Which hospital did you go for your pregnancy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi Sunsdew,
    Am so sorry to hear your encounter with this quacky gynae. Perhaps you may like to visit this lady gynae, Dr Dolly Wee, she's also in Mt E. She's very different from your gynae, she's very patient and assuring and she will always shares with you the possibilities and she is the very calm type, most importantly, she is not pushy with the packages and her charges are pretty affordable.

Comment

• Sunsdew,

Don't take it to heart, it will affect ur baby. If you r uncomfy with her, probably can visit another gynae, else, not easy to face her again for your following visits.

Comment

• thanks gals for your concern. I'm quite apprehensive about switching to another gynae cos I'm moving into my third trimester. I'm really worried that no one will accept me. My hubby and in-laws will prob flip if they know that i want to change to another gynae.

I think what I can do now is to keep exercising and keeping fit, do stretches, do the perineum massage and pray for the best.

See how the next appointment with her goes.

Comment

• Originally posted by veraclari View Post
          hi, mine's at gleneagles. all 3 pregnancies. i personally love the services there. really good. am there as gynae there. no complains. i'ved stayed in the 1 bedder twice and a 2 bedder once. Good service for me. Midwives are good and experienced.
          how much u spend??

Comment

• Originally posted by Smoochie View Post
            Congratulations to all mummies-to-be.

Ok, let me make myself clear first. I am not trying to scare everyone off, neither I am trying to bad mouth about this doctor working with TMC, charging the lowest among other docs in the island.

BUT, I was advised not to visit this Dr. at Sembawang. NO BIASED okay. I have my own valid reasons for not choosing him and I am terrible sorry that I can't share the reasons here. Maybe it is just among us (nurses). * please don't shoot me, I am just sharing...*
            I think I know where you come from .......... I've heard reviews about this doc as well...........

Comment

• Yeah Poohrie, incredibly cheap. He has his own reasons and he has his own way of running his bussiness. Anyway, I am aslo glad that most mummies are fine and their babies are healthy. =)

now I am cracking my head but most likely will go for Dr. Tan KT from KKH. Well, I still trust KKH.

Comment

• Originally posted by sunsdew View Post
                All mummies to be reading this, please consider carefully how you want to deliver your baby and make sure you ask your doctor about pain killers, episiotemies, natural deliveries before choosing a doc.

I'm seeing Dr Pat Sim at Mt E. I used to think that she was good but I'm starting to regret my decision.

When I wanted to discuss my delivery options with her (pain killers, episiotemies etc), she gave me a big lecture!!! She was so angry when I asked her if episiotemies could be avoided and told me all the horror stories about natural deliveries.

Actually, all I'd wanted was to ask that she try to let me stretch if possible and only do episiotemies if I look like i'm going to have extensive tearing or if I need forceps.Her reaction was that she wouldn't know if I was going to tear excessively.

She also seemed quite worked up at the fact that I would prefer not to have any painkillers for breastfeeding purposes. I'm realistic and realise that in the end, I may have painkillers and episiotemies, but I just don't want them without any valid reasons.

I guess she's not very pro-natural birth and v into efficiency!!! After that session with her, I slipped into a deep funk. I've already paid for her package and don't know if other gynaes will accept me at this stage of the pregnancy.
                Hugs sundsew, I am 21 weeks into my pregnancy and just switched my gynae too. Reason being, I am not very comfortable with my previous gynae. Don't really feel that she is very supportive and always somehow rush me into somethings I am not ready for. Now with the new gynae, he encourages me and actually bothers to explain to me the reason behind each and every steps he makes.

I reckon the most important thing is that you must be comfortable with your gynae. Cause afterall he/she will plays the most important part during your delivery stage. Listen to your heart and you will know the answer.

Comment

• I'm with Prof Tay at SGH. Very fatherly figure.

