Gifts for Guy | BF | Hubby | Father

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gifts for Guy | BF | Hubby | Father

It's sooooo difficult to buy something for a guy. If you have around 100 to spare, what is the perfect present to get for a good but not close boy-friend?

Anything but clothes please.

as i am so into makeup/skincare, nowadays i choose skincare items for guys!!!

The past 2 birthdays for guys, i bought Zirh from escentials Tangs, facial wash, shaving cream stuff as a set... another is the body scrub n perfume......

Comment

boys adn their toys....
      i try to get them something they would use - electronic, games, or FOOD!

e.g., palm hard case, ps2 games, money clip, tieclip, cuff links (love choosing these!)

Comment

Yup....namecard holders, ties, cuff links etc.

Comment

This is a tough question- I've never bought anything for any man except my hubby before

Errr.....how about a voucher from places like Sony at Bugis or Challenger from Funan IT mall? I'm quite sure any man will be able to find himself something great there! Plus, vouchers are flexible, practical and not personal at all!

Comment

Originally posted by meow123
            heh heh......Sometimes I get for my SO exactly what I get for my mom - vouchers!! Then I can spend on 'his' vouchers
            What's new??? :ROFL: :ROFL: :ROFL:

Comment

Yes i normally get perfume sets with aftershave, scrub, shower gel & etc. for my guy friends too. Because most guys will not spend much money on those stuff. They would probably go for the perfume itself normally. How about jerseys? You can find out if the guys are into rugby, soccer or other teams.

Comment

food is the first thing that comes to mind.
                borders or hmv gift vouchers??

Comment

So far, the one thing that you can never go wrong with would be perfume sets, together with aftershave cream and shower gels...or just get a nice perfume :o:

Comment

A perfume set is a nice idea, especially since it's often overlooked by guys and it's actually a chance to get him to smell good!

for something a little more personal, you could try making him something? for example, sewing him a pillow and pillowcases. but that's usually more intimate and you might not find it suitable.

the best would be to go through a mental list of the typical things guys need and see if there's anything your guy is lacking. hope this helps~

Comment

Originally posted by ataraxia
                      for something a little more personal, you could try making him something? for example, sewing him a pillow and pillowcases. but that's usually more intimate and you might not find it suitable.
                      Heh heh, his bd is very soon, next week actually, I don't think I have the time or the patience for such a project. But, if I have a SO in my life, I'll probably do it.

Ladies, thanks so much for the wonderful suggestions, greatly open my mind to alternatives. And a lot of suggestions are items I want to be given to.

Okay, I think I'll choose between jerseys, perfume set and Sony voucher.

Hmmm...I'm not good with scents, what are the delicious scents for guys now??

Comment

dont worry, pillows and pillow cases are very easy! i sewed mine in 2 hours by hand. very ugly stitching la, but can be quite fast. you can even try dyeing the cases to make your own unique patterns - an idea you wanna save for when/if you two become serious?

for scents for guys, Miracle homme is pretty nice. Armani's black bottle (sorry, forgot what it's called!) is also very sexy. why dont you pop by Tangs and just go sniffing around every counter? quite tiring but at least you know it's exhaustive.

if you've really stuck, you could considering making him a care package? buy a box and decorate it, then fill it up with little meaningful gifts. he can then keep the box to store stuff in the future (hopefully stuff from your r/s!). hope this helps!

Comment

Originally posted by ataraxia
                          dont worry, pillows and pillow cases are very easy! i sewed mine in 2 hours by hand. very ugly stitching la, but can be quite fast. you can even try dyeing the cases to make your own unique patterns - an idea you wanna save for when/if you two become serious?

for scents for guys, Miracle homme is pretty nice. Armani's black bottle (sorry, forgot what it's called!) is also very sexy. why dont you pop by Tangs and just go sniffing around every counter? quite tiring but at least you know it's exhaustive.

if you've really stuck, you could considering making him a care package? buy a box and decorate it, then fill it up with little meaningful gifts. he can then keep the box to store stuff in the future (hopefully stuff from your r/s!). hope this helps!
                          Hey ataraxia, I really love your suggestion about the box. It'll made a great gift for a boyfriend. But too bad, while this guy is quite a good catch, we are only friends. I think I'll probably freak him out. :ROFL: :ROFL: Besides, it's a shared present but I'm the only one with too much time on my hands.

But, I'm gonna store those suggestions of yours away and whipped them out when I wanna charm a guy. heh heh*evil grin*

BTW, I think I'll send my friend to check out the scents at Tangs. Overwhelming of perfumes give me headache. That Armani sounds very promising. Sexy, I like that. *another evil grin*

Comment

Originally posted by blush
                            Hey ataraxia, I really love your suggestion about the box. It'll made a great gift for a boyfriend. But too bad, while this guy is quite a good catch, we are only friends. I think I'll probably freak him out. :ROFL: :ROFL: Besides, it's a shared present but I'm the only one with too much time on my hands.

But, I'm gonna store those suggestions of yours away and whipped them out when I wanna charm a guy. heh heh*evil grin*

BTW, I think I'll send my friend to check out the scents at Tangs. Overwhelming of perfumes give me headache. That Armani sounds very promising. Sexy, I like that. *another evil grin*

Perfumes also very personal hor? Unless you know are close enough to him to dictate what he uses. Like I typically go for a bit of fresh feminine sort of scent, like Emporio Armani or YSL Kouros or Issey Miyake Summer. But these days girlfriend wants me to use macho sort like Hugo Boss and Farenheit. Bo pian, it is for her to smell afterall.

If he drives, a car accessory like some tasteful popurri (wrong sp, damned where is the spell check) and the aroma therapy oil.

If he smokes, a nice lighter.

If he drinks, a nice wine opener or a beautiful German beer mug.

If he is into football, DON'T buy a jersey and make him look like a Mat Rocker. Find out what is his favourite team and buy a history book or VCD of their greatest moments. That will surely bring a smile to his face.

Tech gizmos would be out of your budget, like MP3 player. But no guy outgrows toys. Go get a radio controlled car or boat, especially sail boat.

Clothes not exactly out of question. Dress him up in those cool surf shorts or body hugging shirts to make him look like a wake boarding bum even if he doesn't like the sea, he can certainly look the part.

Drop me a PM if you need help.

The WOrld according to Psycho.

Comment

Originally posted by sky
                              Oh yes, and wish him to die sooner!

Oh well, I did give a friend a lighter and it was indeed, very loved.

Good girl. I once bought a lighter for my ex-father-in-law. My ex-wife went apeshit.

Come on lah, that guy been smoking before you were even born, whether I give him a lighter or nicotine patches is not going to make any difference at all!!!

Finally, she gave me a beautiful antique lighter cased in leather for Christmas. I still treasure it till this day and never once dared to bring it out of the house for fear of losing it. Thank God the lighter was not part of the division of matrimonial assets.

The World according to Psycho

Comment

Working...
                              X