 to get a self-test pregancy test kit? It's better to check if you're pregnant cos you need to take special care if you are and since you intend to have children. Another question is are you mentally prepared for children?

Comment

• u just have to spend that small $ to get things tested. if u dont want to waste $ then go doc better. at least u get to know clearly whats going on. not everyone suffered from those vomits etc. it depends on individuals.

if u dont want to waste $ then u wait for few months more see if u have a bloated stomach. then u will know. but having small amt of blood here n there (if u are pregnant) isnt that good. so to end with, u just have to spend some $ to get things done. its yr health. if u dont care about yr health, who can help u? dont see that $ as 'waste'. see it as good for yr health take good care of yrself at the moment though. since u suspect u are pregnant.

Comment

• Yea I agreed with what the rest are saying here. The pregnancy kit is not expensive at all, get it and test so you can have a peace of mind. Once tested you are pregnant, you should see a gynae as soon as possible, watch your diet and get ready for the excitement ahead

FYI, some mums-to-be suffer no symptoms at all, my only symptom in the 1st 3 months is constant hunger
            Last edited by Gio; 19-12-2006, 02:09 PM.

Comment

• Hi Sherwin2304,

I do feel if you are planning to have babies, you shall have a plan to spend a bit on test kit as it is not very expensive to purchase one or consulting a gynae/doctor. Judging from the your post, I personnally feel that it is difficult for us to advise you and the best person to do so is still a gynae/doctor. If you are pregnant, they will guide you on the supplements you are needed to consume to carry on a healthy baby and which will also be benefitial to you.

Please do not do any more guessing yourself, start action. (Sorry, I am not very good in words and some spellings but I do feel you have to come out into reality in terms of your current situation)
              Last edited by Chamia; 19-12-2006, 02:41 PM.

Comment

• hi,
                have u been extremely tired? coz tiredness is 1 symptom. U'll feel so tired that u're constantly sleepy......

anyway, the test kit is not that X considering the amount of $ u'll have to fork out IF u're really pregnant. Gynae visits, supplements etc etc all cost $

Comment

• You don't want to spend money on a test kid but are planning for the baby? If you are truly planning to have one I hope you have a sound financial plan. I'm not having a go at you but finding out if you're pregnant is one of the first things you should do to keep your baby safe! If you can't afford it or prioritize other things over a pregnancy test kit, then you probably shouldn't be having one. Seeing a doctor isn't actually cheaper, and seriously, unless you're sick, it's a waste of the public health dollar and the doctor's time. It can be used to see someone else who needs it more. I'd see a doctor only after a home pregnancy test comes back negative and you can't verify it but still think you're pregnant. It's different going to a doctor to save money on a pregnancy kit (which isn't true anyways) versus going to a doctor to get advice on antenatal care that you do need if you're pregnant. I'm sorry but I see all kinds of people in emergency who come to get a free ride. It's not sustainable. And a private doctor would most definitely be more expensive than a polyclinic.
                  Last edited by Aphrael; 20-12-2006, 05:58 AM.

Comment

• If you miss your menses, it is likely that you are pregnant. I did not have morning sickness when I was pregnant. So even though you don't vomit you may still be pregnant.

Please take the pregnancy test ASAP. You can also go to singaporemotherhood forum to ask for a free test kit there. There are many kind mommies there willing to help.

I agree with Aphrael and I do worry about your financial plans.

Comment

• Sorry, but very puzzled by the comment about wanting to have a baby but not willing to spend on a test kit or see a doctor. Seems to be trying to find out the symptons of pregnancy from us as she is afraid that she is pregnant.

Comment

• I think she can just buy the test kit and DIY cos the test kit in clinics (i work in 1) is the same as outside ones and normal GP will only give her normal supplements. Better to know positive or negative and see a gynae straightaway.

Comment

• Sherwin2304,

If you dun mind, I do have a spare pregnancy test kit at home which I can give it to you. I can meet you around west - near central. If you happen to drop by this post and is interested, you may want to email me at [email protected]

We know you are confused now and will really want to help you. Anything, please do not feel afraid to voice out.

Comment

• I hope you will come to your senses and get yourself tested coz the pregnancy kit is pretty cheap. It hardly makes any sense to say you want a baby yet are reluctant to fork out <$20 for a kit to confirm the pregnancy. Same as eil916, a friend of mine works in a clinic and she told me they use the same kit to do the testing for their patients.

Comment

• well, you can buy a test kit for just few cents?
                              i found it on yahoo auctions.

if you plan to have baby, be prepare the cost for TTC-ing.
                              i spend quite alot on ovalution kit and test kit.
                              but if really got pregnant, i think its totally worth it.

Comment

• You can definately get a test kit for <$10 at Watson's or Guardian... Just to get that peace of mind. If you're pregnant, gotta start taking care of yourself - that's for your baby too. Also, I think I share the same sentiment of many other cotters here... If you're not willing to spend just $10 on a test kit, how are you going to survive pregnancy and thereafter? (Certainly costs more than $10! )

Comment

Working...
                                X