Comment

• delivered my baby at TMC with my gynea Dr Choo Wanlin from Pacific health clinic.

my gynea is fantastic, very caring and patient. explains alot of things in detail and answers alll my questions. When I fell really sick in my 32nd month with viral flu and cough, she prescripted me medication that was preggy-frenly and effective. thank goodness for her care.

As for delivery at TMC - it was a fantastic experience - the labour nurses were extremely frenly and helpful. Very caring and i felt that they geniunely cared for me. My labour was pretty long (16hours - i get to see the day shift nurses n night shift nurses, n then the dayshuft nurses again). My first 10-hours didn't see the epidural kicking in also. (was super painful - wonder how our mummies did it without epidural for 24-hours labour) When my baby was due to deliver during the day shift, the night shift nurses who took care of me stayed to help n encourage me to push.

really fantastic service.

Comment

• delivered at mount e. I almost died in an emergency c-section. That was not the end of my ordeal.

The nurses at my ward were so harsh and humiliating- they told visitors that they could stay in the room while they were changing me and taking out my catheter and scolded me for dirtying the floor and bed with my blood when I fainted from pain and exhaustion. I felt so humiliated that I was crying even in my semi-conscious state.

When they washed me while I was still bed-ridden, I was made to feel like an invalid. I told them that it hurt when they were injecting anti-biotics into me but they were so impatient to get the job done, they just pumped harder and with more force.

This horrible experience has made me very afraid of giving birth and I've decided that I'm not going to have any more children.

Comment

• yeah, i really,really regret not switching gynae cos I almost died in an emergency c-section.

Comment

yeah, i really,really regret not switching gynae cos I almost died in an emergency c-section.
                          Babe - I am sorry to hear about this & bad confinement. Please don't let them dwell on your decision. I have bad confinement too & infection from episiotemies but it never defer me from having 2nd one. Even now I am pregnant with 2nd one (giving birth anytime from now), I am so broke because still financing our loan till Aug this year. I will still go for 3rd one if I get promoted or pay to be the same as hubby. On a condition that I have what I want before 30.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShoppingQueenie View Post
                            Babe - I am sorry to hear about this & bad confinement. Please don't let them dwell on your decision. I have bad confinement too & infection from episiotemies but it never defer me from having 2nd one. Even now I am pregnant with 2nd one (giving birth anytime from now), I am so broke because still financing our loan till Aug this year. I will still go for 3rd one if I get promoted or pay to be the same as hubby. On a condition that I have what I want before 30.
                            you v brave. but my pregnancy was quite difficult and my delivery was even worse. also having a lot of prob with my baby now. V stressful. don't think can tahan another one.

Comment

• I recently had to be hospitalised because of threatened premature labour.
                              Stayed in Mt Alvernia under my obstetrician Dr Don WOng.

Feel very happy with the nurses' good service and also my doctor comes to see me daily and update me about my condition etc.

When I got discharged and went home, he even called me over the weekend to check how I am doing.

Thumbs up for the excellent service

Comment

you v brave. but my pregnancy was quite difficult and my delivery was even worse. also having a lot of prob with my baby now. V stressful. don't think can tahan another one.
                                To me - every pregnancy is God's Gift. Despite what kind of situation or experience, we been through, we cannot use it as an excuse. This is unfair to the next one.

Your baby is still young, require time to know them. Remember the rule - the baby knew you when they're inside you. But we don't know them & to be fair to the baby is they're not willing to come out of the comfort zone inside us. So they can be angry & cranky, we need to be patient & don't let them feel our frustration (remember they already knew us inside), if not they'll be even insecure. I admit this is not easy but don't pressure too much, each baby is different, like my boy is not easy to handle at early stage, don't want to sleep, don't want to latch (only manage to latch when he's 3 weeks old). And I handle him single-handly, so looking back, I feel satisfied that all these are over, who know anytime from now, this kind of life might come back again & with more challenge because my elder boy is very close to me. But it will not demoralise to go through all these again as I believe it's my duty to take care them.

Comment

Working...
                                X