No announcement yet.

Which hospital did you go for your pregnancy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• i agree with shoppingqueenie sunsdew - if you need to change, you should change, don't settle. I'm sure any gynea will be willing to take you on even at a very late stage.

Comment

• the government should be v happy to have good mums like you. Mums like me, hai...
      It's really frustrating cos my family is expecting me to throw a one month party, and I'm like, hello, let me have some time with the baby to get to know each other... too many things at the same time and my hubby can't deal with my cranky little gal too

Can't imagine how life will be like once my confinement is over and my mum and aunt no longer helps me out...

Comment

• Originally posted by sunsdew View Post
        the government should be v happy to have good mums like you. Mums like me, hai...
        It's really frustrating cos my family is expecting me to throw a one month party, and I'm like, hello, let me have some time with the baby to get to know each other... too many things at the same time and my hubby can't deal with my cranky little gal too

Can't imagine how life will be like once my confinement is over and my mum and aunt no longer helps me out...

Sunsdew don't said that. This is nothing to do with good or bad mum. It's just individual mentality.

If they want to have baby shower, push the ball back to your hubby. Let him decide, there're times we just need to be stupid and let the man do the job whether they want this or that. No point, you keep being the decision maker. Just stroke your hubby ego, tell him that you're tired, can he help you on whether to have this party.

Life without help is stressful. I been through I know, just take it as a training to know the baby further. I tell you when the baby is older, all these setback you experience now, is worthwhile. Cos $ can't buy the bonding between you & her, keep going Babe

Comment

• thanks!

Comment

• HI,

Any mommies who delivered their babies @ Mt. E? Mind to share the costs? My baby is due in Aug and would like to have a rough indication.

Thanks!

Comment

• i gave birth in 2007 at KK, TPS.

The first gynae i was with was really not good, alot of not too good stuff so i changed gynae towards the 2nd/3rd tri, i forget.

just change whenever, it doesnt matter. what matters is that you have a good relationship with your gynae and you can say/ask anything and not get an unsatisfactory answer or attitude.

Comment

• had an emergency c section at mount e. came up to about 9k, including doc's fees. stayed at a single bedder but the service sucked big time cos was staying in a double room converted into a single room.

why don't you try gleneagles, or thomson or alvernia? the rooms at gleneagles are great and alvernia's nurses are friendly, and the rooms are not bad.

Comment

• Originally posted by sunsdew View Post
                  had an emergency c section at mount e. came up to about 9k, including doc's fees. stayed at a single bedder but the service sucked big time cos was staying in a double room converted into a single room.

why don't you try gleneagles, or thomson or alvernia? the rooms at gleneagles are great and alvernia's nurses are friendly, and the rooms are not bad.
                  HI Sunsdew, oh really

My gynae only delivers @ Mt. E.

I think I'll have to be mentally prepared when it comes to the bill and service. I'm still too early to determine if I am to go for natural or caesarean. Understand that the planned caesarean still can become an emergency caesarean if BB chose to pop earlier.

I have already informed the nurses that I would like to have a single bedder. But she told me that they are not able to guarantee till the day I checked-in.

Comment

• Originally posted by MsCapri View Post
                    HI Sunsdew, oh really

My gynae only delivers @ Mt. E.

I think I'll have to be mentally prepared when it comes to the bill and service. I'm still too early to determine if I am to go for natural or caesarean. Understand that the planned caesarean still can become an emergency caesarean if BB chose to pop earlier.

I have already informed the nurses that I would like to have a single bedder. But she told me that they are not able to guarantee till the day I checked-in.

Speaking as a mother with 3 kids, don't worry about the rooms! The BIG thing is to relax and enjoy the birth. Rooms are secondary! But services from the nurses are a big help if you are a new mom breastfeeding or just had a c-sect! TRY Thomson and Mt Alvernia mostly heard nothing but good news about them.

Comment

• HI MissGinger,

Thanks for the encouragement! Just checked with the nurses and they mentioned he only delivers @ Mt. E. As what u have mentioned, I will not worry too much about the rooms now. Will ask hubby to stay with me (if we have a single bedded room) to help out.

Now my main concern is my low lying placenta. Going to do more readings and gain a better understanding. *Gasp*

Comment

• hi capri, make sure you keep requesting for a room in 4b, which is the single room ward. some nurses in ward 4a sucked big time, but the malay night nurses were nice. the nurses in 4b are much nicer and better with breastfeeding. Your hubby must be willing to stand up for you and act on your behalf.

for lactation consultant, ask for geok choo and not the other one. They have pumps you can borrow, you may not be able to pump out much at first, so don't get discouraged if you can only pump out 20ml even if you're v engorged.

you must keep asking for help if you can't go to the classes, don't wait until you've got bleeding nipples and bad engorgement like me. I kept asking for a consultant cos I was too tired and in pain, but the consultant didn't come till i blew my top and made a fuss on my last day!!!

I think the nurses bully those they think they can bully (those they think not in single bedder).
                        don't worry, can claim some from medisave. I claimed about 3k for both baby and myself.

Comment

• sunsdew, I didn't realise the nurses at mt e can be quite a bully till I read your post. My gynae is also at mt e, I have a strong feeling he delivers at mt e as well & not other hospitals (it's still too early for me to check out the details)....I dont think I'll change another gynae as my current gynae has been with me since day 1

Comment

• HI Sunsdew,

Will take note and let hubby know.

Thank you for the valuable information!

Comment

• Your hospital stay is really secondary to your gynae. You're only staying a few days. I delivered in Mt E and signed up and paid for a double room. Ended up getting the whole room to myself until I got discharged as the other bed was unoccupied. They would normally give you as much privacy unless of course, it's fully occupied. It was really pleasant for me - they have breasfeeding and baby-bathing classes, with a lactation consultant going round to help you if you're breastfeeding for the first time. Great service.

Comment

• ksychan,

you were lucky!

i feel that both the stay and the gynae are important. the stay is important, esp if you're having a c-section cos recuperation is v important after such a major surgery. If you're going to breastfeed your bb, it's even more impt cos you'll be in pain in many places and will be v tired to boot.

I guess I was really unlucky cos the nurses that attended to me were really horrible. Some of them were really nice, but the horrible ones were so mean to me and actually scolded me when i fainted from pain and dirtied the floor and bedsheets with my blood! And they ignored me when i told them that it hurt when they were injecting me with antibiotics; the nice one actually did it v gently with no pain at all.

actually, the thing about 4a and 4 b wards was confirmed by someone who was working at mount e, and who advised me to switch rooms.

but the nurses really didn't know a lot about breastfeeding cos they freaked me out into giving my bb sugar water on the 2nd day as she had not really wet her diapers. they also could not teach me how to latch on: they only knew how to position the bb's body.

I later found out that by the 2nd day, bb may only have 2 wet diapers at most cos the milk hasn't come in yet.

Comment

Working...
                                X